Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Team Ultima
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the name I give to my team that is the best. Of course, that is in my opinion. It is a Shoddy team, and I want to see what you guys think about it.

Aerodactyl
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP

This is my lead. Aerodactyl is wicked fast, has access to Taunt and SR, which makes him the perfect lead. I either Taunt the foe or lay down SR depending on the foe.

Vaporeon
- Wish
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Protect
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 SDef / 188 HP / 68 SAtk

This is Wishporeon. Wish support allows my team to heal easier. It also helps Weezing, as he only has Pain Split to heal. He also serves as my Special wall.

Weezing
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 42 SAtk

Weezing stops almost all of the physical threats Platinum can throw at me. His only problem is his low HP, SDef and no reliable recovery move.
(NM2: I have a plethora or reasons of why to use him over Dusknoir, which is why I am not using Dusky.)

Heatran
- Overheat
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: 228 Spd / 252 SAtk / 30 HP

ScarfTran takes care of Scizor, Skymin, and various other Pokemon that cannot be walled.

Metagross
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
- Agility
Item: Leichi Berry
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 188 Spd / 68 HP

I will not change him at all. He saves me too many times to be replaced. Leichi Berry is there because Metagross is bulky enough to take a hit and have it activate.

Salamence
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
Item: Yache Berry
Nature: Lonely
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def

This guy is a brilliant DD Salamence. Not only can he survive an Ice Beam, Dragon Claw allows me to change between attacks. It seems weird to run Flamethrower on this set, but it gets more damage on a min SDef / max HP Skarmory of Bronzong than Fire Fang. Everything else has been hit for neutral damage, so it is not a concern about losing the physical Fire Fang.

I usually use this to see if I am on the right track. I want to hear what you guys have to say.
nice aerodactly but dont use ubers (heatran)
why rock slide instead of stone edge? (unless u do double battles)

slim pickings

aerodacytal should no stone edge i think
kick out heatran and replace him with magmortar? arcanine?

gd though apart from them?
First of all,Heatran is not uber.And with Choice Scarf it is good at revenge killing.And I think HP Ice might be better on it than Dragon Pulse is.Everythin else is I think OK.
WetPaint Wrote:nice aerodactly but dont use ubers (heatran)
GeorgeSlayer Wrote:First of all,Heatran is not uber.
Well said.

WetPaint Wrote:why rock slide instead of stone edge?
Rock Slide has more accuracy than Stone Edge. On top of that, Rock Slide gets a 30% (?) chance of flinching. Because Aerodactyl is one of the fastest Pokemon in the game, he can take full advantage of that chance.

GeorgeSlayer Wrote:And I think HP Ice might be better on it than Dragon Pulse is.

I'll consider that.
this is a very good team that i can see no real problems with. but if i have to make a suggestion i would say putting haze on weezing instead of t-bolt. Apart from that i have nothing to complain about Wink
My second RMT! Im pretty excited about that!
Lets go!
Aerodactyl Pretty common set with a powerful stab move rock slide!
Aerodactyl is a cool taunt user i know! BUT..... An experienced user that has a lead with no attacking moves and his only purpose is to set up will quickly switch in to a counter when you taunt him! So this would not do a thing to good players! I suggest you replace that with subtitute! So if he switches you sub and you can take a hit! SR is good also for setting up! EVS nature good! Item Leftovers because of sub!
Vaporeon no suggestions about that because of the good wish protect combo+ stab move surf + ice beam for dragons
Weezing: this is also good it serves weezings purposes for fighters and water pokemon!
Heatran Look! Replace dark pulse with hidden power grass because of possible swamperts and other water types!
Metagross What i understand is that your plan is to agility when you have the chance and have then liechi berry activated! BUT! I think you should use a stab priority move BULLET PUNCH! instead of agility! If your opponent is on low health it is an excellent move without worries about setting up!
NOW! Replace meteor mash with explosion! I suggest that because we dont want 2 stab moves of the same kind! Because of bullet punch remove all speed EVs and put them to HP!
And the last pokemon!
Salamence: Ok i understand no roost because of wish vaporeon! But flamethpower? Ok higher accuracy BUT fire blast is more powerful and will save you many times from steel types and scizor as well! EVs nature are ok!
Item replace yache berry with life orb for even more damage!
Overall i would conclude that this is a good team and with these changes it will become even better!
Test them and tell me if you have something to add!
heatran replace dark puslse with hidden power and about salamence u already have heatran overheat and weezing flamethrower so replace flamethrower with crunch cause it will be your only superefective move against psychic and ghost in your whole team and its a physical attack instead of flamethrower then replace yache berry with blackglasses.
Good Team!I will take you on sometime on Wi-fi if you want.
i am looking at it and thinkind automaticaly, this guy needs grass type moves to add more balance to his team
Reference URL's