Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Malice

Okay so I'm new here.
I've been using the site for references so I finaly joined.
I haven't played pokemon since the good ol days of Silver.
Anywho...
I'm looking for some help on how you should disperse your Ev's.
How to make movesets that aren't just the same type, like old days Ganger with - Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Night Shade, Curse for an example.
I have an idea that In DP that you need moves to counteract pokemon that kill the one your using.

I'm also looking for some pokemon to be able to make a team(s) with pokemon I think are good.
I don't need Lv.100's or anything, I'm just looking for the pokemon I need so I can breed for (hopefully) decent iv's.

If someone could help I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
~Malice
Welcome to the Forums and welcome back to the Pokemon community! For good ideas about widely used Pokemon and how to use them, look here (check the PotW that have D/P in their names) . If you are interested in a specific Pokemon that it's not there, just ask here Wink
Things have changed a lot since Gold/Silver. There is a limit on how many EPs you can put on your Pokemon now. New attacks and new Pokemon have also changed the look of the metagame.There was a new split between physical and special attacks as well.
If you want to check about breeding training details, read the guides
you can also check the new Attack Database.
I hope I helped...
Sure, Legendary Pokemon is good in many ways, but I must say that I tend to use other sites when I require assistance in competitive battling. These are some of my favorites:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

Now, Smogon is the hub of the metagame, and this address goes to a list of every fully evolved Pokemon, along with movesets, counters, etc. If you want to learn even more, go register at their forums and then read some of the main threads there.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925602/49990

This is also highly useful, as it does contain a few things you won't find in Smogon. By comparing and contrasting the two, you should be able to find a suitable moveset.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925602/49620

This is a basic guide to battling, in the event that you might have forgotten. It is extremely descriptive and gives fantastic examples.

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/typeanalysis.php

Finally, this is an interesting calculator that shows the combined resistances and weaknesses of your team. Merely input the types and then press “Submit” to see any glaring weaknesses in your lineup.

Good luck! Buena suerte! Buona fortuna! Καλή τύχη! Viel Glueck!

Note that all of these were done using BabelFish, so for all I know one of these translations could mean “sing of cats” or whatever.
Well, good suggestions but as an Administrator of this site I have to reply these:
Smogon can surely help you with the Metagame BUT they are stuck on what it is standar. They are not creative at all, and if they see something different, they are sure that it is going to be useless. The metagame changes as the time passes, because some people are creative enough to train a Pokemon that can harm the Standar OU Pokemon. I still remember people using the Tyraniboah later in the R/S/E metagame, although the DD Tyranitar was by far better at the time.
You can find guides, calculators etc here as well and they are quite helpfull (actually the multicalculator is one of the best on the internet) . If there is something that you would like to see, you can actually request it here.
I know that we don't have all the Pokemon featured here, and we sometimes don't update for long periods, but I believe that in exchange we are very kind and friendly to the new members and we are here to reply at every question... That's the spirit of the Pokemon Games after all.
And we´re also the only place on internet to make analysis of duos of pokemon that work well on double battles.Toungue Have you ever seen our "Duo of the Week"? It doesn´t exist anywhere else on internet.

P.S.= "Boa sorte" is how we say "Good luck" in portuguese. One more word for your vocabulary xD
Reference URL's