Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Underrated Pokemon and movesets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't see such a thread (at least for GenVI) so I made this one.

On this thread, we can write about underrated Pokemon and/or movesets. So,let's get started:

A Pokemon I used a lot and didn't disappoint me was Furfrou. After I heard a lot about it from Jenni91 on the chatroom, I decided to breed one.

Set I use:

Furfrou @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
-Baby-Doll Eyes
-Cotton Guard
-Toxic
-Return

I use Furfrou as a defense wall. I know, 60 base Defense and you use it as a defense wall? The answer is Fur Coat. Halves damage from physical moves. Cotton Guard is used to max out defense quickly, Baby-Doll Eyes lowers opponent's attack by one stage. Best part? Has +1 priority! Big Grin Toxic is used to lower your opponent's HP quickly, while Return is used as a decent STAB to cut down some HP.

There's no way to restore HP without switching and using Wish, so Leftovers is the best solution. But if you want to counter multi-hit Pokemon (Skill Link users and even Mega Kangaskhan) then Rocky Helmet is your best option, but sacrificing HP restore for it is risky.

As a NU Pokemon according to *cough* Smogon *cough*,you won't see many Furfrous on battles. Same goes for your opponent. Which means it can surprise your opponent and maybe even leave him unprepared.

Be careful for these:

Special attackers: As we said, Furfrou is a defense wall. That decent 90 base Sp.Defense won't save Furfrou from a strong Special Attacker, especially if the Special attacker has access to a Fighting type move (eg: Lucario with Aura Sphere, Alakazam with Focus Blast)

Mixed attackers: Mixed attackers carry two different kind of moves. Physical and Special. So,they will use their special attacks against Furfrou. Unless they don't know the magical powers of Furfrou. Then they will use physical moves. Toungue

Steel types: Immune to Toxic and resist Return. There's not much you can do. Rocky Helmet could work against Steel types but, again, you sacrifice HP restoring

Aegislash: Aegislash is, imo, Furfrou's biggest threat. Immune to BOTH Toxic and Return,you can do nothing to lower his HP even a bit. Also,having access to Sacred Sword means it can KO your Furfrou quickly. At least it got banned by Smogon, which means some people may stop using it.

Critical hits: Once, I lost from a Mega Mawile because of 2 critical hits. If more Pokemon could learn Storm Throw tho... Be careful of Super Luck,high critical hit ratio moves and Razor Claw/Scope Lens

What your team needs along with a Furfrou:
~Pokemon that can take out special and mixed attackers
~A good Fire or Ground type to take out Steel types
~A Pokemon to be used as a Special wall (Goodra is a nice choice but be careful with the small defense)

So,any Pokemon you believe they are worth using even though they are underrated?
I know that Spinda is underrated, but if you can use the move swords dance at least twice, then you can kill everyone Toungue . It needs Adamant Nature and the move close combat to become a very good assasin. I recommened quick claw as an item to hold.
(25-08-2014 08:55 PM)GeorgeT Wrote: [ -> ]I know that Spinda is underrated, but if you can use the move swords dance at least twice, then you can kill everyone Toungue . It needs Adamant Nature and the move close combat to become a very good assasin. I recommened quick claw as an item to hold.

Sounds good! I might use it when I have some time. Then I may make a review (just like I did with Furfrou)

On a side note to everyone: I think people have said it on a different thread,but if you use a Pokemon which is not used and people think it's not good or worthy for a battle,you will surprise your opponent,which means you probably have an important advantage.
So,I decided to use a Barbaracle. I actually have 2 5IVs. One with Tough Claws and one with Sniper. Most people use a Tough Claws Shell Smash one.

Here's what I'm thinking of Sniper

Barbaracle @ Razor Claw/Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
~Stone Edge
~Cross Chop
~Night Slash
~Razor Shell

This set is a critical hit abuser. Toungue
Apart from Razor Shell,everything else has a high critical hit ratio. Along with Razor Claw/Scope Lens,we have the critical stage to +2. According to Bulbapedia,critical stage +2 has a 50% chance of landing a critical hit now in Gen6. The damage of critical hits has dropped from x2 to x1.5 Sniper boosts critical hit damage by x1.5 Which means 1.5*1.5=2.25
Sure it's not the best set (Shell Smash seems better) but it's still good. You might not have the +2 on Attack and Speed,but still. Big Grin This set has potential and also people will be kinda unprepared. If you think you can handle priority users (eg:everything with Mach Punch) then you can change Razor Shell with Shell Smash,but it's risky
(25-08-2014 08:55 PM)GeorgeT Wrote: [ -> ]I know that Spinda is underrated, but if you can use the move swords dance at least twice, then you can kill everyone Toungue . It needs Adamant Nature and the move close combat to become a very good assasin. I recommened quick claw as an item to hold.
Umm....Spinda can't learn Swords Dance or Close Combat......
really? well i saw someone using it on pokemon showdown, i don't know what's going on
(02-09-2014 11:39 AM)GeorgeT Wrote: [ -> ]really? well i saw someone using it on pokemon showdown, i don't know what's going on

IIRC Spinda had a DW exclusive move. It was Superpower. It works well with Contrary,but good luck getting one. Toungue

So,on the chat I saw an interesting moveset for Shuckle,but I doubt it can work.

Shuckle @ Binding Band
Ability: Contrary
EVs: (unknown,but I would use: ) 100 HP / 204 Def /204 SpDef
Ideal IVs: 31/0/31/0/31/31 (or try to have as low Attack and Sp.Attack as possible)
Unknown Nature (probably Bold/Impish/Calm/Careful)
~Power Split
~Shell Smash
~Rest
~Infestation

So,you start using Shell Smash. Normally,it would mean +2 Attack,Sp.Attack,Speed and -1 Def,Sp.Def. But with Contrary it means the opposite! You lower your offensive stats and you raise your defensive ones! But you sacrifice Speed. Then you use Infestation. For 4-5 turns your opponent will lose 1/6 of his health AND he can't escape. Now you use Power Split. Yes,Power Split ignores stat changes,but then again,with Shell Smash you have raised your defense and you can take hits AND you lower your opponent's offensive stats. And from time to time you sacrifice 2 turns to replenish health.

I think it is a good set but I still doubt it will work. I'll definitely test it.

EDIT: It can possibly work with less than 31 IVs on Speed. Which means a 3IV Shuckle can do good job too,surprisingly. Which makes it the easiest Pokemon to breed.
Diggersby @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Attack 252 Speed or 252 HP 252 Attack
Adamant Nature
~Stone Edge
~Giga Impact
~Double Kick/Brick Break /Bulk Up (Life Orb Only)
~Earthquake

Huge Power doubles the Attack stat and the Life Orb furthers the increase by 30% although you do sacrifice 10% HP every turn. This is furthered by a +1 Attack, +1 Defense from Bulk Up. Combine this with Giga Impact and you're pretty much guaranteed a 1HKO.

If you decide to go the Choice Band route, you don't sacrifice HP, yet you are only allowed to use 1 move. However, you do get an increase of 50% for Attack.
1)Return over Giga Impact. Giga Impact wastes a turn which can be crucial.

2)Not really underrated imo. #77 on usage in Pokemon Showdown (http://sweepercalc.com/stats/) which means it's above Milotic,Hydreigon and Lucario. BL on Smogon,which means too strong for UU (Underused) but not used enough for OU (Overused),so it's banned from UU or lower. It's just my opinion,so don't delete your post. It's still an interesting moveset. Big Grin
rattata 1 lvl with focus sash. they will hit you but you will stay with 1 point. After thaat you will use endeavor and then quick attack. the best technique Big Grin
(08-09-2014 08:46 PM)GeorgeT Wrote: [ -> ]rattata 1 lvl with focus sash. they will hit you but you will stay with 1 point. After thaat you will use endeavor and then quick attack. the best technique Big Grin

Best FEAR tactic I've ever seen was Aron in a Sandstorm holding Shell Bell

You set up sandstorm (T-Tar/Hippowdon),then you bring Aron,then opponent attacks and you use Endeavor.
If the opponent is not Ground/Rock/Steel,he faints (while you have replenished health with Shell Bell.

That worked nice in Gen5 (weather forever) but in Gen6 it's kinda hard. Yet it can still be used to kill 2-3 mons.
i used it once to marshal in white (aaron trick Toungue)
Reference URL's