Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Battle Tower team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First of all, being kind towards others never hurts.
Secondly, as you probably haven't noticed, the person that posted in this thread just asked for some opinions/suggestions on his team rather than sheer critisism, there is actually a thread where you are supposed to post your battle tower team.
Thirdly, I'm pretty sure there are people that have beaten the tower and have posted great sets as well. I always come really close to a streak of 100, but am ruined by my awful luck.

Btw, some berries are pretty useful you know. Yache berry pretty much saves Garchomp from every ice attack, while your CBChomp is ruined by sth faster. ShucaHeatran is really common as well and stat-up(most notably salac) berries can be used effectively on many pokemon.
Just mentioning, my last streak ended at 93 and 2/3 of my Pokémon use berries. Now, while pure attack is ok, having a strategy isn't bad either. And no team is unbeatable, yours can lose too and here's an example. Weavile vs Garchomp. It's faster, OHKOes with Ice Punch. You either die, or switch. If you switch to Gengar, you get Ice Punched, then Night Slash next turn. If you go Machamp, it 3HKOes Machamp and with its Focus Sash it gets two more hits. So, any "good" offensive Pokémon following that Weavile beats you. Just to prove my point, I don't care if chances to meet that Weavile are low.

As for your closing statement, that's pointless and won't prove anything. Unlike the AI, you and I and everyone have a mind which we tend to use in battles.
(27-10-2009 10:40 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]Just mentioning, my last streak ended at 93 and 2/3 of my Pokémon use berries. Now, while pure attack is ok, having a strategy isn't bad either. And no team is unbeatable, yours can lose too and here's an example. Weavile vs Garchomp. It's faster, OHKOes with Ice Punch. You either die, or switch. If you switch to Gengar, you get Ice Punched, then Night Slash next turn. If you go Machamp, it 3HKOes Machamp and with its Focus Sash it gets two more hits. So, any "good" offensive Pokémon following that Weavile beats you. Just to prove my point, I don't care if chances to meet that Weavile are low.

As for your closing statement, that's pointless and won't prove anything. Unlike the AI, you and I and everyone have a mind which we tend to use in battles.

Well yea, if my Garchomp came across a 31 speed iv weavile that had 252 speed evs then sure hed lose, but thats obvious... but as you said... what are the odds of that. I hope that anyone who is really taking the bt seriously, breeds there non unique pokemon so all they're most important stats have 28-31 ivs. I cant believe how much hate im getting for posting the best lineup... I mean, as you said your only on a 93 streak(granted you may have beaten it before) but since it seems like no one else has even gotten 100 wins, then they should take a note from me... im not trying to be bad, I just want to post a better lineup that fools who use a "sassy Dusknoir".
Edit: Please watch the language
Blue
well, hatredy, I myself have found my team to be very successful. it is:

Raikou @ life orb (special sweeper)
Rash nature (for aura sphere)
252 s.atk / 252 spd / 6 hp
-thunderbolt
-aura sphere
-shadow ball
-extrasensory

Aerodactyl @ king's rock (Physical sweeper, surprisingly good flinch haxer)
adamant nature
252 atk / 252 spd / 6 hp
-rock slide >
-thunder fang> flinch haxes
-ice fang >
-earthquake

Vaporeon @ leftovers (somewhat of a special tank and wipes out all three of the first tycoon's pokemon)
bold nature
252 hp / 200 def / 58 s.atk
-surf
-ice beam
-toxic
-wish

The only reason i didn't make it to the tycoon for the second time was because of a stupid porygon z. I aura sphered it with raikou and left it with red hp, but then he used tri attack and got the freeze hax. So i switched into aerodactyl to take minimal damage from tri attack and he of course gets another freeze hax! so i finally switch into vaporeon, take some damage, and finish the porygon z off with a surf. So then ampharos comes out and i try to use toxic on it twice but miss both times and he gets me with two charge beams (while raising his special atk once out of the two). So i send in raikou, who already took damage from the tri attack and is still frozen. Ampharos uses signal beam, confuses me, and leaves me on very low red. I then thaw out and hit myself from confusion and finish myself off. So, he then finishes my frozen aerodactyl off with a charge beam or two and i lose without even seeing his last pokemon. This just proves that all of the luck is always on the battle tower's side, and a team doesn't necessarily have to be bad to lose at the battle tower.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's