Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: New team. Please rate it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I have been working hard on my team lately and I want to see how you guys like it. (This may not be my actual team right now, but it is my team in the near future.)

Lead: Swampert
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Curse
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 152 SDef / 104 Atk

I have no idea what to have for a lead so if anyone has any suggestions on what should lead, post it.
This is my Curse-pert. I would only switch it out if a Grass type was in. A curse or 2 will make it very sturdy and quite powerful.

Espeon
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind
Item: Wise Glasses / Life Orb (It depends)
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP

Look, I know Espeon is inferior to Alakazam and Azelf and what not, but it is one of my favorites and I really like it. I do have an Azelf which I can integrate if I want to.

Dragonite
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Waterfall
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

This is DD-Nite. After one DD, a lot of pokemon will tremble at its very presence. I was thinking of EQ over Waterfall and Thunderpunch over Fire Punch, but I want your ideas.

Vaporeon
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Ice Beam / HP Electric (suggestions?)
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 SDef / 188 HP / 68 SAtk

This guy walls well and gives Wish support, something the mighty Blissey cannot do without and event. I have a little indesicion over HP Electric or Ice Beam, for each covers a different foe.

Rhyperior
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Megahorn
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Atk

He is my Physical Wall, and his ability is just sickly good. These four attacks really scare all pokemon with his sky-high attack stat and powerful moves.

Tyranitar
- Dragon Dance
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 SAtk / 248 Spd/ 8 Atk

After the faster sweepers on the opposing team are gone, this guy is an absolute beast. The walls do not want to switch in and be OHKOed or 2KOed. And it is my favorite, if the signature does not give it away.

I know I do need Stealth Rock, I just do not know where to incorperate it. I would take suggestions, so feel free to post replies.
First of all congratulations on choosing your favorite Espeon instead of an OU Pokemon!
About your lead Swampert: What if your opponent's leading Pokemon is a special sweeper? With 252 Eps in HP Swampert is sturdy but a strong special sweeper will be able to do a lot of damage. A Hypnosis Gengar is quite popular for a starter and in adition to hypnosis he could possibly have Energy Ball. I don't know what kind of Pokemon you want for a starter, but if you want it to be tankish, use something that can do well in both sides (Spiritomb for example).
You could use Outrage on Dragonit for more power but I don't know if you like it.
Consider putting Swords Danse on Rhyperior instead of one attack (choose the one that you think you will less need)
Tyranitar is a very good Pokemon but the Sandstorm is going to hurt your pokemon as well.
Pretty good team, I don't have much to say.

Since Swampert is the lead, I think that it shouldn't be a CursePert and it should just set Stealth Rock (which your team lacks) and just hit after that if it can. Anyway, I don't really like Swampert so I can't say much.
Espeon ain't bad. Consider Baton Pass over one of the offensive moves for passing CMs to Tyranitar when stuck. After one or two CMs, Tyranitar is unbeatable.
Dragonite. The set I'd choose would be DD, Outrage, EQ and Fire Punch. I also suggest Lum Berry for using Outrage with no fear of confusion or avoiding a random Hypnosis by Bonzong/Gengar.
Vaporeon. HP Electric over Ice Beam, you already have 3 Ice-type moves on your team.
Rhyperior's perfect. As Blue said, SD in an option but since it's more of a wall Pokémon, I prefer your set too.
T-tar's also perfect, respect for using that Mix-Tar set.

Nice team overall, I may try it on Shoddy some time.
Thanks for the help first off.

Ninjomewtwo Wrote:Espeon ain't bad. Consider Baton Pass over one of the offensive moves for passing CMs to Tyranitar when stuck. After one or two CMs, Tyranitar is unbeatable.

Honestly, I have loved Espeon as a Special Sweeper since GSC, so I really do not want to change that. I have been looking into NP Baton Passers, but none of them are outstanding to me (apart from Mew.)

Blue Wrote:About your lead Swampert: What if your opponent's leading Pokemon is a special sweeper? With 252 Eps in HP Swampert is sturdy but a strong special sweeper will be able to do a lot of damage.

Yeah, I remember thinking about that before I made this Swampert. I might just make a Calm Curse-pert with 252 SDef EPs and 252 HP EPs.

Ninjomewtwo Wrote:Since Swampert is the lead, I think that it shouldn't be a CursePert and it should just set Stealth Rock (which your team lacks) and just hit after that if it can.

I did not forget, do not worry. I will teach it Stealth Rock over Waterfall when I make my third Swampert (One was CB-pert, the Curse-pert is the one shown here. :P) I am aware of the Gengar leads and I will try to find a counter for them.

Blue Wrote:You could use Outrage on Dragonite for more power but I don't know if you like it.

I think the moves with confusion are bad on a stat boosting set. The only time I find it worthwhile is on a Choice set, as you will be switching out more. Also, your stat boosts do not go to waste.

And about Rhyperior:
I will use SD (Thank goodness I have not trained it yet.) Now about the moveset, I do have three moves, but I am not sure if they are the best. They are Earthquake, Avalanche, and Fire Punch.

Blue Wrote:Tyranitar is a very good Pokemon but the Sandstorm is going to hurt your pokemon as well.

Yeah, but it will help Rhyperior set up and wall, and I do use T-tar as a powerful late game sweeper, so I minimize damage to my own Pokes.
Again, thanks for the help.
well,your team is good,but I think that you have to do lots of changes to your team,because swampert,phyperior,vaporeon and tyranitar may be an easy threat for fighting and grass type pokemon.Wink
Nice team,I'm going to give some suggestions for some of your pkmns(they maybe suck)
Swampert:For not afraid Grass pkmn,put him a Rindo berry you'll probably survive and revenge kill with Avalance.
Rhyperior:Since you're probably use it after T-tar i think it would be greater something like this:
nature:Sassy
EV's:252 HP/Sp.Def,6 Attk
moves:
Curse
RockSlide
Earthquake
Avalance
This Rhyperior in the SS has over 300 Sp.Def so it has time for at least 1 Curse,after that i think is unstopable
For the rest of your team dont have something now,may i'll edit this post if i think something
Chaos714 Wrote:well,your team is good,but I think that you have to do lots of changes to your team,because swampert,phyperior,vaporeon and tyranitar may be an easy threat for fighting and grass type pokemon.

I understand your point, which is completely valid, but with 4 moves that are super-effective against grass, they would need to think twice about switching in. And about Fighting, Rhyperior is actually x1.33 times weak rather than x2, due to its "Rock Solid" (I know, bad pun) ability. And besides, Espeon makes any fighting type scared to death.

Garam Wrote:Swampert:For not afraid Grass pkmn,put him a Rindo berry you'll probably survive and revenge kill with Avalance.

I'll admit, I didn't think of that. The only problem is that losing Leftovers recovery on a pokemon without a recovery move (Barring Rest-Talk,) it is a huge price to pay.

About the Sandstorm part...
I did consider Curse-Perior at one point, but I will stick with SD. I will, however, allocate 84 EVs into SDef to allow Rhyperior to hit 250 SDef in a sandstorm, and then his ability will allow him to wall... He is just awesome.
Well, you could use the rindo berry in case you play with Item Clause. (Item Clause is one of the Clauses I like)
pretty good but weak to grass
The grass weakness is made up for in the movesets. I have 3 pokemon using Ice type moves and Dragonite has Fire Punch. Really, the move typings make up for the Weakness here.
hmm, your team is good dut what are you going to do when an Alacazam this comes to the field?

Alacazam
Item: Life orb
Nature: Modest

Attacks:

Psychic
Energy ball
Shadow ball
Focus blast

(this is mine Alacazam)
Send out Dragonite, of course. Alakazam is easy picking for Dragonite.
nice but morning sun + sunny day is nice for espeon

slim pickings

make your tyranitaur pure physical based or throw it out for a grass type such as venasaur
Wetpaint Wrote:nice but morning sun + sunny day is nice for espeon

I used to use that set (like a year or two ago), but Espeon is not a defensive to begin with, so that failed. Also, sandstorm is common in the OU environment, and would ruin Sunny Day's effects and actually make things worse for Morning Sun.

slim pickings Wrote:make your tyranitaur pure physical based or throw it out for a grass type such as venasaur

Firstly, I would never ditch T-tar. Never. He is the core of my team and he is one of my faves.
Now, I have him Mixed because it will surprise the foe: When most people see a Dragon Dance Tyranitar, they think it is a Physical attacker. But when they switch to their physical wall (I use him last so that I know what Physical wall they are using,) I use either Flamethrower or Ice Beam depending on the wall. They are now dead, and T-tar can rip through a whole team. Why? Because a 304 Atk Stat + Dragon Dance + Life Orb + STAB Crunch stings for those that doe not resist it. My point is, DDMixTar is brutal for someone who does not suspect it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's