Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Rate my new team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
here is my team i've created.. i could use a few suggestions

Ninjask
Speed Boost
Leftovers
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Swords Dance
-X- Scizzor

Breloom
Poison Heal
Toxic Orb
-Spore
-Focus Punch
-Substitue
-Focus Punch

Mismagius
Levitate
Leftovers
-Mean Look
-Perish Song
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt

Bronzong
Levitate
Wide Lens or something else
-Charge Beam
-Earthquake
-Hypnosis
-Psychic

Milotic
Marvel Scale
item ???
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hypnosis
-Recover

??? A good sweeper with some kind of move or ability that slows down the oponent.. im having trouble finding something that fits.

My main strategy consists on getting speed boosts from Ninjask and then pounding them with Spore/Focus Punch and Substitute. A baton pass from Ninjask to Mismagius, then a Mean Look and Perish Song, and finally then switch out to Bronzong to live out the two-three turns. Then you have Milotic as a special sweeper along with Hypnosis if needed to throw in some Focus Punches from Breloom. Along with constant Baton Passes from Ninjask to up my speed and then sweep with others, i think this is a decent strategy. I need another sweeper that could switch in and possible stall. I'm not quite sure what would work.. im sure you guys know better then me..Suggestions and Comments Please.
I think i may use a snorlax as my fifth.. it can take some heavy hits and depending on which of it's abilities, i could make up for my bad fire weaknesses. He can also learn self destruct as a last resort. I think he works well in this strategy.. though can someone tell me how to breed curse into him.. also can you tell me how to breed hypnosis into milotic.
I don't know muxh aabout battles but I know one thing for sure,
DON'T
USE
SNORLAX
ok that's all from me^_^
(tip try starmie and gengarWink)
You could use Salamence ita has the ability to slow down " physical oponents " with the ability " Intimidate ". As far as for the nature or moveset you can look at the site's pokemon of the week or shortly "POTW"
Well,my suggestions for your last 2 pokemon are:
Electivire
Nature:Jolly
Item:Expert Belt
EVs:252 Attk,Spd/6 HP
moves:
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Brick Break

Snorlax
nature:Sassy
item:Leftovers
EV's:252 HP,Sp.Def/6 Attk
moves:
Curse
Body Slam
Earthquake
Rest
I think you can breed Curse from Slowpoke.
There is also the Tm if i am not mistaken
There isnt a TM but i think i can breed it from a slowpoke.. anyway.. what do i need to breed a milotic with to learn hypnosis?? how do you think the strategy will work???
Milotic gets Hypnosis when bred with Poliwag/whirl/wrath/toed.

About your team, I never really liked the whole Ninjask-BatonPass-Speed-Attack combo. All your opponent has to do is switch their Whirlwind/Roar user and it's over. And since most phazers carry Stealth Rock as well, Ninjask won't be able to come back in battle. That means that if your combo fails in the beginning, you'll be battling with 5 Pokémon most of the time. Also, the most common phazer -Skarmory- OHKOs Breloom and Ninjask. (Note that Sub doesn't prevent WW/Roar)

If you insist though on using the Ninjask stuff, get a bulkier sweeper than Breloom. Marowak @ Thick Club was my choice when I used Ninjask back in the day.

About Mismagius, PerishTrapping rarely works. I'd suggest you go with Shadow Ball, T-bolt, Calm Mind and Sub/Taunt if it is an offensive Mismagius or with Will-o-wisp, Shadow Ball, T-bolt, Destiny Bond if it's an annoying one.

About Bronzong, if you go with Charge Beam and Psychic, leave EQ aside. I'd suggest Hypnosis, Gyro Ball, Explosion and a move depending on the rest of your team. Stealth Rock will do since you don't have another Spiker in your team. If you get one, then Reflect/Light Screen or EQ.

Milotic is ok.

A sweeper for slowing down the opponent now. Snorlax and Rhyperior come to my mind. The defensive version of Snorlax that I use is like this:

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful, 244 HP - 50 Def - 216 SpDef
Thick Fat
- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

My team needed more a special wall and less a sweeper and that's why it's like this.
I don't know how to use a Rhyperior effectively so I can't suggest anything about it other than EQ and Stone Edge which MUST be in the set. Oh, and Rhyperior can be also used as the stat-up receiver by Ninjask's BP.

(Phew, I typed a lot...)
Thankyou for all the advice... im sure ill make some changes... I am an early competitive battler and all im really doing is experimenting so i am at least going to try the ninjask/breloom strategy... i also dont plan on perish trapping early on or commonly.. it will be used late in the game as a last resort... i have some experience with breloom and im positive that if i could get a major speed boost i could use it effectively... also.. i think the combination of puting them to sleep and then sweeping them will work well ex- breloom/bronzong/milotic.
then i think perish trapping along with a speed boost.. using a protect then switching out to snorlax to out last a few shots will work well... i saw first hand in my friends battle how a ninjask could work so i think i have what it takes. if not then ill make changes... thanks for suggestions

btw- i already used an offensive mismagius and it was slightly useful.. im going to experiment with a perish trap and mismagius is good at it because of it's high special defense.
Reference URL's