Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: The fastest ape you will ever meet!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

I know Shaymin-S has become the new centerpiece of Pokemon Platinum. I have noticed more and more Choice Scarf Heatrans with appearing on Shoddy, probably to counter Shaymin-S. I was thinking about other possible counters(apart ftom the ones I already posted on the DP tier list thread and Blissey), and the first one that came to mind was Infernape. Sure, Infernape is a versatile threat, but i was wondering if it would be a good idea to give it a Choice Scarf as well and outrun Shaymin-S. I would have it go something like this:

CS Ape
- Flamethower
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast / Close Combat
- HP Ice / Stone Edge
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest or Rash / Mild
EVs: 252 SAtk / 184 HP / 72 Spd or 252 SAtk / 184 Atk / 72 Spd

The bolded moves should go with the bolded natures and EVs.

The only reason I would suggest a mixed set is because it will enfuriate your opponents when their special wall is OHKOed or 2KOed. The suggested EVs will give it 405 speed, allowing it to outrun the Speed Freaks at 394 speed, and Choice Scarf Heracross. It will also allow Shaymin-S will be OHKOed by Flamethrower, and Close Combat will 2KO Blissey easily (and will be likely OHKOed if weakened by a little more 100 HP.)

What do you guys think?

Edit: Changed EVs to allow this guy to outrun CS Heracross, and fixed a grammatical error.
Not bad. Not bad at all. I'd choose the mixed set 'cause it seems better to me and also give him some more Speed so it can outrun CS Heracross and KO with Flamethrower. I may add it in the PotW when I get to fix Infernape for DP. Wink
I realized a while ago Charizard is actually the perfect counter to Shaymin-S and Choice Heracross. The set below would be perfect:

ScarfZard
- Overheat
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Hidden Power [Grass] / Air Slash
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Defl

Charizard can switch in on any of Shaymin-S' three main attacks (Air Slash, Seed Flare, and Earth Power) and survive. He strikes Shaymin-S the next turn with Overheat and OHKOs him. Overheat alos OHKOs Metagross and Heracross. Dragon Pulse will likely OHKO Salamance with Stealth Rock support. Focus Blast hits Tyranitar and Heatran for super-effective damage. Hidden Power [Ground] will cause a lot of damage to several Pokemon slower than Charizard, particulaly Jolteon, Infernape, the rare Electrode and Tentacruel. Hidden Power [Grass] hits the Waters for Super Effective Damage and Air Slash gets STAB and is for those too bored to breed for a Hidden Power.
(18-11-2008 02:22 AM)ExplorerAce Wrote: [ -> ]I realized a while ago Charizard is actually the perfect counter to Shaymin-S and Choice Heracross. The set below would be perfect:

ScarfZard
- Overheat
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Hidden Power [Grass] / Air Slash
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Defl

Charizard can switch in on any of Shaymin-S' three main attacks (Air Slash, Seed Flare, and Earth Power) and survive. He strikes Shaymin-S the next turn with Overheat and OHKOs him. Overheat alos OHKOs Metagross and Heracross. Dragon Pulse will likely OHKO Salamance with Stealth Rock support. Focus Blast hits Tyranitar and Heatran for super-effective damage. Hidden Power [Ground] will cause a lot of damage to several Pokemon slower than Charizard, particulaly Jolteon, Infernape, the rare Electrode and Tentacruel. Hidden Power [Grass] hits the Waters for Super Effective Damage and Air Slash gets STAB and is for those too bored to breed for a Hidden Power.

I do like this Charizard. When everybody expects to see the common Bellyzard, this guy will appear and use special attacks not only OHKOing mayor threads but also surprising the opponent. The only problem is that it will have to switch out really often because of choice scarf and the sp attack lowering effect of overheat. Anyway, I find it a nice strategy!! Big Grin
Reference URL's