Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: possible uu tyranitar counter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
actually im not sure if Golduck is a uu but either way i thimk i found a move set that could beat out tyranitar.

Golduck
focus sash
(someone give me a nature)
252 sp atk - 252 speed - 6 hp

protect
disable
hydro pump / ice beam
substitute

Ok, this is my first time actually to post any pokemon suggestions so please be nice. first thing you do is protect, this will let tyranitar attack so that you can disable it on the next turn, probably an earthquake or crunch. If its a choice anything it will have to be switched out on its third turn assuming its not holding the chopce object that raises speed. After that sub in, i have no idea if it will survive but if it does let me know. The sub will most likley be hit by a crunch or stone edge and possibly survive. then just hydro pump that beast until its gone!!! so how'd i do? I think for a more versityle counter it should know ice beam for Dragons, but alot of them carry yache berrys so im not sure. Again i have not actually tried this but it seems to work on paper, i just really like Golduck and the thought of a pokemon ive never seen mentioned in competitive battling beating out an ubber, god that just sounds awesome =D
also i forgot to put this, Golducks ability should be cloud nine.
You have kind of gotten it, but not quite.

I will say, you chose a very nice Pokemon to counter T-tar, however, I think the moves need a little work. By using Disable, you will likely lock Dragon Dance, which T-tar only needs one of to be incredibly dangerous. Also, why would T-tar be an OU? There is absolutely no reason why it should be a UU; heck, this thing is borderline Uber! If you want to use Golduck to counter T-tar, I would use this set:

Golduck
- Surf
- Hypnosis
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Switch in on T-tar's Dragon Dance, use Hypnosis. Tyranitar is dormant. While it is so, 2KO it with your Surf. Calm Mind makes this guy a threat beyond just countering T-tar. And btw, Tyranitar is not an Uber. Explaination: x4 weakness to Fighting.

But again, why would you use this? There are far better Pokemon for countering T-tar.
Propably because he likes Golduck? I like the way this guy thinks. His moveset many not be the best but he tries OTHER ways than the common ones. I wish more players would think that way.
How about Cross Chop? It´s a sure OHKO. Wink
(07-12-2008 08:21 PM)BLUE Wrote: [ -> ]Propably because he likes Golduck? I like the way this guy thinks. His moveset many not be the best but he tries OTHER ways than the common ones. I wish more players would think that way.

Dude, thank you so miuch for that, your one of the people that made me want to start posting and thinking up new ways to battle. it means alot to me what you said, thanks again.
Another possible option could be hmm

Hitmonlee@Choice Scarf
@252 Attack 252 Speed
Adamant

Close Combat
Earthquake
Mach Punch
Filler (Bulk Up?)

If Hitmonlee is faster (Choice Scarf) and uses CC on Tar,he is finished.
(26-12-2008 11:40 AM)Keratz Wrote: [ -> ]Another possible option could be hmm

Hitmonlee@Choice Scarf
@252 Attack 252 Speed
Adamant

Close Combat
Earthquake
Mach Punch
Filler (Bulk Up?)

thamks dude, im actually training a hitmonlee right now Toungue
Actually forget about bulk up,since 'Lee uses Choice Scarf.
That filler could be anything,I don't remember exactly,can Hitmonlee learn Stone Edge?If yes go with it.
and i know how to counter tyranitar in uu

hitmonchan
ability:iron fist
EVs:252 atk/252 speed/4 hp
adamant nature
moves:
sky uppercut
anything
anything
anything

a hitmonchan with sky uppercut's iron fist boost+STAB=can 2HKO tyranitar
What is the item?I also think a 2HKO is not enough,so I guess you mean OHKO.Even so,Sky Uppercut may just miss.And,how will Hitmonchan switch in?Chaos714 switched in Hitmonchan,Tyranitar used Dragon Dance.Tyranitar used Earthquake,Hitmonchan fainted.I do not think this is the definition of counter.
Actually the only pokes that can safely switch in Tyranitar are the Hitmon's with choice scarf(As far as I am concerned).And chaos,Close Combat is a sure KO and hits 99,6% while sky uppercut is a little more weak and inaccurate.
What is the damage Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee take if they switch in a life orb boosted earthquake?
EDIT:Weezing,also an UU,may not be able to KO Tyranitar,but it can cripple it with Will-o-wisp.
EDIT2:The Choice Scarf Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee cannot counter the Tyranitar sets with Substitute,because while they break the Substitute,they take a hit from a Focus Punch with lowered Defence from Close Combat.Also,if the Tyranitar used somehow predicts the Choice Scarf and Close Combat,it means one free turn of setup for a Ghost type or something with resistane to Fighting.For example,a Gyarados comes in and starts Dragon Dancing.This means another Pokemon to counter.Of course,predicting something like this is difficult,but...
(26-12-2008 11:40 AM)Keratz Wrote: [ -> ]Another possible option could be hmm

Hitmonlee@Choice Scarf
@252 Attack 252 Speed
Adamant

Close Combat
Earthquake
Mach Punch
Filler (Bulk Up?)

Yes but as soono as a t tar sees a hitmonlee hes ovioulsy gonna swithch
i agree, as soon as i see any type of fighting pokemon, then im out with t tar, switch to ghost of summat
I wouldn't switch if my opponent switches into Lucario after i send out Tyranitar.

Cause i'd use Dragon Dance, and unless he has Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave won't OHKO. While i OHKO back with Earthquake.

And, a UU Tyranitar counter = Quagsire.

252 Atk Tyranitar neutral Attack nature Crunch vs. 252 HP and Def w/ Impish nature Quagsire: 27.4% - 32.2% (4HKO i believe, counting Leftovers.)
Same stuff but with Quagsire using Earthquake: 51% - 60.4% (2HKO)
+1 Atk Tyranitar w/ 252 Atk and a neutral Atk nature using Crunch vs. 252 HP and Def w/ Impish nature Quagsire: 40.6% - 48.2%

Hitmontop can switch into anything Tyranitar throws except for Psychic and Intimidate it, outspeed if it's not at +1 Spe and kill it off with Close Combat or a Tech-boosted Mach Punch.
Reference URL's