Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Do EV points manifest themselves immediately in stats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a Combusken Level 22 and a Marshtomp Level 19 that both have maxed EV in attack. I know this because the message I get when I try to feed them Protein is that it will have no effect. However, my Combusken only has 69 attack right now, while my Marshtomp has 60. With maxed attack EV, their attack should be at least 255/4 = 63.75 ~ 63. If all EV points are shown in the stats, then it means my Combusken only has 6 base attack while my Marshtomp has -3 o.o

So what's happening here?
No, they manifest themselves later(unless the pokemon has a high lv.)
The fact that your Pokemon cannot take any more proteins doesn't mean that it has maxed Attack EVs.The proteins will give the first 100 EPs but you have to fight some Pokemon in order to take the remaining 152.
For more information about EVs look here: http://www.legendarypokemon.net/training
BLUE Wrote:The fact that your Pokemon cannot take any more proteins doesn't mean that it has maxed Attack EVs.The proteins will give the first 100 EPs but you have to fight some Pokemon in order to take the remaining 152.
For more information about EVs look here: http://www.legendarypokemon.net/training

Ooh I see, I never knew that. I was under the impression that vitamins will provide an add-on benefit to whatever training the pokemon has undergone.

Anyway, based on the data I had, I calculated the IVs of both Pokemon, taking EP = 255.

IV = (((stat / nature) - 5) * 100 / level) - EP/4 - (base stat * 2)

Combusken:
IV = (((69 / 1.1 [naughty]) - 5) * 100 / 22) - 255/4 - (85 * 2) = 28.64

Marshtomp:
IV = (((60 / 1.1 [naughty]) - 5) * 100 / 19) - 255/4 - (85 * 2) = 27.01

Considering that the max IV is 31, the minimum EP that Combusken has is 245.56 and that for Marshtomp is 243. So it does seem that the EP points will only be added at higher levels, which in a way is problematic because one cannot use the boost in stats to figure out when to stop training the stat.

I'll try to run more tests by having both Pokemon attack low level Poochyena until they both gain a level and see how much the attack stat grows.
Why don't you use our calculator?It's easy and very helpfull
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/javacalc.html
can i ask something: when the calculator sayes 31-31 it is the best or the wors case?
The best case of course.It means that your Pokemon has the biggest IV possible for a stat
that means that my gengar has the best special attc and speed posible? oh, that's amazing! thnx BLUE!
MANUELF, I checked the stats of your Gengar when we traded (don't remember when) and they are not the maximum that a Gengar can get. Most probably you have forgotten to enter the Effort Points that your Gengar has in the calculator.
don't forget it has a neutral nature! and anyway, how am i suposed to know how much EPs has my gengar (anyway it has an effort ribbond)!
You should use pen and paper or Diamond's and Pearl's poketch counter.I believe that Ninjomewtwo didn't forget the nature...
anyway, i have updated my party's gengar (the old one is sliping in a box) and had a new one with has ruch nature and maximum starts: that was the gengar i was talking aboute! i just wanted to tell that the old one had a hindering nature!
Plz note that hence nm2 is teh stoopid he might have forgot the nature,Also I would like to remind you that you are OFF THE F@($%G TOPIC.thx^^.
Frilk : ev points give you stat when your pokemon reach lvl100
Actually, every time your pokemon gains a level, the EVs manifest. I mean: you know the formula to calculate your pokemon´s stat, right? Well, since it multiplies your current EVs / 4 for something, each time you gain a level, the formula calculates how much stat you should have increased.
(Sorry for the confusion, I couldn´t think in a better way to explain itToungue)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's