Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: "Evaded the Attack"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This message has been bugging me all day today, since even Blue doesn't know much about it...

From my experience I conclude to a few things:
1)It can happen to any pokemon, anytime, receiving any attack.
2)It seems like it is connected to "evasiveness" but it may as well not be.
3)The chances of it happening in a battle are about 1-5%(5may be too much).
4)I thought someday that it could be a variation of "attack missed", you know, just for the...variety. But they'd have done this with other "cliche" too...

In order to investigate this further, I'd like to hear about your experiences... (Please be honest, I can't waste my time with stupid childish lies.)

Thank you for your aid.

P.S. once used a Gardevoir with CM and DT. When I fulled the DTs and had 150% evasiveness I received the message "Gardevoir evaded the attack" at a proportion of 1 to 15-20 to the message "X's attack missed" Which is certainly more often than without DT (and consequently high evasiveness) but not significantly enough to say they're connected...
Hum... I thought that the "evaded the attack" message would appear only in double battles, if a move that hit more than a pokemon misses one of them or if you miss a leech seed.Toungue
Well, it apparently happens with Leech Seed and also happens in double battles, but according to Raiden, it happens with most of the moves.I have seen it in single battles with Surf, Hydro Pump and Blizzard.
With SURF i've seen it too. In double battles I've also seen it a lot but I can't remember if it is more frequent than normal battles... I'll look into it.

Please keep posting experiences...
It surely is more frequent on doubles, ´cause I´ve never seen it on singles yet (except with Leech Seed), but I´ve seen a lot on double battles.
Lots of pokemon evade my blizzard
I've seen it a lot with blizzard in double battles. Once I fought a friend of mine and both my pokemon evaded the attack twice. I think it also happened in a single w/blizzard.
Yeah doubles and blizzard are at least 3 times more often to encounter evade...
im sure it used to say it in the old stadium for the N64, but that might ust have been the annoying commentator, ive only seen it in double battles.

also on the topic of leech seed,
my leech seed sometimes doesnt work on grass pokemon but sometimes doe. and its "does not affect" it comes up with so i know its pointless but i dont know what triggers it. is it just grass pokemon and can you leech like, grass and flying crossovers?

suicunejohn o elinas

90%time in double battles,when a player uses blizzard,the message"evaded the attack"Appears.On single battles just with Leech Seed.(This from personal experience.)
it happened to me the other day too...
i was fighting a bidoof and my turtwig used its razor leaf evaded it!
actually, it didnt say, avaded, but avoided! also weird...
i think its to do with evasion

nodar-eye

I have seen this ''evaded the attack message'' about 3 times in single battles with moves that have 100% accurasy and without DT being used so I suppose it can happen but it's rare Toungue
is it just random?
No,it happens with certain moves,like leech seed and some others.For example,when you use fly and then the opponent uses leech seed,then the message ''evaded the attack'' appears,which ensures you have successfully evaded the attack.Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's