Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Rainy Days !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rainy Days

[Image: Spr_b_g4_386S.png]

Deoxys Speed @ Damp Rock
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
EV’s: 252 HP, 252 Spd
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock

I actually hate Deoxys but it’s the best lead I have try. It has the fastest Taunt in the game if I am not wrong. I set up Rain and Reflect if I can and send out Kabutops or Gorebyss (it depends on the foes Pokemon).

[Image: Spr_b_g4_141.png]

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Swift Swim
EV’s: 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Sword Dance

Really cool Pokemon but only in Rain. My Main Physical Sweeper, it can OHKO many Pokes suck as Gyarados, Salamence if I am lucky with Stone Edge and I need help here ( if someone can do damage calculators for Rock Slide. I will be able to OHKO them?). X-Scissor is for Grass and Swampert. I have never used Sword Dance so I am looking for the 4th move.

[Image: Spr_b_g4_368.png]

Gorebyss @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EV’s: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Electric

My main Special Sweeper. It can OHKO almost everything if I am not wrong except Suicune and Vaporeon. I prefer Gorebyss over Omanstar because it can learn Psychic which is for the Fighting and is cuter .

[Image: Spr_b_g4_272_m.png]

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
Nature: Modest
EV’s: 152 HP, 104 Spd, 252 SAtk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Rain Dance

My second Rain set up. Which can sweep really effectively even without Life Orb. Is here for the set up , because I like it and it can KO the balky Waters Suicune, Vaporeon, Milotic, Swampert.

[Image: Spr_b_g4_211.png]

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Explosion
- Rain Dance

My third Rain set up and is my Unti Shaymin- S and sometimes Scizor.
When Shaymin is in and has kill one of my sweepers I send Qwilfish and if is still Raining then Shaymin is dead with Poison Jab. If rain is stopped then I use Rain Dance , focus sash save me and then kill it. I actually prey that Deoxys can stop the Stealth Rock setup with Taunt and if he try to bring him in later hopefully it will die.

[Image: Spr_b_g4_466.png]

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Well its here to absorb the threatening Electric attacks if the Rain is stopped and I can’t outrun the foe.

It can handle really well the Platinum Changes and untill i now have only 5 loses with this team and 27 wins. ( i keep record xD ).
your team is good,but you have to remove some water type pokemon,because you have so many water type pokemon that they will be an easy threat for electric,grass and other types of pokemon
I like the idea of a weather team, but the weather thing gives the team a major issue. A Sandstorm team, although weak to Water, can just switch in and start a sandstorm, stopping your strategy dead.

And uhh, dude, you have no walls. That is a problem, as a powerful sweeper such as DD-Tar will not only change the weather, but switch in and proceed to KO. Even thought it is weak to water, if it has a focus sash, it will take a hit, have a DD and kick your team's behind.

Deoxys- Change Reflect with Light Screen. Kabutops and Gorebyss do not need more Defense, they need it more on the special side.
You could also consider putting some EVs into HP and steal some from Speed, as it will only need 462 Speed under any circumstance.

Kabutops- Just fine. I would stay with Stone Edge, as it is stable enought to take a hit after Light Screen and its stats. It also outdamages Rock Slide over 8 turns. Of course, Rock Slide is still an option.
Keep Swords Dance. I think there will be a situation where you will need the extra oomph. If you really, really, really want to change it, change it with Night Slash or Aerial Ace.
Change the EVs to 252 Atk/ 108 Spd / 148 HP. The EVs in speed will allow you to outspeed an Adamant T-tar without Rain Dance.

Gorebyss- You will want to have Max Speed EVs to outrun CS Heracross after Rain Dance, just so you know. Shadow Ball over Psychic is also an option.

Ludicolo- It's just a waste of a darn good Special wall. I would recommend this:
Ludicolo
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed / Grass Knot
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 204 HP / 104 Spd / 76 SAtk / 124 SDef
**Complete credit to Smogon for the moveset
It still gives you the Rain Support you want, but the stability to prevent SpecsMence from OHKOing with Draco Meteor. It is also strong enough to OHKO Mence with Ice Beam. This should help a bit with your wall problem too.

Qwilfish- Its fine, but i would not use it to counter Scizor. Waterfall is not that dangerous to Scizor, which has a high Physical Defense (Base 120 I believe.)

Electivire- Its fine. Cross Chop over Brick Break is an option.

Other- As I stated before, you need walls. You have a Special Wall if you take my suggestion for Ludicolo, but you still must have a physical Wall. I would go with this:
Swampert
- Avalanche / Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Refresh
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk

The jist of this set is to wall physical T-tar, Electivire, and DD-Mence. These guys would give you team major issues without Swampert. It also includes Stealth Rock, which you did not have before.

Once again, I see great risk with idea of a Rain Dance team. A Speed Boosting Nature, DD-Mixtar will own this team. Under this scenario, there is nothing you can really do to stop it without a good Tank in place of Deoxys. But I know you do not want to lose your lead, so I will leave that alone. But again, you still take that risk with Mix-tar.
Generally, I agree with most things ExplorerAce said.

Deoxys - It will rarely get to use Reflect or Psychic, especially Psychic. A lead Deoxys isn't made to attack. I'd suggest you replace it with Stealth Rock or Spikes just so you get an entry hazard. I'd go with Stealth Rock, Rain Dance, Taunt and Light Screen.

Kabutops - Leave it as it is.

Gorebyss - As ExplorerAce said, Shadow Ball is an option. Imo, a better one since you are using it in OU. It hits Dusknoir which can threaten with T-punch and Shadow Sneak (Deoxys).

Ludicolo - One of the best annoyers in the rain. Go for the set ExplorerAce suggested, with Leftovers over Damp Rock and Rain Dish as a trait. Great healing along with Leech Seed.

Qwilfish and Electivire - Cool. You also got my respect for using Qwilfish, I loved this Pokémon in Advance...

Btw, I think this team has a problem with the common Bronzong lead. I assume you would Taunt it in turn 1. If it predicts and hits with Gyro Ball, Deoxys is in trouble (I haven't done the calcs but I think it will be an OHKO). Then, you are stuck without Rain Dance and with one Pokémon less, against something that can Hypnosis whatever comes in. A switch to Ludicolo as it Gyro Balls and a Rain Dance before it uses Hypnosis will give you the rain but your only bulky Pokémon will be asleep. Consider adding a Bronzong counter, maybe Magnezone. You can also give it a Thunderdancing set, due to the rain-themed team. More.
I did everything you told me guys and thank you.
But Magnezone doesn't help me. he 2HKO by Earthquake from Bronzong and i hit him for 35% (Shoddy) with Thunder. Magnet Rise should have helped but i wasn't lucky enough and i got sleep.And i had problem with Blissey because i usually send E-Vire to kill her.(btw i replaced E-vire for Magnezone i couldn't replace any other)
Ludicolo help me better as it is than the Rain Dish Strategy.

Deoxys with Stealth Rock, Light Screen, Taunt and Rain Dance is really cool.
Gorebyss is better with Shadow Ball too.

Oh and Ninjomewtwo Qwilfish rocks Big Grin
get rid of one water pokemon
Well,I think he has already made all changes he wanted to do after all this time,and it is also a Rain Dance team,which means a lot of water types.
Isn't Deoxys uber ( speed mode )? Ok. I'd suggest Aerodactyl. Nice speed 394. It can learn Stealth Rock and you can also get rid of annoying starters sometimes.

Aerodactyl - Jolly
@Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ev's : 6 HP/ 252 ATT/ 252 SPD
Moveset : Thunder Fang
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock
Fire Fang
Well,Deoxys is in this team for the rain and the screen I guess,and I think Aerodactyl cannot do these 2 things.
hmmmmmm, your teams seems could at agressive strategy, but as EA rightfully said, you have no walls, i would kick out quilfish for a tentacruel specail wall, because specs attacks are wht your threat is gunna b
Reference URL's