Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: The Legendary Pokémon Community: a reboot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This community started in 2002, but since the forums rebooted in 2005 until 2016, over 598 Pokémon fans wrote 99,341 posts in 2,085 threads, in both English and Greek, and made friendships that stand strong up to this day.

August 12th, 2016 will be the last day any new posts will be made in the Legendary Pokémon Forums as we transition to a new era. The main website will be rebooted as well and our community may move towards our social media, our Discord server and IRC channel. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for further updates!

These forums will be archived for posterity and remain to be public. However this archive will not include your user page or private messages. Therefore no personal information other than your username will be available in the archive. If you'd prefer to have your username removed as well, then send us an email at [email protected]

P.S.: We're looking for a solution to allow each user to archive their own posts and private messages, but our resources are very limited on the matter.

You may go on and use this thread to say your farewells, until we shortly meet again on Discord and IRC!
Oh well this has been coming for years. Should we expect the new site tomorrow? Or will it follow later?

Anyway goodbye everybody.
@GeorgeSlayer The process for the main site is ongoing. August 22nd is the most likely date.
Oh well, everything must come to an end someday.
Goodbye everyone.

ConfusedUndecidedScenicSadSadSadSad
I don't want this place to close Sad
so many memories.....
so many friendships in so many years.....
so many people....
so many hours spent here.....
so many friendships with people that are not here anymore....
so many LP friends on facebook....
Panos(Master Chef), Giannis, Alex, Espeon Rene and many more...
and of course Peke, NM2, Celesi and others Toungue
This place is not just another forum for me, that's my home and people here are my family even if we tease each other sometimes Toungue
I've been here for 7 years. That's not easy for me. Right at this very moment, everything I've lived in this place passes in front of my eyes like a sad movie with an even more sad music Sad
I remember... it was Easter 2009 when I heard about the 1st greek pokemon tournament happening. I decided to participate in it, I was so excited for it to start, I didn't care if I'd win or lose. The whole wifi thing was new to me at that time and having the opportunity to play against other greek people was truly amazing. So, the tournament started and there were either 30 or 62 participants ( I think we were 30 in total) so 2 people had to pass to the next round without a battle. I was one of them. The other one was a girl with a cute cat avatar and the ability to draw some really cool stuff. I had to talk to her, I had to know who the other lucky girl was and compliment her on that cute avatar picture. And that's what I did. That was the day I met Celesi and the "beginning" of me learning about this place later on. So, to speed this uncomfortably sad for me and dramatic for you narration, after the tournament ended with GeorgeSlayer coming in 2nd place (Jynx, dude? You brought Nicki Minaj to the tournament? Toungue) , this cycle had now ended for me. So, one day, a couple of days before the tournament ended, while I was browsing the SPP forums, I accidentally noticed that girl was on those forums too. I clicked on her profile and noticed that it was her birthday in a couple of days and there was also a link to this site. And that's when I decided to join the club only to meet this girl another time. I don't remember if I had sent her a pm on SPP, I probably didn't. That was a rather cold place for me to do anything other than find someone to battle or trade my pokemon. So, I came here and everyone welcomed me. Everyone was so nice to me. Back then I only had a PSP which had no greek letters that I was using for everything and I had to type in greeklish in greek areas of the LP forums which caused me to break a rule. But everyone was so nice that didn't care at all about it after I explained the problem to them. Arty2 even made a button that turned greeklish to greek (I don't remember if you did it for me exclusively but thank you Smile) but I couldn't use it on my PSP. Everyone, and I mean everyone was so nice that made me want to come again and again. And thus I became a part of it. This place is and will forever be part of my life!
And that's my story... That's how I ended up here. I wanted to share this story with my friends here and I believe my last post is the perfect time and place to do it.

Thank you Arty2! Thank you everyone! Thank you Legendary Pokemon forums! I'll never forget you!
I joined near the end of 2012.
Met new people and made new friends.

Unfortunately i haven't seen the forum/website in his glory but i hope that it'll change in a good way.
Who knows, maybe in the future the forums will open/be accessible once again.
Well this is... emotional, to say the least.
I remember Arty2 working on this site ever since we were both kids. It's been a part of my childhood, hell I basically grew up with both Pokemon and this community here (and the people I met through it), they've all been a pretty big part of my life (even if I haven't been active for the last few years).
Some of the people here ended up being some of my greatest friends (both online and subsequently irl) and I'll always be grateful for that Smile
Plus drawing Pokemon here is what gave me the final push to decide art is something I want to do professionally, heh.
So many great memories, it's been a great ride and LP will always hold a special place in my heart.

It was nice to meet you all, may we meet in other places of the internet!
(12-08-2016 11:53 PM)Celesi Wrote: [ -> ]It was nice to meet you all, may we meet in other places of the internet!

Not in a dark and shady corner of the internet i hope. Toungue
(12-08-2016 11:53 PM)Celesi Wrote: [ -> ]It was nice to meet you all, may we meet in other places of the internet!

Such as the Discord chat? Toungue
RIGHT_IN_THE_FEELINGS.jpg

[Image: FOWhB9a.jpg]
Whoa, guys...

I don't know if you still remember me, Aluado, the Brazilian grass pokémon fan, who also liked double battles. I've been absent for so long...

I joined this forum many years ago (2006, I guess?), and had a wonderful time battling, chatting, coming up with some stupid paper-and-pen-games-in-a-computer games, writing my fanfic (which was much more popular than I expected lol)...

But life goes on. I couldn't keep active here because of work, studies, family, etc. But I'll always treasure the nice moments I had here.

Thanks, Arty2, Eraleas, Treecko, Maria/Charizard, Jim Link, Umbreon, and everyone else who were an important part of these forums. Please, look for me on facebook, so can keep in touch: https://www.facebook.com/luiz.a.bezerra.1

Until we meet again... Farewell... and thanks!
It's been a long time since I last wrote here and this will be my final post. I am still a big Pokemon fan and I am still here for Legendarypokemon. This community had a big impact on me and through it, I made some very important friends. Now that Pokemon are back to the spotlight let's wish Legendarypokemon a nice comeback. Goodbye everyone and see you soon.
It's been six years now since I became a member of the forums(how fast years are passing by...) and although I haven't been the most active user throughout the years,I am sad to see the forums close Sad .To be honest,I don't like the fact that social media are replacing the forums but I guess I am a part of a minority.However,it's obvious that the forums were dead for quite a while and that this is the perfect time for a change.This is my last post in the forums,so I wish you all the best and I hope that this reboot can help the community regain some activity Smile
It was fun while it lasted, at least the site adapts to the social media and moves on. Hopefully, it'll manage to regain its activity and gain new followers on its new format. Smile
Reference URL's