Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Requesting advice with a trio of Dark-types
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

bannedfox

Hi, I'm new to competitive battling, and as such, I'm building a team of Pokemon that could probably use a lot of help. I'm posting with the hopes that I can get some help making my dark-type pokemon more formidable. I'll list all of the data that you folks may find relevant here, and I hope I don't ask too many newbie questions that could be answered with a simple search or the like.

I think it would be a good idea to state that my 'team' is incomplete. I still need to catch the Absol I intend on using, and even after that, I'll have three open slots.

I'd like to adapt these pokemon, not replace them. I realize that upon entering an atmosphere with competitive players, I'm going to go up against varied teams with different strategies, and that with the pokemon I use, I'm likely to lose a lot. I'd like to at least put up a good fight, and when I do win, I'd like it to be with my favorite pokemon, not some throwtogether of pokemon I don't like that are loaded with cheap moves.

Anyway, here's a nice long list for those still interested in helping me out Big Grin

SLOT 1: Umbreon (Female) Quiet Nature *
Item: Star Piece
Stats:
  • Lv. 100
  • HP 302
  • Atk. 190
  • Def. 281
  • Sp.Atk. 185
  • Sp.Def. 290
  • Speed 158
Ability: Synchronize
Moveset:
  • Torment
  • Pursuit
  • Moonlight
  • Dark Pulse
Misc:
Caught Lv. 18 @ Trophy Garden. Pokerus.
I'd like to use this pokemon in an effective and hopefully strategic way, perhaps using Torment to combo with the moveset of another pokemon in the party.

---------------------------------------------------------
SLOT 2: Weavile (Female) Hasty Nature
Item: Star Piece
Stats:
  • Lv. 100
  • HP 281
  • Atk. 288
  • Def. 144
  • Sp.Atk. 135
  • Sp.Def. 196
  • Speed 360
Ability: Pressure
Moveset:
  • Night Slash
  • Brick Break
  • Ice Beam
  • X-Scissor
Misc:
Caught Lv. 34 @ Acuity Lakefront. Had Pokerus, got better.

SLOT 3: Absol (Still need to actually catch it Sad) (???) ??? Nature
Item: -
Stats:
  • Lv.
  • HP
  • Atk.
  • Def.
  • Sp.Atk.
  • Sp.Def.
  • Speed
Ability: Pressure
Moveset:
Misc:
Waiting for the Swarm. Would very much appreciate a suggested moveset for this one. I realize that the lack of any stats/nature/moves isn't exactly professional, but I simply don't have the Absol yet.
I've got Pokerus carriers in the PC, it's going to have the virus too.

The other three slots are open for the time being, and I'm open to suggestions as to pokemon I might be able to place in these slots to make my three Dark-types more effective.

Thanks in advance,
[bannedfox]
First of all, welcome to the forums. First of all I'd like to tell you that since you want to challenge advanced competitive battlers, your team's types should vary, or at least use many combinations of dark type such as dark/ice (Weavile). Well do you know about Iv's (Individuall values), Ev's (Effort values), pokemon roles etc? If you don't, be sure to check those out: http://www.legendarypokemon.net/training
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/teambuild

As for now, I'll suggest giving Umbreon Leftovers, and switch Ice Beam of Weavile with Ice Punch (due to Ice beam being a special move). It would be very helpful to read LegendaryPokemon's Pokemon Of the Week
Hello! And welcome to our forums! \o/
So, you´re gonna use your favorite pokemon instead of the overused ones? Hehe, I guess I like you Toungue
As Kalas said, read that topic first. But I´ll give you some advice too (although they may also be on that topic... I´ve not read it yet xD):
- Study your pokemon´s base stats. This way, you can determine what moves are really better for it, as well as its role on your team.
- Since your team will have 3 dark-type pokemon, the other 3 must be resistant to the dark-type weaknesses (bug and fighting), otherwise, the team will be unbalanced.
- Study the effects of abilities, items and natures too. They make a big difference...

After this, please, post your team again.Wink
YEAY!!!!! someone actually uses their faves!!!!! but y r they holding star peices???

the other pokes i would suggest(dont trust me, i suck at pokemon) are blaziken, mabie a porygon? and a water type, like a starmie. idk thats my oppinion.
Absol is a favourite of mine, and i have a great sweeper Absol

LVL 100
item;focus sash

252-attack
252-speed

Swords dance
fire blast for killing scizor, skarmory, forretress, which are used to wall me
Sucker punch: THE SWEEPING MOVE
psycho cut- for the fighting types that resist sucker punch

ALWAYS SET UP AN SD.

Absols sash will give u a swords dance, which is enuff to sweep teams
First of all,any residual damage will KO Absol.Priority moves from faster Pokemon will too.Anyone suspecting a Sucker Punch will set up and then be able to sweep,and it PP is low.
well mastermind i respectfully disagree, im obviously not gunna waste his sash on a sandstorm, and any good player will use psycho cut if he thinks his opponent will start to set up, clearly you are unfamiliar with absol, i suggest you revise who you are talking to and the level of there skill before you make rash posts like that on this server, everyone on legendary has an exellent understanding of pokemon, and would not be foolish enough to commit themeselves to basic errors like sash-sandstorm.
owned Smile
(15-01-2009 09:08 PM)crobar Wrote: [ -> ]well mastermind i respectfully disagree, im obviously not gunna waste his sash on a sandstorm, and any good player will use psycho cut if he thinks his opponent will start to set up, clearly you are unfamiliar with absol, i suggest you revise who you are talking to and the level of there skill before you make rash posts like that on this server, everyone on legendary has an exellent understanding of pokemon, and would not be foolish enough to commit themeselves to basic errors like sash-sandstorm.
1st)Sandstorm is not the only residual damage.
2nd)If your opponent uses one stat raising move,it is enough to KO Absol before it uses Psycho Cut.
3rd)I HAVE an Absol like this,and I know it is not enough to KO teams like you said.
crobar Wrote:well mastermind i respectfully disagree, im obviously not gunna waste his sash on a sandstorm, and any good player will use psycho cut if he thinks his opponent will start to set up, clearly you are unfamiliar with absol, i suggest you revise who you are talking to and the level of there skill before you make rash posts like that on this server, everyone on legendary has an exellent understanding of pokemon, and would not be foolish enough to commit themeselves to basic errors like sash-sandstorm.

This post is a Rash (+SAtk, -SDef) post. Don't a jerk, most people here do know what they are doing and have knowledge of Pokemon.

I am completely backing GeorgeSlayer on this one. Entry hazards, other weather effects, status condidtions, Rawop, Jacoba berry recoil etc. are other forms or residual damage.

On a Swords Dance set, Superpower will outdamage Fire Blast after an SD. With a Life Orb, it will 2HKO Skarm, easily. It is better than Psycho Cut for complementary coverage with Sucker Punch.

I have yet to try Absol, but it is a beast and is effective when used properly.
im not stating that abosl is UNBEATABLE im just not happy with him saying its useless, if course it can be defeated. but he is hard to defeat, and i dont see the harm in defending my own pokemon. and superpower is kinda crap, cos it lowers attack
crobar Wrote:im not stating that abosl is UNBEATABLE im just not happy with him saying its useless, if course it can be defeated. but he is hard to defeat, and i dont see the harm in defending my own pokemon. and superpower is kinda crap, cos it lowers attack

1) He never said it was useless. He would never use it if he thought it was useless.
2) Superpower does lower attack, but you have an SD up, so that's only a concern after 2 uses.
When did I say it is useless?I am just trying to point out its flaws.If you don't want to know other people's views,then talk to yourself.
I was stating that your overweiw of my absol was extremely harsh and so i deemed your statemnet to be a direct insult, i apologize if this was not your intention
Rules: Evasion Clause, Extended Game, Level Balance, Timed Battle
crobar sent out Weezing (lvl 77 Weezing ?).
gabriel94 sent out Dusknoir (lvl 74 Dusknoir ?).
Dusknoir is exerting its pressure!
Weezing used Will-o-wisp.
Dusknoir was burned!
Dusknoir used Psychic.
It's super effective!
Weezing lost 46% of its health.
Weezing's Black Sludge restored a little health!
Weezing restored 6% of its health.
Dusknoir was hurt by its burn!
Dusknoir lost 12% of its health.
---
Weezing used Pain Split.
Weezing restored 11% of its health.
Dusknoir used Blizzard.
Weezing lost 30% of its health.
---
crobar switched in Absol (lvl 79 Absol ?).
Absol is exerting its pressure!
Dusknoir used Focus Blast.
Dusknoir's attack missed!
---
crobar switched in Weezing (lvl 77 Weezing ?).
Weezing makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
Dusknoir used Earthquake.
Dusknoir's attack missed!
---
Weezing used Flamethrower.
Dusknoir lost 23% of its health.
Dusknoir used Psychic.
It's super effective!
Weezing lost 42% of its health.
---
Weezing used Flamethrower.
Dusknoir lost 23% of its health.
gabriel94's Dusknoir fainted.
---
gabriel94 switched in Metagross (lvl 69 Metagross).
Weezing used Will-o-wisp.
Metagross was burned!
Metagross used Psychic.
It's super effective!
Weezing lost 72% of its health.
crobar's Weezing fainted.
Metagross was hurt by its burn!
Metagross lost 12% of its health.
---
crobar switched in Absol (lvl 79 Absol ?).
Absol is exerting its pressure!
Absol used Swords Dance.
Absol's attack was sharply raised.
Metagross used Earthquake.
Absol lost 25% of its health.
---
Absol used Swords Dance.
Absol's attack was sharply raised.
Metagross used Meteor Mash.
Absol lost 35% of its health.
---
Absol used Sucker Punch.
A critical hit!
Metagross lost 350% of its health.
gabriel94's Metagross fainted.
---
gabriel94 switched in Houndoom (lvl 76 Houndoom ?).
Absol used Sucker Punch.
It's not very effective...
Houndoom lost 152% of its health.
gabriel94's Houndoom fainted.
---
gabriel94 switched in Swampert (lvl 73 Swampert ?).
Absol used Sucker Punch.
Swampert lost 199% of its health.
gabriel94's Swampert fainted.
---
gabriel94 switched in Electivire (lvl 73 Electivire ?).
Absol used Sucker Punch.
Electivire lost 293% of its health.
gabriel94's Electivire fainted.
---
gabriel94 switched in Dialga (lvl 63 Dialga).
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
Absol used Sucker Punch.
It's not very effective...
Dialga lost 105% of its health.
gabriel94's Dialga fainted.
crobar wins!
gabriel94 has left the room.

that is what absol is capable of. note the uber dialga slaughter

killed 5 of his pokemon with ease
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's