Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Forum's dead...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm trying my best here... But noone seems eager to post a thing...

There are 55 members! Why doesn't anybody write stg? Add their thoughts etc? Why are people subscribing if they are not willing to write a thing?

I've come up with so many different threads; still no one seems interested.

Suggestions, anyone?
*the forum's dead*
* Arty2 headbangs
Some members may not be interested in these posts you make.For now at least. Arty2 has also made a post about Lilicove Lady but he's not complaining even though almost noone answered his thread. Some are just bored since they don't hop around madly saying "POKEMON!POKEMON!You hou!" and some others haven't even reached Lilycove yet(me for example and I think you too Eraleas).
Just try to be patient. Everything takes time. Just as admins make sure that whenever someone decides to enter this site, he/she will also find something to talk about.That's all
I was just hoping for everyone to make their own threads, not reply to mine. I'm just trying to improve this so that people start talking and knowing each other.

I'm not complaining; I'm simply open to ideas of how to improve this.

Ya know, many other forums are quite popular and believe me, the main sites are crappy. This is just the opposite! Oh well... We can't have it all, can we? Big Grin
That's the spirit!
8)
You know, you should "advertise" yourself to have more members who will be probably intersted.
Advertising is not easy in the net as so many sites for the same subject exist.
After all, advertising can become annoying after some point.
If you want the forum to be more active you have to promote it, and to try to create a community. Although Legendary Pokémon is a great site (first time I entered I really Enjoyed it, it's all about the same things I like about Pkmn), it hasn't got a big community around it, and so its forums aren't widely used.

I don't know anything about your Greek talks ( ^_^U ), so perhaps there's the community, and I don't know if there are a lot of Greek Pkmn fans around there you can try to attract to this forum, but English sites have such a bizarre competition it's quite difficult to win them.

And, bearing in mind that most forum users doesn't usually change forum very often, once they've joined spp (or whatever) its very difficult to make them come here.

Once you've created a community you have a "virtuous circle" that will make all forum users visit your site more often, therefore making both (site and forum) more famous, and therefore strengthening the community.

The key is how to start creating a community... a group of friends, inviting their friends at the time, trying to be as active as possible, trying to be different in topics, in structure, in use of the forum even, avoiding bad humour and fights, having a fair control system, promotion (through the site, quotes where pemitted)... but the main thing is not to desperate and always look forward to make your community bigger ^_^.
So what do you think of the Forums' brand new look?
I think it's kinda cool and the new program installed rocks!
Eraleas Wrote:So what do you think of the Forums' brand new look?
I think it's kinda cool and the new program installed rocks!
It's not just cool...It's perfect!Much better than the last one!Big Grin
I agree! Very good job!!!
You need to appeal to a broader audience, and get some masters in particular fields to help other trainers. Although the site is a great spot to get info, it wastes a window, and some computer space and some loading times...

If you want some ideas from me, PM me, or ask for me to post more...
this site needs to be more interesting and exiting, and there need to be more "aliviness"!
i know oo8 but we are busy persons with uni and school... Summer is near and we'll be able to work on it more. But not at the time being.
I'm 4 days a member and I have already 26 posts posted (including this), and sometimes I see others with the same number, and they're member since 2005
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's