Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Digimon vs Pokemon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You wanna know which came first of digimon or Pokemon? Here's the scoop.

Before "Pokemon" in 1995, the name was "Pocket Monsters" before ever existed, Satoshi Tajiri's original idea was called "Capsule Monsters"His original idea was apparently turned down because the title "Capsule Monsters" sounded too similar to Gashapon, a Japanese brand of capsule toys. Therefore, Tajiri changed the name to Pocket Monsters.
Created by Satoshi Tajiri in February 1995, this Japanese phenomenon is globally popular. Also known outside Asia as Pokémon. There are 388 species currently known as of 2005. And there are currently 8 movies, 22 Hosou specials and over 400 episodes of the Pokémon anime aired.
Any who, Pokemon was and is indeed was before digimon, but before Satoshi could even make no copy writes so it wouldn't be stolen,
Digimon (デジモン Dejimon, branded as Digimon: Digital Monsters, stylized as DIGIMON), short for "Digital Monsters" (デジタルモンスター Dejitaru Monsutā), is a Japanese media franchise encompassing virtual pet toys, anime, manga, video games, films and a trading card game. The franchise focuses on Digimon creatures, which are monsters living in a "Digital World", a parallel universe that originated from Earth's various communication networks. In many incarnations, Digimon are raised by humans called "Digidestined" or "Tamers", and they team up to defeat evil Digimon and human villains who are trying to destroy the fabric of the Digital world.

The franchise was first created in 1997 by Akiyoshi Hongo as a series of virtual pets, akin to—and influenced in style by—the contemporary Tamagotchi or nano Giga Pet toys. The creatures were first designed to look cute and iconic even on the devices' small screens; later developments had them created with a harder-edged style influenced by American comics. The franchise gained momentum with its first anime incarnation, Digimon Adventure, and an early video game, Digimon World, both released in 1999. Several seasons of the anime and films based on them have aired, and the video game series has expanded into genres such as role-playing, racing, fighting, and MMORPGs. Other media forms have also been released.
But what wasn't very known, and 40% of the population of the us vs Japan didn't know that Akiyoshi Hongo stole the idea of 'capsule monsters' before Satoshi Tajiri's could even make copy wrights, so Akiyoshi wasn't able to be sued.

There for Pokemon was around over 30 years before digimon was ever created, but my own opinion is that I still like Pokemon and Digimon the same, but I like digimon better, because there's all kinds of digital monsters in all shapes and sizes.
You try to put the biggest Pokemon against the biggest digimon against each other and see who'll win, because I'd vote for the digimon because of several reasons.

Reason1; Unlike Pokemon, digimon can digivolve into multiple forms, from a egg, rookie, champian, ultimate, mega and also fusion, but although, if they get too tired out, they change back to rookie rank, and in Pokemon, once evolved, there's no going back, unless you catch another lol.

Reason2; Also unlike Pokemon, all digimon can talk, other then most Pokemon can, and as of the world of Pokemon, there's only one world where Pokemon and humans raise together, when there's two different worlds, earth and the parallel world called the digital world where neither worlds did not know of each other until several ordinary children stumbled across a portal and appeared within the digital world where danger hides in ever corner, but also that they was destined for greatness and also made digimon friends who'd be with them forever, unlike Pokemon, 'oh no there's a Pokemon trying to hurt me! But wait, I'll catch it so I'll have a new friend that I can't even understand yay!! But when a digimon attacks, it won't just hurt you, it'll probably step on you or eat you, or even carry you away and savor you as a digi snack lol.
My point is, Pokemon may been out longer then digimon, but that doesn't change the fact that digimon out class Pokemon in every way, at every given moment period, and as of copy wrights, I'm actually sure glad that happened, because if it wasn't for digimon, all of the Pokemon series would be the same, catching Pokemon, training them, evolving them, battling criminals like the team rocket, or any other villains, there's not one villain Pokemon, Pokemon are like dogs, they are misunderstood, and there's no bad dog, only a bad owner, while within the digital world, there's countless of evil digimon that you may or may not encounter, and as of my comment about a giant Pokemon vs a giant digimon, it all depends on what they are, because with digimon, there's no idioticly dumb mind that only rely on survival instincts, not saying all Pokemon or like that, take magicarp for an example, he/she doesn't do much but flop around, luckily they can breathe air, or take kyouger or groundon for example, excuse me if there's a miss spelling, I'm not re typing lol, but anyway, they aren't very intelligent when it comes to a agreement on peace or reason, they'll just go at each others throats and end up destroying the world, aaaand then there's no world for Pokemon and human alike after that lol. Then there's giant digimon, at least they know when to give up if things go south for them, and hence the idea of Pokemon vs digimon, digimon would beat Pokemon any time.
Before any of you start hating, look at it this way, if a first evolution Pokemon went against a rookie, somewhere in the middle of the fight, a Pokemon could evolve stronger against the rookie, either by itself, or from a evolution stone, but with a digimon, the rookie can digivolve into any number of forms at any given moment, and the results would be as a example for evolution vs digievolution

"Charmander vs agumon"
"1st evolution vs rookie"

"Charmilion vs greymon"
"2nd evolution vs champion"
But the problem is, charmilion wouldn't stand a chance so he'll need to evolve into charizard to stand a chance, but then.

"Greymon vs charizard"
Wouldn't that be a even match? Yes, but then.

Mega evolution

"Mega charizard vs war greymon"
Now, I can't really say much about that, but if anyone wanna see a fight between the two, go on YouTube and search for death battle and just look around, you'll be able to find and see the match you'll see lol.
But anyway, if you need any info of whatever, I'm the guy to go too, because Ik a lot about 'A lot' of stuff lol.
some years ago I would say easily pokemon, but now the've turned them into worst monsters than even the digital monsters. at east digimon have an awesome anime right now.
Ikr? But even if you would compare old school Pokemon against old school digimon, digimon would still win, why you may ask? Well unlike Pokemon, digimon comes in all shape and sizes, yeah Pokemon can too, but try to put against a legendary Pokemon groundon vs a mega digimon that would be way bigger, which there are bigger digimon then Pokemon. On the side note, if you compare the evolutions of both animes, when a Pokemon evolve, that's it, once evolved, can't unevolve back, and that's into certain evolutions, almost 30% of the entire Pokemon generations from 1st season to the last of 2016, there are only a certain number of Pokemon that can evolve more then 3xs to the maximum number of at least 5.
Take evee for an example, there is in total of 9 forms, that's including the 3 newer forms of grass, ice and fairy types etc. When with digimon, there's training l, training ll, rookie, champion, ultimate and mega, and especially armor, fusion and ahhhh forgot the name of the type of digivolve with both digimon and human combined as suits, been awhile since I seen any digimon.
But all in all, any digimon would be able to defeat any Pokemon, if no one thing is so, well hate to break it to any hard core Pokemon fans, but Pokemon is not known to kill each other, only knock each other out, while with digimon, they are known to kill, even eat each other.
You never see a wild Pokemon eat a person that is trying to catch'em all lol. While a digimon could either kill, eat, or stomp a mud hole so wide, a army of doctors cannot fix your ass lol. So that concludes my theoryz any rejections? If so you probably gotta be a complete newb, and nowhere near old school knowledge to argue with what facts that I layed out that is so obvious.
Oh and btw, the whole entire series of Pokemon has the same old plot, become a champion, catch all the Pokemon, be nice to everyone, even team rocket, the classical villains would be a nice bunch that would help out, while the digimon universe has a darker twisted plots of either destroying the human world, or the digital world with villains, not just, in Pokemon, their are only human villains, where's the gang of Pokemon at? Nowhere to be found, while there is evil digimon trying to rule and raise armies, yatta yatta yatta, any who, I think I made a point that digimon is waaaaay more better then some Pokemon, if I was Pokemon, I'd keep hiding in my personal master ball lmfao.
Reference URL's