Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Nintendo's 'Creators Program' - A Slap in the Face to Gamers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I was reading my Facebook newsfeed when I saw this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/youtub...0?cmp=fbtl

cbc Wrote:YouTubers can apply to the Nintendo Creators Program and if an approved channel's video contains footage from a list of approved games, the revenue is split between the two parties – 40 per cent for Nintendo and 60 per cent for the creator.

Ok, I literally laughed!

Then I saw this:

cbc Wrote:If Nintendo chooses not to approve a video, then it can claim 100 per cent of the ad revenue, as it attempted to do in 2013. So far, it's not clear why some videos are approved and some are not.

Bravo Nintendo, bravo.

Read the whole article in order to have a clear view of what's happening.
Oh you little shtty company. :3 Do you see now why Sony is quality and Nintendo is thrash? I so wish Sony made Pokemon. :C

Edit: Ok, this video is better at explaining things to Nintendo than any article out there. If some Nintendo no-lifer fanboy disagrees, I'll shove it up their a.....rm. It makes you wonder how their business is doing if they feel they need to cash in on their customer's love and appreciation of their products. It's a shame really.

I was thinking about buying a new 3DS game, but I'm so not going to do so. In fact, I'll even tell my gf not to buy the 3DS. Of course, I won't use the word 'Nintendo' as someone might come to my house and request some money.

Sigh... Ruinous economic policy once again rears its ugly head. In a bid to get a few bucks, Nintendo is tarnishing their most important asset: Their reputation. This move will be seen as stealing money from LPers, and Nintendo's popularity will wane. LPers will stop posting videos of Nintendo content, and people will stop buying their games. Nintendo is already looked down on by Sony and Microsoft fans; if this keeps up, they will be downright hated. They could be the new EA. And all for a small short-term cash boost.

*****ng Nintendo, man.
Nice to see someone in here who's "angry" with all this and actually posts and states his opinion. Toungue
I'm not angry with Nintendo's decision, I'm just highly disappointed, because the Creator's Program is self-destructive for everyone involved. I thought these people had learned the value of the Let's Play community, but instead, they've created a lose-lose situation.
People will move to another video hosting website Toungue
Reference URL's