Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Why presents for Christmas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been wondering about that thing lately.

Why do people buy presents for other people instead of just giving them money to buy whatever they want?
Do they give them presents to be more traditional?
cause i think that the gesture matters and not the value of the present.
I think that it's because.

.. un.
Choosing suitable presents is probably more fun. >>;
Furthermore, it is far more amusing the fact that you have to open a present trying to think of what the box could include. Especially for children (including me Smile ).
i agree. and it's also better for the adults cause they can accept presents.( you can't give money to them)
(100 posts)
I don't really get it.
Can't adults accept money? :/
the gifts are a tradition since midleage, that's all!
A gift from someone is sth special you give someone and while buying it you take into account the receiver's character, what he likes, what present would expect from you or what would surprise him but money is sth you can give to anyone and everyone can give money
Yes, i think with the gift they give you, they show you how true they love you
I think that if they give u a present,u will think how as everybody says here,they ltrue love u.Money is not always the best thing for a present,think about the meaning of giving it to someone to buy something.That may show that u where SO bored to go and buy smthng.-something-
Also i think it's more fun for you to search for a present to give someone, than to give him money.
Actually giving presents is an old custom, originated by the time Jesus was born, when the shepherds and the wizards brought him presents to honour him. Those presents weren't random, but each had a unique meaning for little Jesus's future...
So, nowadays these remains although we don't think of Christmas like we should, because we've lost the true meaning of getting Xmas gifts. Getting a present from someone can mean what he thinks about you or something simular. It's another thing to have a surprise thingy waiting for you, a gift that someone bought, because he was thinking you, than giving you just plain money to buy something. It's present you receive has a personality, that makes the Xmas spirit brighter and everyone pretty much eager (and happy) to discover what "lives" inside that box.
i agree with celesi
Yeah right,xD.
Um,i think people feel more nice when they receive a present,i can't say why,they just love that.Smile
Lol, you could have waited for Xmas to come and then post.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's