Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Save The Planet...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know that this hasnt got any belonging here, but i want (and MUST) share it with someone...So here you go...:
As a lot of you may already know, planet earth is in a very serious trouble...Nuclear factories, climate changing, planet is gonna crazy...
Here are some very bad facts about our planet...:
**More than 1,000,000,000 (one billion) trees are used to make disposable diapers every year.
**About 80% of our trash goes to landfills, 10% is incinerated, and 10% is recycled.
**If you throw away 2 aluminum cans, you waste more energy than 1,000,000,000 (one billion) of the world's poorest people use a day.

and many more...
Wanna change it? The do this 26 things you can do to help:
# Turn off lights.
# Turn off other electric things, like TVs, stereos, and radios when not in use.
# Use rechargable batteries.
# Do things manually instead of electrically, like open cans by hand.
# Use fans instead of air conditioners.
# In winter, wear a sweater instead of turning up your thermostat.
# Insulate your home so you won't be cold in winter.
# Use less hot water.
# Whenever possible, use a bus or subway, or ride your bike or walk.
# Try to buy organic fruits and vegetables if you're concerned about pesticides. (Organic food is grown without man-made fertilizers and/or pesticides).
# Don't waste products made from forest materials.
# Use recycled paper and/or recycle it. Reuse old papers.
# Don't buy products that may have been made at the expense of the rainforest.
# Support products that are harvested from the rainforest but have not cut down trees to get it.
# Plant trees, espessially if you have cut one down.
# Get other people to help you in your cause. Make and/or join an organization.
# Avoid products that are used once, then thrown away.
# Buy products with little or no packaging.
# Encourage your grocery store sell environmentally friendly cloth bags for people to use when they shop, or bring your own.
# REDUCE, REUSE, & RECYCLE.
# Compost.
# Buy recycled products.
# Don't buy pets taken from the wild.
# If you have a good zoo nearby, (if the animals are healthy and the zoo takes care of them), support it! Espessially if they help breed endangered animals.
(written by Lucario(me)
. Sources: http://www.savetheplanet.com, http://www.saveourearth.com,www.weareindanger.com, and other sites.
So, what do you say?
i say that i need to use energy to live
Υes. We all need. I didnt say that u arent allowed to use energz. But dont use more energz than its neeeded to.
this is a concern to many people, but they just act like global warming isnt doing anything, and wont ever do anything. im pretty sure no one wants to go outside, having to wear a space suit b/c the ozone layer has deteriorated from pollution. scientist say irreverable consequences are 30 years away. if the people of earth would just ride bikes, the earth would be alot better just from that. but there is nuclear plants and stuff. but ppl should use solar power instead. that would make the need of power plants more insignificant. but, its not like anyones going to make this happen. the people of earth are TOO LAZY! and evenmore are the ppl of the united states. did you all know the u.s. accounts for 25% of the worlds pollution? true. not w/ canada or mexico, just the U.S. thats why we are also the fattest nation...
but besides being fat, we arn't even the largest country, but we make more pollution than all of africa. oh, and just wondering, how many of yall keep your chargers plugged up when not in use?
do you know that if you make one more post ull be satan?look at your post meter
Save the Planet
Planet Rulez! Yo!
i own a planet
yeah and I am gonna conquer the universe with the power of your SPAM Sad
i would bother spamming but i would be banned and i want to be a member of this awesome forum.anyway.lucario is right and you cannot conquer the universe with the power of my spam.no way im gonna give it to you
good job lucario . i can write some other things ( at greek cause i dont know how to translate some of them) but not now i will edite this post after my lesson cya
I think we have driven Earth to a point thak we cannot turn back.
We're all gonna die!
yes...eventaully we are, we're just overusing everything. we've got to stop this... there has to be a way!
My friend had made a poem for lang. arts. It was kind of evasive at first, but it started to become clear that he was talking about earth and how we are perpetually polluting it. It was about a man trying to get away from the pollution before it was too late. If world leaders wanted to save the earth, they would have more strict restrictions and actually enforce them. But, all they ever think about is money. It is so much more important to have less money with a clean, unpolluted planet than have all this money and just use it making the planet worse! The earth has been so good to use for all of mankind. How about we return the favor? The earth is dying by the very inhabitants that it allows to live. If WE even cared about the earth, we would wise up and STOP the pollution we are causing. We take the earth for granted everyday, not even saying "thank you earth", or recycling that empty water bottle. Im sure we dont want trash thrown on us. So why throw it on the other thing that allows our existence? If the earth could talk, im pretty sure it would be just asking, and pleading," Why are you all doing this to me? Haven’t I treated you well? Have I ever done something to harm you? Please, I beg of you, stop killing me!" the earth provides us with everything we need for life, the oxygen we breath, water to drink, the perfect air pressure, even the elements to make our game boys and ds's. So why do people just not care? If we even cared just a little bit, we would try everything to stop pollution. I recycle, I like riding bikes more than cars, though it’s hard because of air pollution! I love the earth! But just a few people can't make a big dent on politics. If a mass group of people stopped using manmade products, money would stop coming in, and the government would have to change their views. The earth is a very delicate privilege for us to have and if we dont start taking care of it, mankind will cease to longer exist. I don't blame the people for the continual pollution, but the power, aka, the government and politics. The only thing they would gladly spend money on is the stupid war going on in Iraq. I believe the earth’s welfare should be the top priority of all government systems on the whole planet. One day, the earth will be devastatingly hot and the oceans will rise, thus leading to less room for the earth’s inhabitants, and it will be TO LATE for anyone to do anything! We won't be able to make it cold again, we won't be able to freeze the polar ice caps again, and we won't be able to regain the land all at the same time to where the caps will freeze and to where the land will come back AND make the global temperature go back to normal. If mankind saw the realization of all this, we would just STOP and think about what we are doing before we throw that recyclable cup or paper bag on the highway or into the lake. We would STOP driving cars that cause the majority of air pollution. We would STOP the phenomenal pollution that we are doing to the planet we call home. We would not destroy THE EARTH.

THE CrEaToR Wrote:I think we have driven Earth to a point thak we cannot turn back.
i know thats its your opinion, and i kinda agree with you, but scientist say in about 30 years, if we dont change our ways, there will be irreversable consequences. but the way we'regoing at it, it seems we may have less.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's