Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Little Cup Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently, I've been diving into the metagame of the Little Cup. After being an "OU Drone" for so long, I was wondering the strategies and Pocket Monsters that could thrive in such a fast paced and fresh environment.

In case you don't know the Little Cup:

The rules are along the lines of:
` Sleep Clause
` Only Pokemon hatched from eggs are eligible.
` Eligible Pokemon must be able to evolve, and be the first in an evolution chain.
` Item Clause is in effect.
` All Pokemon used must be Lv5.
` No Self-KOs
` SonicBoom and Dragon Rage are banned.
` Evasion/accuracy moves arn't allowed.
` OHKO moves arn't allowed.
` Scyther is banned.

It's just a different environment from the OU metagame that I wonder some of the strategies any of you all possibly implement. So, the questions I ask are which Pocket Monsters do you believe thrive in this area? What particular threats roam about?

Well, overall, just wanted to use this thread to gain more knowledge on the Little Cup, as I'm pretty interested.

Side note: I decided to locate this in Competitive Battling as it still deals with the strategy and these little guys still battle competitively. XD Hopefully didn't make poor judgment there. (I make a bad Arceus, moo)

So, ever play? What success did you have? If you haven't played in it, what's your opinion of it overall? Any kinky sets you've come up with for such?

Discuss the Little Cup.
Hmm,i've never heard of that but it seems quite cool,I'll do some investigation on it...
I've never played serious Little Cup matches, but some Pokémon are really uber there. Abra is excellent, with Psychic, Calm Mind maybe, Energy Ball and something else.
Diglett does exactly what Dugtrio does in OU. Trap, kill, leave.
My favorite little-cupper is Doduo though. Try it with Agility, Flail, Endure and a Liechi Berry. Pure power from a level 5 double headed birdie.
The well-known F.E.A.R. Rattata could work sometimes, maybe w/o Focus Sash this time.
The base 160 Def of Onix could be good sometimes, I'm not sure though.

Anyway, I'm gonna look into the little cup some more now that I have time and post a team maybe.
Reference URL's