Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Changes...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys!! I've not played pokemon for about 5 months neither have I visited the site to check for new updates. So I would like someone to inform me about the changes that have been made so far in metagame 'cause I've decided to re involve myself with POkemon.
Well, have the pokemon we considered as the standard/greatest ones in each role changed?
Also has the change on the base stats in pokemon platinum affected the whole thing??

Your lights please... ToungueRolleyes
Welcome to the Platinum Metagame. I think summarizing it is really hard, but in short, there are new move tutors providing awesome moves like Seed Bomb, Outrage, the Elemental Punches, etc. This gives certain DP Pokemon the elemental Punches, as well as some of the old ones (Charizard got T-punch.) Serebii is the source I would recommend for those. Skymin (Shaymin-S) has appeared on the scene. It has base 127 Spd and base 120 SAtk and there is dispute over whether it should be an uber or not. Its two STAB moves, Air Slash and Seed Flare, are nasty with its ablilty. Seed Flare drops the foe's SDef and Air Slash has a 60% chance of a Flinch. About the Stat-change part: I do not think any pokemon apart from those that changed forms got different stats. The only major role change was Shaymin-S. It went from a zero to a hero in a day.

Lucario is a good example of one that benefits from these changes. Swords Dance along with Ice Punch and Steadfast, make it a better sweeper than the already good one it was. Giratina-O I dont think is that great, but that is totally opinion. So welcome back to Pokemon!
Thank you very much for your time and info...
So I can continue training my Pokemon in diamond... For example I have a BP Ninjask, quite useful in dp metagame I would say, and I think that this hasn't changed in pokemon platinum. And other pokemon like a S.Sw Gengar and Salamence (that are already lvl100) will have the same role and importance in platinum, right??
Gengar is the same: Salamence is the same. Salamence might be more risky to use, due to all the Ice and Stone moves appearing due to Shaymin-S.

In short, yes, they are the same.
ExplorerAce said almost everything, I don't have much to add. The only thing you should be aware of are the new moves that have become famous since Platinum's release. Bullet Punch Scizor is probably the most dangerous. Heat Wave on any flying Pokémon, and more importantly Zapdos. Trick on most Psychic-types. The elemental punches for Gyarados, Salamence and Scizor coverage or random Pokémon, etc.
And of course, there's Shaymin-S, STAB Air Slash with 60% flinch rate ain't a joke.
i didnt know it was 60%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God i thoght it was just insane hax
Reference URL's