Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Sand team by Hachi (almost completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!
I'm making a team on Y.I was thinking of a classic team instead of a weather one,but it seems I have some mons I can use for a sand team.My team is not completed,though,so I'm asking for advice.
I don't have much experience,so I'm also checking Terraplant's team (#thread-2692.html)

Let's get started!
My latest plans (thanks to all of you) are:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability:Sturdy
EVs:EVs: 182 HP/192 Def/136 SDef
Impish Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Volt Switch

I'l use Impish,although I still need help with more balanced defenses.Typical hazarder and spinner Forretress.

Heaven Keys (Klefki) (M) @ Leftovers/Light Clay
Ability:Prankster
EVs: 252 HP/68 Def/188 Sp.Def
Bold Nature
-Protect
-Light Screen
-Thunder Wave
-Reflect

Balanced Klefki thanks to Terraplant.But idk if I should have a way to heal myself or having screens for 3 more turns.Also,should I use Protect or sth else? (Peke's suggestion)

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/252 SDef/4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

It has some flaws,since it can be OHKO'd/2HKO'd by Special Mega Lucario,some other special attackers and physical attackers.But I'll try it. (idea from Terra's team)

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability:Magic Guard
EVs:252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe/6 Sp.Def
Timid Nature
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Shadow Ball

Magic Guard is good.No damage from weather or Life Orb,which means we can easily defeat some Pokemon.Psychic for STAB,Shadow Ball for Ghosts,Dazzling Gleam for Dragons and Focus Miss for Steel/Rock/Ice (NM2's suggestion)

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability:Sand Veil/Rough Skin
EVs:252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw

As I said in a post:
Outrage is good as a STAB Dragon type move,while EQ and Iron Head get bonus in sandstorm.EQ also gets STAB and it covers many types,including Steel which resists Dragon.Iron Head is for countering Fairies and Ice types. EDIT:I decided to choose Dragon Claw so I don't get trapped.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
EVs:232 HP/56 SpA/220 Spe
Calm Nature
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch

I don't really trust Hydro Pump.Also,Will-O-Wisp for halving the opponent's attack.If only Rotom-W could learn Scald! Sad (NM2's suggestion)

@Giorgosss
I'm sorry I didn't follow your advices.I would use Whimsicott if it could learn Reflect (and also if I had used more of my previous team).Also,about T-Tar,I can always try for an attacker if Vested T-Tar fails me. Big Grin
MegaLucario seems like the better choice. For the last team member, you might need something that uses special attacks to avoid being walled by physical pokemon. A mixed Aegislash seems like it would fit nicely as a wallbreaker. You could also give that role to Lucario (don't be fooled by its slightly better Atk; it can pull an amazing special sweeper) to avoid filling your team with too many pokemon that are weak to Fire, allowing you to put something to wall them such as Rotom-W or Jellicent.
(02-01-2014 01:09 PM)Terraplant Wrote: [ -> ]MegaLucario seems like the better choice. For the last team member, you might need something that uses special attacks to avoid being walled by physical pokemon. A mixed Aegislash seems like it would fit nicely as a wallbreaker. You could also give that role to Lucario (don't be fooled by its slightly better Atk; it can pull an amazing special sweeper) to avoid filling your team with too many pokemon that are weak to Fire, allowing you to put something to wall them such as Rotom-W or Jellicent.

So,if I use a Special Lucario,will I use it as a mixed attacker or as a special only attacker?
Btw,I've thought of a mixed Mega Lucario.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability:Justified/Inner Focus
EVs: (I'm not very good at mixed attacker EVs)
Naive/Hasty Nature
-Work Up
-Bullet Punch
-Dragon Pulse
-Aura Sphere/Close Combat

Work Up raises both Attack and Sp.Attack.Bullet Punch for priority,although I can use Flash Cannon for power over priority.Dragon Pulse for Dragin types,which have access to Fire/Ground type moves (Salamence with EQ,Garchomp with EQ/Fire Fang,Dragonite with Fire Punch),although there's also the option of Shadow Ball.But I can't choose the last move.Aura Sphere always hits and doesn't lower any stats,but Close Combat has more power.Also,they are different kind of moves (AS is special and CC is physical).

And I've also thought of a special Mega Lucario

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability:Justified/Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd/6 Def
Timid Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Vacuum Wave/Aura Sphere
-Flash Cannon
-Dragon Pulse

Nasty Plot for +2 Sp.Atk.Vacuum Wave has priority (like Bullet Punch),but Aura Sphere has more power.Flash Cannon for a special Steel type move.Dragon Pulse for the Dragons.

Also,about the 6th Pokemon,I could use my Goodra,right?Anyway,I'll do some experiments first to see what I can use.

Btw,should I use Dual Screens on Klefki or should I leave it as it is?
Don't look just at Rock/Ground/Steel Pokémon when building a sand team. Assuming you choose Mega Lucario, you'll have 4 Pokémon weak to Ground and Fighting, two incredibly common attacking types. Add some variety, don't be afraid to use something that takes damage from Sandstorm. Also, Magic Guard and Overcoat Pokémon like Alakazam, Reuniclus or Mandibuzz are quite commong in sand teams. Bulky Water Pokémon have great defensive synergy with the usual sand team members as well, covering each others' weaknesses perfectly. Rotom-W with its ability to Volt Switch and counter Talonflame is probably the best but Gyarados, Jellicent and Azumarill are quite good too.

Definitely try out the mixed Aegislash Terraplant suggested and, after Pokébank is out, Scarf Genesect too. They can easily soften up your opponent's team so that a sweeper like Mega Lucario can run through it late-game.
(02-01-2014 03:25 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Btw,should I use Dual Screens on Klefki or should I leave it as it is?

If you really want a Klefki, it's the best option imo.

Also, don't forget that the weather don't last "forever" now. Azumarill as NM2 said would work quite well and maybe something other that is immune to ground.
Instead of klefki you can use Whismicott.
It is a prankster user like klefki,but it can handle better your Water,Fight,Ground weaknesses of your team.
Also i don't like your tyranitar Toungue You can choose to go Defensive or Offensive.Not both.You can't use his fully potential with this set
(02-01-2014 08:53 PM)Giorgosss Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of klefki you can use Whismicott.
It is a prankster user like klefki,but it can handle better your Water,Fight,Ground weaknesses of your team.
Also i don't like your tyranitar Toungue You can choose to go Defensive or Offensive.Not both.You can't use his fully potential with this set

You're restricted to an offensive moveset because of Assault Vest though, and VestTar has insane SpDef because of Vest + Storm.
But i don't see a point using a tyranitar as a special Defensive wall with assault vest. You can only handle thinks like Thunderbolt,Ice beam,Flamethrowers Which a Leftovers Sp.D Tyranitar can handle too and even a offensive one could check easily and do more damage instead.
Also tyranitar with assault vest even with this monstrus sp.d can't even check Sp.A Mega Lucario :

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 480-568 (118.8 - 140.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Vacuum Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 240-288 (59.4 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 240-284 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So i don't see a point using Assault Vest tyranitar
(02-01-2014 04:10 PM)NM2 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't look just at Rock/Ground/Steel Pokémon when building a sand team. Assuming you choose Mega Lucario, you'll have 4 Pokémon weak to Ground and Fighting, two incredibly common attacking types. Add some variety, don't be afraid to use something that takes damage from Sandstorm. Also, Magic Guard and Overcoat Pokémon like Alakazam, Reuniclus or Mandibuzz are quite commong in sand teams. Bulky Water Pokémon have great defensive synergy with the usual sand team members as well, covering each others' weaknesses perfectly. Rotom-W with its ability to Volt Switch and counter Talonflame is probably the best but Gyarados, Jellicent and Azumarill are quite good too.

Definitely try out the mixed Aegislash Terraplant suggested and, after Pokébank is out, Scarf Genesect too. They can easily soften up your opponent's team so that a sweeper like Mega Lucario can run through it late-game.

IF Pokebank ever comes out.Toungue Of course I'm waiting for Pokebank,btw.
I'll try Rotom-W when I'll find some parents for it.Toungue What's a good moveset for Rotom-W?I don't have much experience with it.Jellicent sounds good too for immunity to Fighting type attacks.Also,with Water Absorb I can handle offensive Water types (like Belly Drum+Aqua Jet Azumarill).Is Milotic a good option for a bulky Water type?
As for Magic Guard,is Sigilyph a good option?Reuniclus seems like a Trick Room option for me.Also,if I use Alakazam,I'll use it as a special attacker,right?

(02-01-2014 08:30 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2014 03:25 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Btw,should I use Dual Screens on Klefki or should I leave it as it is?

If you really want a Klefki, it's the best option imo.

Also, don't forget that the weather don't last "forever" now. Azumarill as NM2 said would work quite well and maybe something other that is immune to ground.

If I use Dual Screens,I guess I'll use Light Clay instead of Leftovers,right?

(02-01-2014 08:53 PM)Giorgosss Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of klefki you can use Whismicott.

OK!
I'll check Whimsicott too.Especially now that it's half Fairy.
As for TTar,I followed Terraplant's TTar.Plus,I checked it on Smogon.

So,which Pokemons do I keep and which no?
I was thinking of a good Mega Garchomp,which I can use in the team

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability:Sand Veil/Rough Skin
EVs:252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Iron Tail/Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Outrage

The ability doesn't really matter,since it will get Sand Force.
Outrage is good as a STAB move,while EQ and Iron Tail/Head get bonus in sandstorm.EQ also gets STAB and it covers many types,including Steel which resists Dragon.Iron Tail/Head is for countering Fairies and Ice types.But should I use Iron Tail or Iron Head?

Also,I'm thinking of using Forretress after Pokebank comes out,because I don't have parents at the moment.It can replace Klefki for hazards and Excadrill for spinning,while I can use Klefki for dual screens.

Which means I will probably use:
Forretress (trusted Pokemon for hazards and spinning)
Klefki (Whimsicott doesn't get Reflect,so Klefki for dual screens)
Tyranitar (weather mon)
Rotom-W (bulky Water type)
Alakazam (Magic Guard and a special attacker)
Mega:Garchomp or Lucario

Garchomp seems a better option,imo.Lucario being weak to Fighting and Ground,like T-Tar, Klefki and Forretress (although Klefki and Forretress take neutral damage from Fighting).

What do you think?Big Grin

EDIT:My plan for Alakazam

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability:Magic Guard
EVs:252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe/6 Sp.Def
Timid Nature
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Shadow Ball

Classic Alakazam,but Dazzling Gleam over Hidden Power,since HP kinda sucks now.

And for Forretress:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability:Sturdy
EVs:EVs: 182 HP/192 Def/136 SDef
IVs:0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic Spikes/Spikes/Volt Switch
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball

Not sure about this.Still working on more balanced defenses.Any suggestions?Also,should I use this or an Impish one?

Possible Impish Forretress (Click to View)
As for Rotom-W,I have no idea at all.Toungue
Reference URL's