Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Spotpass/Streetpass Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Beginnings of the Streetpass/Spotpass Discussion (Click to View)

Whether or not Spotpass/Streetpass are worth it has become a rather controversial topic.
Personally, I love and use both on a regular basis and I hope Nintendo continues to implement these features into future games.

I totally agree with this:
(16-06-2014 08:32 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]It really seems like some of you misunderstood the concept of StreetPass. You just need to have the 3DS with you while you're out with friends, on a cafe or just for a walk. Surprisingly, you'll find people in quite a few places in Greece. It's not so unpopular as you may think. Sure, you won't find a person every day but still it works pretty fine. (Hail tourism I guess) Streetpass is about going out, to places with a lot of people, so of course it's a social feature.

As I mentioned on my previous post, 3DS is a handheld. That doesn't mean only that you can play outside if you want, but also you can bring the console with you while you do something else.

Online, local and streetpass secret bases is the right path but even if they made them streetpass and only, it's an optional feature so I can't see why people would get offended.
I agree with skorp and hachi in other theard
I strongly disagree with what Peke said.
It was some months ago when my father came to see me,so we went to a cinema in a mall. 3DS open in a purse. StreetPass I recieved: 0
And no,I wasn't only in the mall. I was on the underground too. (2 times: once to go there and once to go back from there).
So,I should wait till summer so I can go outside to get some StreetPass?
Bull****!
Not many people have a 3DS here.And even if they have,they don't use it. So,I agree with Skorp.

Some years ago,back in Gen4,I was going with my father at cafes so I can get Wi-Fi for my 3DS. But I was like 8-10 then. People will look at me weird if I use my 3DS in a cafe.

So,Spotpass is good imo while Streetpass is bad.
I don't even know what Spotpass does,but it's online,right? Toungue
You're judging based on a single personal experience. Of course you won't streetpass in Greece as much in Japan, USA or even some other European countries. I never said that you'll definitely streetpass.

Despite that, I've streetpassed quite a few times randomly. Adding the hits I received in a few events, the counter is over 200. There's a reason people organize these events. In US there's even a Streetpass Day.

Also, you forget again that streetpass is an optional feature that some people enjoy. Your own inability to take advantage of its possible benefits doesn't mean its bad...
The area you live in has more of an effect on how successful streetpass may be for you. Judging the entire program by how you personally feel about it is bias and unfair. You can't blame them for not considering people who live in smaller / rural communities since those people will still travel to larger populated areas from time to time.

There are both good and bad things about it but you just have to make the best with what you've got.
(17-06-2014 03:09 AM)Rebecca Wrote: [ -> ]The area you live in has more of an effect on how successful streetpass may be for you. Judging the entire program by how you personally feel about it is bias and unfair. You can't blame them for not considering people who live in smaller / rural communities since those people will still travel to larger populated areas from time to time.

And how am I supposed to judge it if I don't express what I feel for it and an example of using it? And no,I don't live in a rural area. But yes,I can judge them for not thinking of people who live in rural areas or in places where only a few people own a 3DS. It shows they don't respect the people who spend money for their products. Also,as you said they will travel to larger populated areas. First of all,not everyone has the money to travel here. Most people in Greece prefer to go where their parents/grandparents live,although quite a lot of people go to the islands,etc. But even if people from rural areas travel to larger populated areas,do you think that people want to wait for like 2-3 months or more so they can have the chance to get 1-2 Streetpass which they might not even get? Besides,I fully agree with Skorp. When we go outside,we want to talk to other people. Not sit in a chair and play with our 3DS. (although many people do the same with mobile phones)

(16-06-2014 11:38 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]You're judging based on a single personal experience. Of course you won't streetpass in Greece as much in Japan, USA or even some other European countries. I never said that you'll definitely streetpass.

Despite that, I've streetpassed quite a few times randomly. Adding the hits I received in a few events, the counter is over 200. There's a reason people organize these events. In US there's even a Streetpass Day.

Also, you forget again that streetpass is an optional feature that some people enjoy. Your own inability to take advantage of its possible benefits doesn't mean its bad...

OK,I guess I'll try again and see...

You might have been lucky to streetpass others or be able to attend Streetpass events. What about the rest of us? That's why I hope Secret Bases to be Spotpass or Friend Code based. Maybe they should add Streetpass as well,but only if they add Spotpass and Friend Codes too.

Also,if I can't take advantage of a feature which will make my gaming experience better it IS bad. I feel left out.
(17-06-2014 12:28 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Also,if I can't take advantage of a feature which will make my gaming experience better it IS bad. I feel left out.

Wrong. If your internet connection is bad or if you don't have internet at all you'll complain that you can't play battles and that online battles are bad? No, the problem is yours. And onlind battles are a mandatory part of the pokemon experience. Secret bases aren't.

Also, let's specify something. The streetpass feature of the secret bases. Basically, you'll be able to visit a person's secret base and battle him. I can see that working with the friend list too but still streetpass is a must, if that's the case. I'm not that sure about random online people though...
Streetpass was confirmed for Secret Bases as well as QR Codes. To be honest, I'm quite happy. However, I know that many of the people here were not in favor of it. I want to know, now that it's confirmed, if anybody has changed their opinion on it and if so, if they plan to take advantage of it. I certainly know I will.
Secret Bases are a huge feature of OR/AS that everybody wants to enjoy to its fullest. On one hand, I understand and kind of agree with their decision to not make them street pass only so that people in areas where they can't street pass often can also find other bases. It's the safe way in order to avoid complaints from the fanbase. On the other hand though, Nintendo needs to make people change their mentality and start carrying their 3DS daily and making such a feature of a system-seller title work exclusively with street pass would encourage way more people to actually do it. I would be fine with either option to be honest.
Reference URL's