Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Dance of the Rain.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: dpmfa211.png]
Qwilfish
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk/4 HP/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rain Dance
- Explosion
- Waterfall
- Taunt

[Image: 141.png]
Kabutops @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Brick Break

[Image: 272.png]
Ludicolo @ Leftovers
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

[Image: 230.png]
Kingdra @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP/228 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Surf

[Image: 437.png]
Bronzong @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/130 Atk/128 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake/ Stealth Rocks
- Hypnosis
- Explosion

[Image: 051.png]
Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash
hmmm,nice team postmanBig Grin
*cracks knuckles*

Deoxys- Trade Recover for Psychic or any Attacking move. Deoxys is not a wall, and apart from setting Stealth Rock and starting the Rain, it is not meant to wall opponents. So run a 252 SAtk / 120 Spd / 136 HP EV spread. This will give Deoxys 462 Speed, enought to outrun a Jolly Ninjask w/o a Speed Boost, which is all the speed Deoxys needs anyway.

Kabutops- Change Timid to Jolly (unless it's just a mistake, which I'm guessing it is.)

Ludicolo- You're in the right direction with this guy. It should be a little more like a wall versus a sweeper. Give it Leech Seed over Grass Knot or Ice Beam, and take some EVs from SAtk and put them into Special defense. The amount should be as much as you deem neccesary.

Kingdra- Again, you're in the right direction, but not quite dead on. Life Orb, Expert Belt, and a Petaya Berry are options over Leftovers. Change Ice Beam for Dragon Pulse. Dragon Pulse gets a STAB and hits all OU dragons for Super Effective Damage. I would give Kingdra the Petaya Berry if you plan on having Substitute. It gives Kingdra even more power than before, so even those that resist Surf will be hit for considerable Damage. If you do not want Subs, teach it Rain Dance.

Bronzong- It's cool.

Dugtrio- The moveset is fine. You could consider it for another pokemon if you wanted.

Other Stuff- I swear, you have one of the best Rain Dance Teams I have seen. No one is weak to Stealth Rock, you have Stealth Rock to lay down, you have at least 3 Rain Dancers, a Physical (and hopefully Special) wall, and a wide variety of sweepers. The only issue, which I have and will clearly state, are the new weather changers. Hippowdon, T-tar, and Abomasnow will change the weather and proceed to kick butt or switch out. But again, this is one of the best Rain Dance Teams I have seen.
Ludicolo is better utilized using an offensive moveset, since with three Pokemon dedicated to supporting Rain Dance I will need all the muscle I can get. I also need Dugtrio to help take out Blissey, Tyranitar, and Tenta.

I'll try a different set on Kingdra, most likely mixed.
Postman Wrote:Ludicolo is better utilized using an offensive moveset, since with three Pokemon dedicated to supporting Rain Dance I will need all the muscle I can get. I also need Dugtrio to help take out Blissey, Tyranitar, and Tenta.

I beg to differ on the Ludicolo part, but hey, you decide in the end.

Dugtrio will do squat against Blissey. Blissey will be likely 3KOed by EQ, and because Shaymin-S is still an OU (even though there is the defense drop with Seed Flare, Blissey holds up very well), a lot more Blissey will have Ice Beam (I have also seen more on Shoddy lately.) So using him against Blissey is a bad idea.

About the other 2...

T-tar is a prime target to revenge kill IF you see Stone Edge. Most Mix-Tar set will carry Crunch, and the common Mix-tar will have Ice Beam, leaving Dugtrio in shambles if played incorrectly. T-tar is also not OHKOed by EQ with its magnificent Defense. It is 2KOed, however.

Tentacruel is fine. It is slow and will be OHKOed defeinitley if hit by EQ.
I don't play Platinum Metagame, so the chances of seeing Blissey with Ice Beam is pretty low as Seismic Toss is a better choice. Standard Blissey is 2HKO'd by CB Earthquake.

Mix-Tar, which is 1hko'd by Earthquake, gives no problem to this team... Dugtrio is used to revenge kill CBTar and DD tar.

Only the bulky 252 HP Tyranitar is not OHKO by CB Jolly Earthquake but are by Adamant.

CBTrio vs 252 HP Tyranitar - 326 - 386 (80.69% - 95.54%)
About the Blissey Part:

Damage done to a Standard Blissey by an EQ:
350 (322 ~ 379).
(LP's Damage Calc)
This means Blissey is slightly more likely to be 3KOed than 2KOed. Even if you get it down to 1 HP after 2 EQs, it is not dead.
CB Jolly Dugtrio vs Standard Blissey: 412 (53.61% - 63.29%)
With or without Stealth Rocks it's a 2hko.
Guys, this depends on what you consider to be a standard Blissey... Others go with 252/252 in HP and Def., not being 2HKOed while others go with just 148 HP/252 Def. while others go with 0 HP/252 Def. So don't take what you think of standard as standard.

By the way, the team is quite nice. I don't really like Dugtrio as a Pokémon, even though its a nice Revenge Killer. Also, I'd go with Gyro Ball over EQ on Bronzong. What's to be hit by EQ is already covered by Dugtrio's one and Kabutops' BB. But pretty good overall.
The standard and most effective is
Calm 252 Def/ 252 SpDef.

Bold 252 HP, 252 SpDef Blissey is so outdated and can't even wall effectively. Alakazam, Gengar, Lucario all KO it with Focus Blast...
With calm you only lose 20 def but gain almost 100 spdef.

@Ninjomewtwo: Yea, I have Earthquake on it for the fact that it kills Magnezone. If it sets up Substitute and Magnet Rise it could be a huge threat. It's also good for Heatran (if rain is up). I might try Gyro Ball though.
When I refer to a Standard Blissey, I was reffering to the 252 HP, 252 Def spread. I have just been very simple-minded recently...

I am also aware of the Focus Blasters, but the accuracy of that move is horrible, so its seems like every other turn you have a chance to recover.

And btw, Lucario will be more likely seen with Aura Sphere if it runs a special set (for accuracy purposes.) And anyway, Lucario will most likely run a Physical Set, despite its whopping 11 point higher SAtk. Toungue
(23-10-2008 11:37 PM)ExplorerAce Wrote: [ -> ]I am also aware of the Focus Blasters, but the accuracy of that move is horrible, so its seems like every other turn you have a chance to recover.
Yea, but don't you think Blissey should be able to take a non STAB Focus Blast?

(23-10-2008 11:37 PM)ExplorerAce Wrote: [ -> ]And btw, Lucario will be more likely seen with Aura Sphere if it runs a special set (for accuracy purposes.) And anyway, Lucario will most likely run a Physical Set, despite its whopping 11 point higher SAtk. Toungue

Specs Aura Sphere Lucario will 2hko a Bold 252 HP, 252 Def Blissey.
A Close Combat will OHKO a Bold 252 HP, 252 Def Blissey.
What's the point in having so much defense when it's not helping you?

Calm 252 Def 252 SpDef can actually wall all +1 Special hits and takes the same hits as Bold Blissey.
postman Wrote:What's the point in having so much defense when it's not helping you?

It does help.The guaranteed 2KO from a Jolly CB Dugtrio's EQ goes to a likely 3KO. Also, it takes a whopping 700 Atk stat (base 100 power, neutral effective and STABed) OHKO a slightly weakened Blissey, and an 863 Atk stat to guarantee an OHKO on a Blissey at full health. (A max Def / max HP Blissey we are talking about.)

postman Wrote:Yea, but don't you think Blissey should be able to take a non STAB Focus Blast?
postman Wrote:Bold 252 HP, 252 SpDef Blissey is so outdated and can't even wall effectively. Alakazam, Gengar, Lucario all KO it with Focus Blast...

It can take unSTABed Focus Blasts and it can wall effectively. A Modest, Max IV, Max SAtk CS Alakazam will probably 2KO, but it's accuracy (70, which stinks) demotes the chances of that. It has a potential 29% chance of a 2KO, including accuracy (please feel free to check my math.) That is just an insane amount of power and it barely succeeds. One out of four tries will 2KO, and then you have to include Wish / Softboiled, so that is just not good for Focus Blast users.

The only special sweeper I am aware of that can OHKO Blissey is Porygon-Z, and maybe a CM Kazam with 2 CMs (but that is unlikely.) Feel free to post if you have another Special Sweeper that can.
What ever, I really don't care what Blissey set you use. (not trying to be rude x])

I made some changes to the team.
Im with EA, defense EVs are a must on any blissey and focus blast is very innacurrate, and will still only 3HKO a Blissey with 252 HP
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's