Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Double battles Combos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought that a thread like that would be very useful, especially about Duo of the week. So I've come up w/ a combo but does it work? It's all about using 2 pokemon like Rhyperior and Lapras w/ Lightinrod and water absorb so neither water attacks will affect Rhyp. nor electric one Lapras.
Nice... I´m quite expert on double battles, so I´ll help. Smile (lol, I´m being so cocky...)

If Rhyperior has Lightning Rod, though, Lapras won´t be able to use Thunderbolt. Keep this in mind. Wink Lightning Rod draws all the electric moves not used by the pokemon with Lightning Rod to it. For example: if you´re using Lapras and Manectric and both try a Thunderbolt, Lapras´ Thunderbolt will hit Manectric and Manectric´s Thunderbolt will hit the desired target.
And water moves will still affect Rhyperior... Water Absorb heals HP if Lapras is attacked with water. The ability that draws water moves is Storm Drain, which only Gastrodon and Finneon have access.

suicunejohn o elinas

Does anyone ever use Helping Hand in double battles?I was considering that..
I never use helping hand...I think its unuseful..really..
Well...btw i dont think i have a specific strategy about double battles!:DDD

suicunejohn o elinas

I just try to combine my moves.Like one uses rain dance,other uses Thunder.
That's nice but don't forget the most simple one f.e
Metagross- Mantine
Metagross uses earthquake but its doesn't affect mantine
A nice pair for Metagross is Gengar. Gengar is immune to both Earthquake and Explosion - two nice moves to use on double battles.
Ah, and (I´ve read it just now Toungue) Helping Hand is useful on doubles. Sometimes, only one of your pokemon can beat the opponent. And it´s always nice to boost an Earthquake, a Surf or a Heat Wave Toungue
salminice and gyrados is good, but downside is both have a X2 weakness....
slaking and a psycic type with skill swap..... skill swap slaking then transfer traunt to an opponent
snorlax-gallade

snorlax uses belly drum and then gallade uses psych up to copy snorlax's boosted attack!!!!
And is Snorlax faster than Gallade?Gallade will have to use Psych Up in the second turn and attack in the third,if still alive.Or do you suggest something else?
tyranitar and garchomp cos of sand stream and sand veil
Yes and they cannot use Earthquake,which is one of their main moves,so as not to hit each other.
Slaking -Blissey.

Blissey uses Skill Swap,Slaking can sweep every turn(Worked 50% of times)
Reference URL's