Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: "Nintendo’s next console will have Android-based OS"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
arstechnica Wrote:Thus far, Nintendo has had little to say about its upcoming Nintendo NX console, save that it exists and that it is a "new hardware system with a brand-new concept." Now, anonymous reports are starting to filter through to fill in that dearth of information, with Japanese business wire service Nikkei reporting that the console will be based on the Android operating system.

According to translations provided by Kotaku and a NeoGAF user, Nikkei cites an unnamed "insider" who says the NX "operating system is loaded with Android." The intent, the insider says, is to make the NX a more open platform that allows for easier ports from third-party developers, who have largely abandoned the Wii U for other consoles this generation. An Android-based system would also allow NX games to move easily to mobile devices, the source said, a move that would gel with Nintendo's recently announced plans to make mobile games in conjunction with DeNA.

If true, the use of Android underpinnings doesn't really tell us much about the specific form the Nintendo NX will take. Though the OS is most known for its use in mobile phones, Android has appeared in everything from point-and-shoot cameras to refrigerators. And let's not forget that Nintendo initially sold the Wii U as a system that would allow feature lots of third-party developer support and games easily ported from other high-end systems.

Still, using an open OS that's already familiar to thousands of developers would be a big change for a company that has tended towards an insular focus on its own highly customized hardware and first-party software development. It's just a rumor for now, but it's the kind that would justify Nintendo's talk of a "brand-new concept" for its next stab at console hardware.

Original article
That'd be quite a sane decision after the deal with DeNA about Nintendo's IPs on mobiles.
It also make sense in how they denied that this Next will replace neither 3DS nor WiiU.
I'd really love to see a portable → home system, making use of something like ChromeCast Smile
How do i root my nintendo console? I want to load a custom ROM Toungue
wow , i was rather uninformed about Nintendo's news , but is still have faith as a proud fanboy , that Nintendo will turn things up and return on its golden days. Smile
Hope this OS and the new console can bring this change ~!
Reference URL's