Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: The "Catch All The Legendaries In Pokeballs" Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody!

You have probably heard of people who are trying to get their legendaries in Poke Balls so the game is more challenging. But,personally,I never understood why Pokeballs,when there are many Pokeball kinds we can use with a capture rate of 1x (like Standard Pokeball). You may ask why I randomly decided to make such a thread now.The reason is the amount of legendaries in Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire,which makes them good for that challenge.

Anyway,let's get started:

Other Pokeballs you can (and should) use are:

Premier Ball:
I don't know if you can buy them in OR/AS,but in X/Y you can. They have the price of a standard Poke Ball and they look better than the standard ones :3

Luxury Ball:
Maybe the most useful Pokeball. Catch rate is 1x like the standard Poke Ball,but if you manage to catch the Pokemon,its friendship rate will rise quickly.And they have a classy look which is perfect for legendaries. But it costs as much as 5 Poke Balls

Quick Ball:
You may wonder why I'm adding this,since it has a 5x rate in the 1st turn. Well,as I said,in the FIRST turn. After that,it will be 1x. So,just use them after the 1st turn. Simple. And they have a decent look. Toungue

Repeat Ball:
You probably haven't got the legends as "caught" in your Pokedex. So,you can use them for an alternate 1x capture rate.

Dusk Ball:
Most legendaries are in caves,so if you find any that they aren't just use them (but not in the night Toungue)

Heal Ball:
The 2nd cheapest solution. You catch the Pokemon with a girly Poke Ball AND use it right away (since it will be fully healed)

So,what are your thoughts on this famous challenge and my Pokeball suggestions?
I would do the Premier Ball Challenge but it's a pain to buy them since you only get 1 for every 10 Pokeballs you catch. I think I'll do the Luxury Ball Challenge once I find where you can buy Luxury Balls. Apparently you can buy them in Verdanturf Town. I did the Pokeball challenge back in LeafGreen many years ago. I succeeded in catching every Pokemon with Pokeballs. I'm sure I'll succeed again.
I have used only pokeballs on avery single pokemon in Black2 and X.Only exceptions are Xerneas were I used my masterball and Pidgey which I caught with a Premier Ball because it was the first Pokemon I encountered in the Kalos region.
(23-11-2014 12:25 AM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]I would do the Premier Ball Challenge but it's a pain to buy them since you only get 1 for every 10 Pokeballs you catch. I think I'll do the Luxury Ball Challenge once I find where you can buy Luxury Balls. Apparently you can buy them in Verdanturf Town. I did the Pokeball challenge back in LeafGreen many years ago. I succeeded in catching every Pokemon with Pokeballs. I'm sure I'll succeed again.

Wait a sec! Can't you buy Premier Balls in OR/AS? I thought they would add a shop similar to the Pokeball shop in Lumiose City in X/Y.

@tzanakos Congrats! Big Grin Besides,in X/Y you have to catch the legendary to proceed,iirc. So,it doesn't really matter that you caught it with the Master Ball (although I managed to keep my Master Ball for Mewtwo :3)
It's not like I couldnt catch Xerneas I just wanted to get it over with and threw my MasterBall.Anyway I forgot to say that I find this challenge rather interesting but I dont know if I'm going to do the same with my OR since there are tons of legendaries that I plan to SR to get good IVs so it take much more time using regular Poke Balls.
i plan on doing the pokeball challenge but ill be only using luxury balls
I plan to do the Peke Challenge and capture them one year later. Toungue
I've caught 19 Legendaries in Luxary Balls so far. Due to a glitch, I can't get Uxie or Dialga yet (Dialga/Palkia requires all three of the Lake Trio for it to be unlocked) I'll have to download the patch that came out, hopefully it'll fix the problem. Other than Kyogre, all the other legendaries have been fairly easy to catch with Luxary Balls. I caught Rayquaza with the very first Luxary Ball I threw.

Also Hachi, there isn't a Pokeball shop in ORAS. I've checked everywhere for one. The most obvious place would've been Mauville City (since it's the largest city) and there wasn't one there.
Well...I've caught every legendary I can in Alpha Sapphire without having the exclusives from Omega Ruby in Luxary Balls. I'm sad now......my Luxary Ball Challenge is over for now ;(
Reference URL's