Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Battle Tower Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have about 3 months to visit the Battle Tower. I was using this team and I had about 53 consecutive wins.

Starmie
Modest@Life Orb
252Sp.Atk, 252Spd, 6HP
Surf
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Weavile
Lonely@Focus Sash
252Atk, 252Spd, 6HP
Night Slash
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Aerial Ace

Flygon
Jolly@Expert Belt
252Atk, 252Spd, 6HP
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Rock Slide
Crunch

When my exams will be over I will maybe replace Starmie and Flygon with these pokemons that I have made:
Latios
Docile@Soul Dew
252Sp.Atk,252Spd, 6Sp.Def
Psychic
Dragon Pulse
Thunderbolt
Surf

Metagross
Adamant@Leftovers
252Atk, (has 202 in Speed rest in HP)
Meteor mash
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Agility
I had 79 wins...I lost in the next because I flinched two times in a row and I also did two mistakes...
That hurts, Blue... It happened to me, too. In a battle, I lost ´cause a stupid Raichu´s Focus Band worked three times in a row. In another battle, I started to miss every move I tried because the foe´s Togekiss used Double Team only once!
I visited the Battle Tower this time with my new team (Latios-Weavile-Metagross), that I had explained above, but it didn't help at all. I had 52 wins and lost again. It had been supposed that Soul Dew would double the special stats of my Latios, but he did less damage than my starmie+life orb did. Although, in the last battle I had 2 physical sweepers in my team but perished with the 2 pokemons of my opponent. So, I was left with my Eon pokemon and the last pokemon which came out was a Blissey that carried Ice beam. A single hit and became frozen solid. Two more and my Latios was down.
So, I will put back in my team Starmie for Latios and I will make in Emerald these pokemons:

Gengar Life orb
Timid 252Sp.Atk, 252Spd, 6HP
Shadow ball
Energy ball
Thunderbolt
Destiny Bond

Blissey Leftovers
Bold 252HP, 252Def, 6Sp.Def
Softboiled
Counter
Seismic Toss
Heal Bell

I don't know how these would help me in Battle Tower but there are 2 pokemons that must make them especially when I got a chansey and gastly in my Emerald. For Blissey I think that Seismic Toss is more useful than Thunder wave. Maybe the next time I will go with Starmie-Weavile-Gengar and I hope to climb higher
More and more information make me think that Soul Dew is not working at the Battle Tower.
@JimLink:I would suggest a Pokemon that can take hits and deal damage (Dusknoir, Metagross, Rhyperior etc), because the Starmie-Weavile-Gengar team is very very fragile
Not only the Starmie-Weavile-Gengar is fragile, they also have many weaknesses in common: If you face a Weavile that´s faster than yours, you´ll be beaten... Brick Break OHKOes Weavile and Gengar and Starmie are weak to dark moves.
To tell the truth my battle team realy sucks. I only used battle to earn points to buy power items. My team was : Dusknoir, Porygon-Z nad Salamence. My record is 30wins

suicunejohn o elinas

I haven't visited batle Tower for a long time.But I had used:Staraptor,Gengar,Cresselia
I am just lucky that i can harldy win the Battle Tower Tycoon. If i couldn't i wouldn't have been playing pkm for a while

suicunejohn o elinas

Is a sweeper only team good for the battle tower?
Well, if at least one of your sweepers have defensive capabilities...Toungue
Hey, about the Tower Tycoon... did you know that a Starmie is able to beat Palmer by itself on the first challenge?
Moreover, an Agili-Gross can easily defeat the second Palmer alone.Personally, I never had problems with Palmer.Some other trainers are way stronger than him.
...stronger and luckier...Just like some guy with a Lucario I faced, Agility on the turn my Choice band Slaking switched out because it was stucked on Giga Impact (Agility is a breeding move for Lucario) and then flinches all the time with Flash Cannon, 2 times lower sp.def and 3 critical hits!
This makes me wonder if the game "cheats" when we´re on the battle tower.Toungue
I will show you another one way how the CPU’s luck can beat you at the Battle Tower:
I had Tyranitar and Garchomp and my opponent had his last pokemon, Torterra. Sandstorm was in effect and Tyranitar had set up one Dragon Dance and was faster than almost everything. I was going to use Crunch for 180 base power (after 1DD) to deal serious damage
Tyranitar vs Torterra
Quick Claw activated!
Torterra used earthquake
Tyranitar fainted
Garchomp vs Torterra
Garchomp used Outrage (180 base power with Choice band, Torterra’s health on red)
Torterra used Curse (I think that if he had chosen to attacked me, Garchomp would hold on)
Quick Claw activated again!
Torterra used Wood Hammer (360base power boost by Curse and Overgrow)
Garchomp fainted
Torterra hits with recoil
Torterra fainted
Draw and I lost again
He activated Quick Claw 2times the extract time when he needs it. On the other hand Garchomp’s Sand Veil never works. Also everyone who uses Focus Blast against my Tyranitar, its 70% accuracy isn’t a problem and never misses.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's