Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: The Playboy: An OR/AS Singles team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody! You might have seen my previous (failed) RMT thread from last year but now I decided to try making an actual good team for OR/AS singles (6v6)
Any suggestions/changes are appreciated!

Hugh Hefner (Lopunny) (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fake Out

This is the mon I want to make a team around of. Lopunny got an interesting mega in OR/AS so I decided to give it a try. Hi Jump Kick is my main STAB,which is now a bit more reliable thanks to Scrappy,Ice Punch and Thunder Punch for coverage (pseudo BoltBeam) and Fake Out is obviously for the first turn only.

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

While checking Mega Lopunny,I realised it has a 2x weakness to Fight. Gengar seems a nice solution for such threats. Sludge Bomb+Shadow Ball for STAB,Thunderbolt for Flying and Water types and Dazzling Gleam against Fighting,Dark and Dragon types. Focus Sash guarantees me I hit at least once unless I get flinched.

Electron (Jolteon) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam

Mega Lopunny also has a weakness to Flying types. And no matter how fast you are,Talonflame and its +1 priority Brave Bird is always a threat.
The following calculations are on lv50
252+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 174-206 (124.2 - 147.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Adamant Talonflame+no item)
252 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 158-188 (112.8 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Jolly Talonflame+no item,which is rare)
And I can't hit back much anyway.
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 116-138 (75.8 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So,there goes Jolteon
252 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jolteon: 56-66 (40 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Talonflame: 186-218 (121.5 - 142.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

KawaiiStalin (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower

Gengar is weak to Dark (along with Ghost,but Lopunny is immune to Ghost). Clefable works here as a mixed-to-special wall (what I mean: it's a mixed wall,but with Calm Mind it becomes a special wall). Its purpose is mostly to wall Dragon,Dark and Fighting types (mostly Dark and Dragon). Magic Guard gives it an immunity to a variety of damages,such as poison,burn or hazards. Moonblast is a good STAB,Flamethrower for some coverage and Moonlight for HP restoring.

GiveUpDaFunk (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Psyshock

Slowbro has 2 roles: 1)tricking my opponent about my mega 2)being a great Defense wall. Idk if I have to explain something else here. xD

As for my last slot,I have 2 options. I'm open to suggestions here.
I'm thinking of a physical Dark type and so far my options are Bisharp and Greninja. I know they're so different tho Toungue

Bisharp (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

4x weak to Fight,I know,but I have mons that can switch into it Toungue
SD for Attack boost,Iron Head and Knock Off for STAB,while Knock Off can also be helpful with opponent items and Sucker Punch for some priority (if predicted correctly).

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak/Night Slash
- Waterfall/Ice Punch/Low Kick
- U-turn/Ice Punch
- Gunk Shot

The frog that fits in most teams is here to wreck people!
Most likely I'll use Night Slash,Low Kick,Ice Punch and Gunk Shot if I use it and item being Life Orb (but Specs is not a bad option).

So,what do you think? Of course it has some flaws,but I'm open to suggestions,as I said. But I'm not changing Mega Lopunny Toungue
I'm definitely no expert, especially in Gen 6 singles, but let me point some things out hoping I can help.

A question first, have you tested this team or is it just theorycrafting? If so, how did it go?

Anyway, more specifically.

The team seems to be a bit lacking as far as bulk is concerned. 4 of the 6 Pokemon take quite a lot of damage from pretty much any strong neutral move I think. So you have to be really careful when switching. Another problem is that you have 2 Focus Sashes. I know that SR is not as common as it used to be a few years ago, and that weather is no longer permanent, but it still seems quite dangerous to me, especially without a way to remove potential hazards.

Also although you have Gengar and Slowbro, a substantial part of your team is weak to fighting type moves so this can probably be an issue.

Moving on to specific Pokemon:

1) Lopunny: Not a big fan of this Pokemon tbh, but if it works it works. Why Klutz instead of some of its other abilities? Not a big deal of course, but Klutz seems to be the most useless of the 3 when holding a mega stone.

2) Gengar: Gengar has got some other options in its movepool like Destiny Bond, Will-o-Wisp, Taunt etc. Maybe some of them could be helpful? Is its damage good enough when it's Timid and without a LO? I don't think for example that Dazzling Gleam would do great damage when unboosted even if super effective, but maybe I am just underestimating it.

3) Jolteon: I don't really like it to be honest. It probably does even less damage compared to Gengar with its coverage moves, and its movepool is really shallow. Also since you posted the damage calculations:

252 Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jolteon: 71-86 (50.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Why did you calculate this without an item on Talonflame?
And this with Jolly, meaning you can't even switch in.

4) Clefable is pretty standard so no comments.

5) Bisharp: Not sure how useful Swords Dance can be due to its quite low speed and defences, but doesn't really have that many other options.

6)Greninja: Have you tried a special set? You lose out on Gunk shot to deal with fairy types and Low kick, but its special attack and its special moves have some more power. Otherwise pretty standard with great coverage.

Anyway nothing really to propose since I don't know what meta you play in and I don't really have the required experience in Gen 6 like I said, so just take all of this as some food for thought.
(22-01-2015 08:08 PM)GeorgeSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm definitely no expert, especially in Gen 6 singles, but let me point some things out hoping I can help.

A question first, have you tested this team or is it just theorycrafting? If so, how did it go?

Anyway, more specifically.

The team seems to be a bit lacking as far as bulk is concerned. 4 of the 6 Pokemon take quite a lot of damage from pretty much any strong neutral move I think. So you have to be really careful when switching. Another problem is that you have 2 Focus Sashes. I know that SR is not as common as it used to be a few years ago, and that weather is no longer permanent, but it still seems quite dangerous to me, especially without a way to remove potential hazards.

Also although you have Gengar and Slowbro, a substantial part of your team is weak to fighting type moves so this can probably be an issue.

Moving on to specific Pokemon:

1) Lopunny: Not a big fan of this Pokemon tbh, but if it works it works. Why Klutz instead of some of its other abilities? Not a big deal of course, but Klutz seems to be the most useless of the 3 when holding a mega stone.

2) Gengar: Gengar has got some other options in its movepool like Destiny Bond, Will-o-Wisp, Taunt etc. Maybe some of them could be helpful? Is its damage good enough when it's Timid and without a LO? I don't think for example that Dazzling Gleam would do great damage when unboosted even if super effective, but maybe I am just underestimating it.

3) Jolteon: I don't really like it to be honest. It probably does even less damage compared to Gengar with its coverage moves, and its movepool is really shallow. Also since you posted the damage calculations:

252 Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jolteon: 71-86 (50.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Why did you calculate this without an item on Talonflame?
And this with Jolly, meaning you can't even switch in.

4) Clefable is pretty standard so no comments.

5) Bisharp: Not sure how useful Swords Dance can be due to its quite low speed and defences, but doesn't really have that many other options.

6)Greninja: Have you tried a special set? You lose out on Gunk shot to deal with fairy types and Low kick, but its special attack and its special moves have some more power. Otherwise pretty standard with great coverage.

Anyway nothing really to propose since I don't know what meta you play in and I don't really have the required experience in Gen 6 like I said, so just take all of this as some food for thought.

So far I haven't tested it. As I said,of course there will be some flaws.

1)Lopunny doesn't need any ability when it goes,actually. Klutz doesn't prevent using a mega stone. But it's a good option because of Pokemon with Trace (eg: Gardevoir)

2)Tbh I'm not a fan of such movesets in Gengar,but I might try a defensive one.

3)Yeah,it was my mistake not calculating Jolteon VS Talonflame with items Toungue

4)Don't forget Clefable is also a pure Fairy type since Gen6

5)I have never used a Bisharp before,so idk much about it.

6)I actually have a special Greninja,but then again I'd be limited to only one physical attacker and idk if it will be good. Chansey is a thing,you know Toungue

7)I guess Slowbro is OK then?

The only reason I don't play Smogon is that I don't like many of their bans,so I mostly play without powerful legendaries against people from the chat. But now that I'm thinking,I'll go for Smogon OU,even though this means no Greninja Sad
So,I'm keeping Lopunny,Slowbro and Clefable in my team and now I have to think of the other 3 members.
All 3 Pokemon are in OU,btw. (you might find it weird for Clefable,but it's true Toungue)

I was thinking of a few (bulky) Pokemon that I could use,which I've used in the past and they worked.
Mamoswine (Click to View)
Talonflame (Click to View)

Opinions? (The Pokemon I mentioned are just some ideas I have)
Reference URL's