Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Rate my Team ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, guys! I was building my strategy and I wanted some tips... If you help me, I´d be grateful Smile

Bronzong
Relaxed@Lum Berry
Levitate
252 HP, 100 Atk, 158 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Payback

This Bronzong is a good starter. It can survive anything (except critical hits and OHKO moves), so it´ll surely be able to use Stealth Rock once. Of course, Taunters mess with this... but the common lead Taunters are Azelf, Aerodactyl and Weavile, which die from a single Gyro Ball (if they´re not with Focus Sash).
I like Payback to hit hard ghosts like Dusknoir that aren´t very damaged by Gyro Ball or Earthquake.

Vaporeon
Bold@Leftovers
Water Absorb
252 HP, ? Def, ? SAtk, 10 SDef
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power (electric)
- Wish

Okay, the EVs distribution may seen odd... but the only good Eevee with an electric HP had horrible SDef IV. I gave it 10 EVs on SDef just to make its defences equal. I don´t remember how much Def and SAtk I gave it, though, but its defences are about 211 and SAtk is about 265.

Donphan
Impish@Leftovers
Sturdy
252 HP, 6 Atk, 252 Def
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

My pretty physical wall. Smile With 120 base stat of Atk, it doesn´t need many EVs to be able to hit things hard with Earthquake. Rapid Spin is a must, with all those "Stealth Rockers" around. Knock Off is nice ti take out some foe´s item, like a Weezing´s Black Sludge.

Gengar
Timid@Wide Lens
Levitate
6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

Nothing resist the ghost+fighting combination. Wide Lens is there to make Focus Blast´s accuracy higher. I could also use Thunder instead of Thunderbolt, but I prefer not relying so much in my luck.

Blissey
Bold@Leftovers
Natural Cure
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SDef
- Seismic Toss
- Counter
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled

A rarely seen countering Blissey. It can bring down some physical sweepers by surprise when needed.

Jumpluff
Jolly@Focus Sash
Leaf Guard
252 Atk, 6 Def, 252 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Aerial Ace

My new Jumpluff. Smile Encore isn´t as useful as it was before... but Substitute is prooving to be a better option (based on some tests I´ve been doing).

Well, my team´s problems... are four pokemon:
- Weezing
- Scizor
- Venusaur
- Ludicolo

Specially the later two. Leech Seed can mess up a lot with my pokemon. And Venusaur and Ludicolo are able to kill Jumpluff if another pokemon is already sleeping and there´s sleep clause.
Platinum´s Scizor with Swords Dance, Roost and Bullet Punch are also very troublesome to me... I was thinking about replacing Donphan´s Knock Off with Fire Fang, so I can OHKO Scizors. But Knock Off is been so useful...
What should I do?
(08-12-2008 12:26 AM)Aluado Wrote: [ -> ]Bronzong
Relaxed@Leftovers
Levitate
252 HP, 100 Atk, 158 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Hypnosis/Explosion

Azelf and Aero are always Focus Sash'd when they go for Taunt so I would immediately switch out when facing one with Bronzong. Plus, Azelf can really damage you with Fire Blast. Now, I don't think Payback will do much, after all Bronzong isn't an offensive Pokémon. I'd go with Hypnosis, Explosion being an option if you don't like the 60% accuracy. I also think Leftovers are better since it doesn't have a recovery move.

Vaporeon
Bold@Leftovers
Water Absorb
252 HP, ? Def, ? SAtk, 10 SDef
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power (electric)
- Wish

Good.

Donphan
Impish@Leftovers
Sturdy
252 HP, 6 Atk, 252 Def
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Better. Toungue

Gengar
Timid@Life Orb
Levitate
6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

Without Life Orb, Gengar's power goes really down. Plus, apart from Focus Blast, Wide Lens doesn't help another move. Should you used Hypnosis, it would be better.

Blissey
Bold@Leftovers
Natural Cure
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SDef
- Seismic Toss
- Counter
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled

Good, though I never go with both Seismic Toss and Counter. However, you always do, so ok. Toungue

Jumpluff
Jolly@Focus Sash
Leaf Guard
252 Atk, 6 Def, 252 Spd I'll suppose you made a mistake here, wanting to type 252 HP instead of Atk.
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Aerial Ace

Signature Pokémon needs no changes.

If you insist on using these Pokémon, I don't have anything to add. However, I think you lack some power in this team. You don't have a real sweeper apart from Gengar. Donphan and Vaporeon are both defensive Pokémon. I'd say you take out Vaporeon for some physical sweeper that can take care of the Pokémon you mentioned. I don't know what though. Infernape popped first in my mind, but I think the sweeper should be kinda bulky since your walls don't have recovery moves (Bronzong and Donphan). I'll think about it another time though, I don't have time now.
What he said. Defensively weak Leads are almost always Sashed from my experience, so do not think you can OHKO then with Gyro Ball.

About Donphan- I doubt Fire Fang will OHKO Scizor. I would not recommend it. Instead, I would go with what NM2 said and get a Fire type Physical sweeper, maybe Infernape?
Thanks for your help! Well, I know that Focus Sash can always stop my Gyro Balls, or other things to do a OHKO. But it´s nice to see Aerodactyls and some other stuff wasting a turn using Taunt while they´re being attacked. Toungue Although that doesn´t work well with Azelfs...
Unfortunately, I decided not to teach sleep inducing moves to other pokemon than Jumpluff ´cause this Jumpluff´s strategy is beaten if Jumpluff can´t make a foe sleep. Jumpluff´s EVs are really 252 in Atk this time. With Substitute, Jumpluff needs the less HP as possible, in order to Leech Seeds recover all energy lost during Substitute.
It´s hard to me to decide which pokemon I should replace... Bronzong has a lot of resistance and is my Stealth Rocker. Donphan and Blissey are sturdy walls. Vaporeon has the Wish support. Gengar is my best sweeper and Jumpluff won´t ever be taken out Toungue
You could give Leftovers to Jumpluff so that it recovers almost all HP from Substitute,but you will lose the valuable Focus Sash.
Yeah... and I like Focus Sash because Jumpluff´ll be able to survive once if Sleep Powder misses. And I can freely switch to Jumpluff without being worry about if it will or will not survive to its foe´s attack.
you need more muscle. put in a tyranitar or dragonite or something

slim pickings

i agree, donphan isnt strong enough, throw in a ryperior or a tyranitaur
my team :

Snorlax: chesto berry

curse
rest
sleep talk
earthquake

Garchomp: life orb

outrage
poison jab.........................................should be a suprise
swords dance
earthquake

Weavile: focus sash

ice shard
ice punch
brick break
night slash

Dusknoir: Leftovers

pain split
focus punch
shadow sneak
ice punch

Umbreon: lum berry

moonlight
toxic
curse
payback

aerodyactal: heat rock

sunny day
stealth rock
giga impact
roar
curse on umbreon ?
Snorlax can do nothing to flying-types or levitate users.Poison Jab is a surprise for hitting grass times,rather than using fire fang to also hit steel,bug,and these grass-poison types.Weavile should not have two ice moves,even if one is a priority move.Dusknoir should have will-o-wisp instead of focus punch.Umbreon is quite good,but Aerodactyl seems awful.And Aluado,sorry for rating this here.

slim pickings

Aerodaytal is stragetic, i agree with weavile but i dont know what to change, and ill take your advice on the willo-wisp, but i like poison jab.
teach snorlax return instead
Reference URL's