Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Cresselia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now, Cresselia... I've been wondering about two possible move combinations with two moves for a while now.
First:
  • Sunny Day
  • Moonlight
Second:
  • Rest
  • Sleep Talk
Both are very good, and personally I find the first much better than the second, due to Sleep Talk being a very random move, and randomness just doesn't cut it in the Pokémon metagame. But I'd like to know the opinions of the other battlers out there. What do you think about this set?
Imo, both are like wasting a moveslot for Cresselia. Sunny Day + Moonlight is sure a better combo but think how easily it is countered. They just switch to Tyranitar/Hippowdon and that's all. About the other one, I never liked it as Sleep Talk is a random and unreliable move as you said. If you still want a 100% recovery combo, Rest - Sleep Talk - Charge Beam - Ice Beam is the best that Cresselia can use. Use Sunny Day only if it has a Hidden Power Fire, which I doubt. You can also set Rain Dance/Sunny Day with another Pokémon of your team (which may hold Heat Rock or Wet Rock or however these items are called Toungue) and just have Moonlight on Cresselia.
I guess you're right. And if the opponent does use Tyranitar, Cresselia won't have the chance to use Sunny Day at all... It'd have to switch out on the spot. Sad But, it's signature move Lunar Dance is one that I sort of like. But, if you're implementing Sleep Talk it's not good. And Psychic only takes care of two types... So I guess you're moveset is one of the most reliable. How could we tweak it, now...
Ninjomewtwo Wrote:You can also set Rain Dance/Sunny Day with another Pokémon of your team (which may hold Heat Rock or Wet Rock or however these items are called Toungue) and just have Moonlight on Cresselia.

Well, only Sunny Day is good for Moonlight/Synthesis/Morning Sun. While sunny, these moves recover 2/3 or 3/4 of your total HP. Any other weather drops the recovery to 1/4 only.
Cresselia isn't verry powerfull! if it is to use an umber i would prefere to use Latios than Cresselia! but, anyway, a good moveset for cresselia is: mooonlight, psychic, morning sun, synthesis!
MANUELF Wrote:Cresselia isn't verry powerfull! if it is to use an umber i would prefere to use Latios than Cresselia!
1. Imo, Cresselia is a fantastic Pokémon statwise although her movepool isn't the best one. But it is sure gonna get in my standard team since it can wall many Pokémon and take out common threats like Salamence and Gyarados.
2. Cresselia isn't an uber. It belongs in the OU tier.
MANUELF Wrote:but, anyway, a good moveset for cresselia is: mooonlight, psychic, morning sun, synthesis!
Cresselia can learn neither Synthesis nor Morning Sun. And even if it could, this moveset has nothing to offer. I mean 3 healing moves? Why?

Aluado, I thought that Rain Dance boosted the healing of Moonlight and Morning Sun too. I was also surprised when I saw it, but I think it does. I'll check and tell you though.

Edit: Seems you were right, only Sunny Day does the job. During sunshine those moves recover 100% of your HP.
you are right, i don't know why i wrote that! but if cresselia isn't considered as an umber it's not fair to concider Latios as one!
Ninjomewtwo Wrote:Edit: Seems you were right, only Sunny Day does the job. During sunshine those moves recover 100% of your HP.

Well, I tested many things about pokemon, you know Toungue But during sunshine they don´t recover 100%. They recover 75% or 66%, I don´t remember which Toungue

And Latios/Latias are considered ubers only if they have Soul Dew - an item that increases their SAtk and SDef.
Info from here says that the moves recover 100% of your HP but I'll try it asap to check it out myself.

And in D/P, Latios and Latias are considered ubers regardless of having the Soul Dew item attached.

suicunejohn o elinas

The Soul Dew is only holded by Latios/as or by everyone possible?
only lati@s.
Reference URL's