Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: SS Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm opening a new topic about this because I want to hear some suggestions about a Sandstorm based team. My primary D/P team will be a SS based one and I want to make it as good as possible and that's why I'm making a new thread instead of posting that in the D/P Team one. So, here's the team I've been using in Shoddy for some time:

Hippowdon (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off
- Roar

Heatran (♂) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 58 HP/200 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Cradily (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/18 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Garchomp (♂) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 170 HP/88 Spd/252 SAtk
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

Metagross @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 88 HP/252 Atk/108 Spd/62 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Thunderpunch
- Agility

Well, that works nice in Shoddy but in the game I don't have a Hidden Power [Electric] Heatran... Also, in-game, I won't use Magnezone, I may replace it with Tyranitar or Rhyperior or something else, I don't know. My in-game team will look more like this:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Expert Belt
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 58 HP/200 Spd/252 SAtk
- Dragon Pulse
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Overheat / ???

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/98 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Metagross @ Liechi Berry / Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 50 HP/252 Atk/128 Spd/80 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Thunderpunch
- Agility

Needs 6th Pokémon. So, any suggestions?
first of all, i have to say that the SS team is a verry powerfull one! i have never used it, but i have fronted it: the only thing i can say aboute it is that it needs atention and always to do the right move at the right time (i won beacose of a paralization i made to the foe, as quensiqens he didn;t do the right move at the right time)! about your party NM2, i think it is verry nice, and sure it is a very honorable one!
Nice team you have NM2. I think Garchomp can learn Ice fang(i'm not sure). Well, if it can learn it, then change fire fang to ice fang(I think that the best berry for garchomp is the berry that reduces ice type moves). As for your metagross, i'd change thunderpunch with Bullet Punch(shuca berry is just fine on metagross)
For your 6th pokemon I'm thinking this:
Gliscor
nature:Adamant/Jolly
ability:Sand Veil
EVs:252speed/252attack/6sp.def
item:BrightPowder
moves:
Double Team
Swords Dance
Roost
X-Scissor.
If i have a better suggestion later i will edit this post.
Garchomp can't learn Ice Fang but anyway, Fire Fang is better, otherwise Skarmory and Bronzong wall you. And I want Life Orb for more power but I'll think of Yache Berry. Metagross won't touch Gyarados w/o Thunderpunch and that is the only reason I bred for it in Emerald and spent 48 Battle Points for the punch. Garam, Gliscor is an awesome Pokémon but I already have a sturdy physical wall, Hippowdon. Also, I'm thinking of adding this as a 6th Pokémon:

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 SAtk/252 Spd/6 HP
Timid nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic
Lucario is a great choise,for me at least...but i prefer physical Lucario:
nature:Adamant/Jolly
item:SalacBerry
EVs:252attack/252speed/6hp
moves:
Endure
Reversal
SwordDance
Crunch.
Well since you only have 1 special attacker in your team i think the Lucario you choose is better,but if you want change the item into:WiseGlasses,because Choise items allow you use only 1 move,i think,and one of the moves into:CalmMind,for even greater Sp.Attack boost.
Yeah, I thought of it too but Lucario is weak to many common moves like EQ, Flamethrower, etc and it won't have the time to set Calm Minds easily. And anyway, Lucario will have to switch in and out many times, exactly what a Choice user is meant to do.
Yes,i know that Lucario can be easiely OHKOed,thats why i most like the Endure-Reversal combo for Lucario.
Lucario´s SAtk is greater than its Atk, and I think that having only a special sweeper on your team (Heatran) makes you more vulnerable to physical walls, if Heatran is beaten.
I think a special sweeper Lucario would be better, then.
As I have said before, I believe that by the time you have access to a second automatic sandstorm, you should choose this for your team because your opponent could possibly use a weather changing move.In other words, Tyranitar is a must for the team...

As a Pokemon, I find Specs-Lukario very good, but I would try Vacuum Wave instead of Psychic (at least that's what I am going to do with my Lukario)
Without Psychic, I have nothing to hit Heracross hard as it hits Lucario with a Close Combat. Also, I am bored to breed an egg move on Lucario. Toungue
And what do you suggest I should take out for Tyranitar? I want Metagross and Garchomp in the team because they're not weak to fighting as is Cradily, Heatran and Lucario. And taking out Lucario will leave me with 1 Sp.Sweeper and 3 Physical ones.
If you have time and you are not borred you can try a Special Sweeping Tyranitar.It is quite good (of course not as good as the Physical one) and you have the advantage of surprise.(Ask Xara-Lampos and Celesi about my first PokemonToungue)
Reference URL's