Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Team Building - Rating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying out a new team lately and I need your help/ advice.

Arcanine (Physical Sweeper)
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Effort Points: 252 Attack - 252 Speed - 6 HP
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
Iron Head/ Iron Tail
Extremespeed

I know Arcanine isn't the best choice of Physical Sweeper but it's my favourite Pokemon and that's the only thing that matters to me. Flare Blitz is a STABed move, Thunder Fang is for killing Milotic/Gyarados and Iron Head/ Iron Tail is for killing Tyranitar/Rhyperior etc. Extremespeed is a good move if you want to move first and deal some serious damage.

Gengar (Special Sweeper)
Item: Expert Belt
Nature: Timid
Effort Points: 252 Sp.Attack - 252 Speed - 6 HP
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Energy Ball
Destiny Bond/ Focus Blast

Kinda obvious moveset for Gengar. I've used this many times and it really works. Thunderbolt for hurting Water-type Pokemon, Energy Ball for Rhyperior and Swampert and Shadow Ball for STAB. Focus Blast is there for covering Blissey.

Breloom (Subpuncher/ Physical Sweeper)
Item: Toxic Orb
Nature: Adamant
Effort Points: 252 Attack - 252 Speed - 6 HP
Substitute
Leech Seed
Focus Punch
Spore/ Stun Spore

Put your opponents to sleep using Spore (or paralyze them with Stun Spore), use Substitute and then Leech Seed to slowly eat their HP or Focus Punch to say bye-bye and kill them.

Crobat (Shuffler)
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Effort Points: 252 HP - 129 Defense - 129 Sp.Defense
Toxic
Whirlwind
Confuse Ray
Cross Poison/ Protect/ Fly

Ah, I really like this guy. He's probably going to be my Lead Pokemon since he has awesome speed and can inflict almost every Pokemon in the opponent’s party with Toxic.

Now, I want a Tank/ Wall and an Annoyer. I was thinking of Swampert/ Blastoise/ Rhyperior/ Donphan or Hippowdon for a Wall but I still haven't decided yet. And I really don't have any ideas for an Annoyer..

So... Suggestions for movesets, wall, annoyer??

Btw, you can post your teams here, so that the other members can see and rate it.. Smile
On Arcanine I would suggest iron head,because of a little higher accuracy than iron tail and the chance of making the opponent flinch.
On Brellom,Spore should be there because of its 100% accuracy,and seed bomb instead of leech seed to be able to hit the ghosts.
Arcanine- I agree with George Slayer here: Iron Head is the better choice.

Gengar- I would recommend Life Orb rather than Expert Belt. It gets consistent damage, and besides, Gengar will not last long. Consider Hypnosis over Focus Blast too. I do not know how much damage Gengar does to Blissey, but I think it doesn't get the 2KO.

Breeloom- I think Breeloom is better as a Sub / Spore-Puncher, due to its lack of speed. If you want to keep it that way, it is fine too. Seed Bomb could also be an option over Stun Spore / Spore.

Crobat- Fine. Steels will sit and laugh, but it is fine.

About an annoyer- Gengar with Hypnosis would be magnificant. For a wall, I recommend Swampert, Dusknoir or Weezing on the Physical Side, and Blissey and Vaporeon for the special side. I say Vaporeon because I like it [XD] and it gets Wish (and most of us do not have a Wish-Bliss if it is an in-game team.)
Arcanine, great.
Gengar. Change Expert Belt to Life Orb as ExplorerAce said and keep Destiny Bond. They work pretty cool together, one lowering your HP while you OHKO opponents and the other taking them down once they can beat you.
Breloom. It is slow and frail, I don't think you'll ever get a good chance to use Leech Seed. I'd say swap it with Seed Bomb/Stone Edge for a second offensive move.
About Crobat, I'd definitely go with this set, especially since you plan on leading with it:

Crobat @ Black Sludge (why Leftovers since it's a Poison-type?)
Timid, 252 Speed/132 SpAtk (with an IV of 31, you must reach a stat of 209)/rest in HP
- Taunt
- Hypnosis
- Roost
- Air Slash

Fast Taunt prevents leads like Bronzong doing their job. Fast Hypnosis stops offensive leads. Roost is obviously needed for healing, you should use it even if you don't choose the set I'm suggesting and Air Slash is great for flinching, and also hits Pokémon like Infernape, Machamp, Shaymin-S (Crobat is faster than this stupid thing), and others. 209 SpAtk with Air Slash guarantees the OHKO on a 4 HP/0 SpDef Heracross.

As for the last two slots of the team, I'd say you get one really bulky wall with a reliable recovery move and one more versatile Pokémon, but still a defensive one. I'd suggest Gliscor plus one Pokémon that doesn't care being hit by Ice-type moves (Thick Fat Snorlax, Milotic, etc.). Gliscor can set Stealth Rock (which your team lacks), Knock Off items (the annoying part you want), Roost off damage, and resist almost anything physical thrown at it. It has a 4x weakness to Ice though which must be covered. Breloom and Crobat are also weak to Ice, so you need such a wall.

Hope I helped. Smile
spore is better than stun spore
rhperior 4 wall and shuckle for annoyer?
Reference URL's