Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Chatroom discussions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I've noticed that in the last 2-3 months (maybe more or less,but not sure) there have been some weird conversations in the chat.Mostly love stories (eg:Tom with Chloe) and some other weird things said (mostly by Alex,like asking where Sara is).

So,I want to remind you that conversations offer a lot,but,for example,love drama offers nothing.

Here's an example of a nice conversation,which is partially Pokemon related too (after a small trade between me and Gabe,we discussed a bit about Pokemon nicknames) (Click to View)
Now here's an example of love drama (more like a complaint which involves love and some weirds things which were said) (Click to View)
On this point I should say that all of us have participated in weird conversations,all of us have made mistakes and that a small love drama is funny,but some of us discuss about normal things (Pokemon/Gaming/real life related).Also,love drama becomes annoying after a few days.

What I'm trying to say is that we should make this chat more friendly for new chatters. Have you ever imagined what the average new user thinks of such conversations? Someone who comes for a trade or for some advice,I mean.

I would like to hear your opinion about the chat and what I said about it so we can find a solution about it.

My idea (which I think I've seen in other chats as well) is that we have modmode open,while a script auto-voices everyone. So,when someone starts chat drama,we can remove his/her voice so he can see what we say,but without being able to talk,so they can learn from their mistakes.
(12-06-2014 04:03 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

I've noticed that in the last 2-3 months (maybe more or less,but not sure) there have been some weird conversations in the chat.Mostly love stories (eg:Tom with Chloe) and some other weird things said (mostly by Alex,like asking where Sara is).
This is true...but you have to keep in mind that most of our chat members are ages 12-25. It's a weird time for kids and it is quite often reflected in their conversations on the chat.
Personally, the love stories don't bother me. As for the drama.......sometimes it gets out of hand.

(12-06-2014 04:03 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]What I'm trying to say is that we should make this chat more friendly for new chatters. Have you ever imagined what the average new user thinks of such conversations? Someone who comes for a trade or for some advice,I mean.
Yeah....some of them get scared away.....Sometimes the regular users get scared away too....

(12-06-2014 04:03 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]My idea (which I think I've seen in other chats as well) is that we have modmode open,while a script auto-voices everyone. So,when someone starts chat drama,we can remove his/her voice so he can see what we say,but without being able to talk,so they can learn from their mistakes.
Actually, I like this idea. I've seen it done on other channels and it seems to work.
Of course that decision is up to Arty2.

Also, I want to point out that even if you think that person is "trolling" to please take all mentions of "suicide" seriously. I was irritated yesterday when I saw how that guy was being treated because y'all thought he was trolling. He was seriously considering it but thankfully, I was able to convince him otherwise. I will not tolerate people (especially hops/ops) who are rude to these types of people. (yesterday was the fourth time that I've helped somebody who was feeling suicidal feel better about their life)
(12-06-2014 04:03 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]My idea (which I think I've seen in other chats as well) is that we have modmode open,while a script auto-voices everyone. So,when someone starts chat drama,we can remove his/her voice so he can see what we say,but without being able to talk,so they can learn from their mistakes.

There is a ChanServ command that can autovoice people. I use (or used to) that command in my channel. I'm not sure if you can activate it with your access level, I know that founders can definitely do it. (I have four bots in my channel who have an access level of -1 because they are registered nicks and put +m on when they start to spam.) But an autovoice script sounds like a good enough compromise.
Hachi, use the enter key on your keyboard, you need more paragraphs especially when you paste 2-3 logs together. Toungue

I don't see where the problem is. The answer is pretty simple:

I Wrote:(01:37:55) (&fr3quency) If I ever see a post where you say something emo(like my parents hate me etc) or you say that you "love" a specific person from the channel(without even having seen them ffs) i will ban you for a week. get real

There are all kind of ages in the channel, but screw the older ones. We care about the kids(as well as our emotional health). We don't want anything depressing/emo/sh*tty/etc.

When that happens, use the kickban hammer. Problem solved. But first, give them a warning. Toungue
(15-06-2014 07:15 AM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]Hachi, use the enter key on your keyboard, you need more paragraphs especially when you paste 2-3 logs together. Toungue

I don't see where the problem is. The answer is pretty simple:

I Wrote:(01:37:55) (&fr3quency) If I ever see a post where you say something emo(like my parents hate me etc) or you say that you "love" a specific person from the channel(without even having seen them ffs) i will ban you for a week. get real

There are all kind of ages in the channel, but screw the older ones. We care about the kids(as well as our emotional health). We don't want anything depressing/emo/sh*tty/etc.

When that happens, use the kickban hammer. Problem solved. But first, give them a warning. Toungue

OK fr3! I'll start using more paragraphs Toungue

Btw,the younger ones are the one who cause most of the trouble.

I'll inform you if this works.
Reference URL's