Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Help with EV training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok so i finally decided to try and EV train one of my pokemon in hopes of it becoming just a bit more powerful than the rest. SO i started on my Breloom. I wanted some more speed so i battled staravias which gave me 2 EVs. But then i gave it a power anklet with gives it 4 more EVs. AND it also had pokerus so that doubles the EVs to get a total of 12 EVs. ( so 252 in speed, 252 in Attck, 6 in hp) SO then i trained it to lv 100 by use of switching out, so not to screw up the EVs.
[/b][/size]But when it got to LVL 100, it only had 287 Attack instead of expected high 300s. is there something that i did wrong? But the weird thing is that the Speed stat was maxed out. need help. Thanks!
Sry when i said the speed was maxed out i meant it was about 250 instead of 262
Well, i think this has to do with IVs. Maybe your breloom didn't have the best IVs in attack, so that's why it didn't reach max attack.
You can calculate IVs with the iv calculator...
Oh, btw, what nature is your breloom? It might be one that lowers the attack stat, like timid or something.
well thats the weird thing. it was jolly nature it wa a good nature for attack. but when i was taking a closer lokk at the problem, i figured out that i still had the power anklet on hen i was training ATTACK so i was only getting EVs instead of 12. yea, i feel stupid. but i trained another one with power bracer on it so i think im good now.
I have a few questions also

1. Is there a change in the EVs when you level during the EV training?
2. Should you first EV train or level up?
3. Once you get 255 or 252 or where ever you need to get, how should you continue to train the Pokemon to Lvl 100.
4. If i give my Pokemon Pokerus and a power item and battle a pokemon that gives you +2 in a certain area, will you get +12 EV's.
1. No, if you have already maxed out your EVs. That means no, if all 510 EVs have been already given. Otherwise, killing Pokémon for leveling up will add unwanted EVs.
2. EV train, then level up. Unless you want to level up with Rare Candies or by leaving the Pokémon in the daycare.
3. If all of the EVs have been given, you just have to kill Pokémon for going 100 lvl. Which Pokémon doesn't matter.
4. Yes, if the Power item is the one that adds 4 EVs of the same stat that the Pokémon gave you. That means if you kill a Golbat and have the Power Anklet.
Ive got a question.
1.say you now that a pokemon has maxed out evs but you dont know how many are on each stat. how many of each berry would it take to get rid of every ev it has?
As many EVs as it has divided by 10, rounded up. (EVs/10)
make another if you want max atak but make nature admant

slim pickings

yup, natures make allot of difference, 10% difference in fact
Reference URL's