Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Half-fighting team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, people. I need to make a team which has 3 fighting pokemon for a... uh... tourney. Would you please rate my team?

Lucario
Jolly@Focus Sash/Life Orb
Steadfast
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch

I don´t know if I should choose Focus Sash or Life Orb... Life Orb will make a SDed Extremespeed deadly, but Focus Sash will allow me to use SD at least once. Crunch is for ghosts which are imune to Extremespeed and Close Combat.

Spiritomb
Relaxed@Leftovers
Pressure
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SDef
- Will-o-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Pain Split

Will-o-Wisp will make Spiritomb´s physical resistance even greater. Calm Mind will make its special defence good as well (and boost SAtk too Toungue). I´ve chosen Dark Pulse instead of Psychic or Shadow Ball ´cause there´s no type immune to dark, like there is to psychic and ghost.

Starmie
Timid@Expert Belt
Natural Cure
6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Special sweeper and rapid spinner. I wanted to use a stealth rocker too, but I had no idea about which pokemon I should replace...

Infernape
Jolly@Life Orb/Lum Berry
Blaze
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Thunderpunch
- Earthquake

A physical sweeper with nice coverage. Life Orb may slowly kill Infernape, but it may activate Blaze earlier, at least Toungue Or should I try Lum Berry? I was thinking about Focus Sash, but since I´m using Flare Blitz, this looks stupid.

Blissey
Bold@Leftovers
Natural Cure
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SDef
- Seismic Toss
- Counter
- Shadow Ball
- Aromatherapy

Yeah, I know what you´re thinking. "No Softboiled?" Nope. In the tourney, I can´t use recovery moves. =/ Shadow Ball is for ghosts that aren´t affected by Counter and Seismic Toss.

Breloom
Adamant@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

A basic Breloom... I love it ^^ I´ve chosen Seed Bomb for STAB. I don´t like Facade, because if I used it, any ghost would stall my Breloom.
Lucario- Cool beans. I always like the Reversal set, as it OHKO's everything that dies not resisit it.

Spiritomb- I guess it is OK. I have always found it hard to find a set for him.

Starmie- It's god a great ability to be a counter to several Pokemon, ie. Infernape, Salamance, and Gyrados. I would give it some EP's in HP to increase survivability so it can switch in on one of these beasts of the Metagame. (Take some of the EPs from Speed [only needs 216,] and a little from Special attack [Just leave enough so it can OHKO Gyrados with a T-Bolt]) Expert Belt is a fine Item; I concluded Gyrados cannot be guaranteed to OHKO w/o it.

Infernape- Change EQ for something else. EQ covers what everything else already has. Instead, chnage it to Stone Edge. (If you are playing Platinum Metagame, consider a CS Ape to rid of Shaymin-S, as well as threats from DP!) Also, I find I can olny get off Three LO boosted Flare Blitzes. Fire Punch is always an option if you want it to survive.

Blissey- No problem.

Breeloom- Cool. You could change Substitute for Facade if you are not afraid of Sleep-Talkers or Insomniacs.

In general- It is a good team. Not much can really hurt it.
I quite like it. I think that you should make Starmie more defensive as ExplorerAce said. The standard Timid with 160 HP/134 SpAtk/216 Speed is probably the best EV spread. I'd also give it Recover over one of the offensive moves depending on what you wanna hit.

Btw, I suggest you lead with Spiritomb. The reason is that it has no weakness and it can easily take a hit by the opposing lead while burning a physical lead or CMing up against a special. Another reason is so that Lucario doesn't lead. That way, you should pull off your SD on their switch, not caring about Focus Sash and going with Life Orb.

Finally, since Blissey has no Softboiled, don't give her Counter. Just switch out of physical moves. And give her Stealth Rock instead, when nothing else can set it, Blissey can.
Reference URL's