Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Dual type teams (idea for a new battle style)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody!

Everyone knows what a mono-type team is,right? It's a team made of 6 Pokemon from the same type (eg: Politoed,Kingdra,Ludicolo,Azumarill,Rotom-W,Mega Blastoise make a mono-Water type team). Some people call them gym teams,since Gym Leaders use Pokemon from only one type. But what about making a team based on 2 types?

My idea is that we could make a new battle style. We know the mono-types,but we can make dual-type! You make a team based on 2 types with some rules of course. The rules I've been thinking of are:
~The team must be based on 2 types. You must have at least 2 Pokemon from each type (eg: on a Fire/Water team you can have 3/3 or 2/4 or 4/2 but not 5/1 or 1/5)
~You can use Pokemon with 2 types,but you can't have 2 Pokemon with the same type (eg:on a Fire/Water team you can't have both Charizard and Pelliper because you will have 2 Pokemon from the Flying type)
~Protean is allowed,but Greninja counts as Water/Dark and Kecleon as Normal. (eg: on a Fire/Water team again,Greninja is allowed as a half Water mon. It's allowed to change its type with Protean)
~Mega Evolutions with different types are allowed,but you are forced to Mega Evolve (eg:on a Water/Dragon team you can use Mega Charizard X as a half Dragon type,but you have to mega evolve it,which means you can't use any other mega). This rule applies to: Mega Charizard X,Mega Pinsir,Mega Gyarados,Mega Mewtwo X,Mega Ampharos
~Mega Aggron can't be used in a half Rock team unless the team is Steel/Rock
~Castform can be used as a Fire/Water/Ice type in a Sun/Rain/Hail team if the team contains at least 1 Pokemon which has Drought/Drizzle/Snow Warning respectively

Here's an example of a Fire/Grass team:

Ninetales,Lilligant,Mega Houndoom,Sawsbuck,Ludicolo,Castform

Not the best team,I have to admit,but we have Ninetales (Drought),Lilligant (Chlorophyll abuser),Mega Houndoom,(Solar Power abuser),Sawsbuck (physical Chlorophyll abuser),Ludicolo (rain counter) and Castform (counts as a Fire type because of Ninetales' Drought).

So,what do you think of the Dual type team? If you have any questions,post them and I will answer.
Reference URL's