Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Another RMT!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if you guys have heard about the Smogon Frontier, but I am going to sign up as soon as a slot opens and try my best. I am trying to assemble one of the best teams for this challenge, so I would like to have you guys rate it and give suggestions. It is similar to other teams I have used in the past, but it is a little different.

Aerodactyl
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def

My lead. I use him as a "suicide lead" rather than an SR and run. I set down SR or Taunt, depending on who is out for the opponent. I usually get to attack twice, and then the opponent's lead is gone. I do not care if he faints or fights longer.

Dusknoir
- Pain Split
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- ThunderPunch
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Atk

This guy is the wall of all physical walls. Weezing is about as good as him, but Dusknoir is easier for me to switch in. This is the run-of-the-mill Dusknoir set. Shadow Sneak allows for priority, and T-punch takes care of Gyrados, a dominant threat.

Vaporeon
- Wish
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Protect
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 SDef / 188 HP / 68 SAtk

This is my special wall. I hear a lot about how much better Blissey is, but Vaporeon can attack with conisderable force; much harder than what Blissey can dish out. He also gets Wish (not that Blissey doesn't) which is quite handy. On top of that, I just like him.

Heatran
- Overheat
- Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power [Electric] (I'm having problems with Water types: I need some suggestions.)
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def

I was using Charizard, but I was having issues with Ghosts, so I got Heatran and taught him Dark Pulse. He also finishes Shaymin-S quite well.

Metagross
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
Item: Leichi Berry
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 188 Spd / 68 HP

I absolutely loooove Metagross. I will change very little, if any. He is a miracle worker for my team. Read my post in the Battle Log thread to find out why. EDIT: Not only has he done it once, he did it for me twice! Metagross is OHKOed by virtually nothing, so Leichi Berry is activated, and on top of Agility, it makes him unstoppable for a late-game sweep.

Celebi
- Trick
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Heal Bell
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Spd / 54 SAtk / 148 SDef

It looks like a waste of a Celebi, but it ain't. The Speed EVs allow Celebi to outrun all Base 120 Pokemon. The 148 SDef EVs give it 300 SDef and it has Max HP, making it very stable. Trick give my opponent's wall a needless item to them, and I get Leftovers (or something good for defensive Pokemon). Heal Bell allows Celebi to act as a Cleric, which my team needs. Grass Knot does considerable damage to most OU Pokemon.

The only problem with the Frontier is that the Brains can talk to one another, so another Brain can make a counter-team. I would likely change, If anything, Heatran for ScarfZard, and change both Vaporeon to HP [Electric] and Metagross to Ice Punch.

What do you guys think?
Reference URL's