Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Need help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering how to build a good Pokemon Team and how to make one by the usual Roles and the best choices to pick. Sorry to trouble but I just want to know.
I would like to help you, but we need more info. What generation (or game,) what tier (OU, UU, Uber, what?) And what for? Competitive battling or Battle tower or Frontier... My point is, just try to be a bit more descriptive and a little less vague. Then, we would be happy to help. Wink
(22-12-2008 03:25 AM)ExplorerAce Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to help you, but we need more info. What generation (or game,) what tier (OU, UU, Uber, what?) And what for? Competitive battling or Battle tower or Frontier... My point is, just try to be a bit more descriptive and a little less vague. Then, we would be happy to help. Wink

Oh sorry. I am playing Pokemon Emerald.
Is it for a competitive team or for the Battle Frontier?And what tier?As ExplorerAce said,we need more info to help you.
(22-12-2008 02:59 PM)GeorgeSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Is it for a competitive team or for the Battle Frontier?And what tier?As ExplorerAce said,we need more info to help you.

Oh yes. It's supposed to be a competitive team .
Alright, I'm just going to have to guess you are an OU player (no Wobbafet, any form of Deoxys, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, Groudon, Rayquaza, or Kyogre.). Unfortunately, DPPt is the area I studied most in, but I can still try.

Firstly, you need a Lead. A Pokemon with Trick or Switcheroo would be perfect to mess up defensive leads, but it would need some Speed and some Attack if it faced an offensive lead. Alakazam or Linoone would be nice.

You need at least one physical and one special sweeper. Anything like Alakazam, Sceptile, Gengar, etc. would make a nice special sweeper, and anything like Salamence, Dragonite, Heracross, Scizor, etc. would work as a Physical sweeper.

You need at least one special wall and one physical wall. The well known special wall is Blissey, but Vaporeon gives Wish support. Skarmory is just an unbelievable physical wall, but Swampert and Donphan gives some nice competition for that slot.

The last Pokemon can be another wall or another sweeper. Which one choose depends on what you want.

I hope this helps.
What is most important isn't the value of each pokemon,but how they all work together.And if you don't know about EV training,you should read the training guides.For a Lead,maybe a Shuffler could be good,I don't know,I just suppose that if you can spread status on your opponent's pokemon early,you get an advantage.
i use my metagross as a sweeper when others use it as a tank it has pyscic, earthquake, shadow ball and sludge bomb. i get uncomfy when i use annoyers.
I think almost everyone uses Metaross as a Sweeper.Whether it is in R/S/E or D/P/Pt.,it has some special moves,and Metagross is supposed to be a Physical Sweeper with this great Attack stat,not a Special on.
it has stabed psychic. i only train to level 50 so it dosnt have meteor mash. i use latias as a sweeper too. psycic, thunderbolt, calm mind and dragon claw. only bad thing is rash nature for latias and gentle for latios. what are the odds of that?
What do you mean odds?And for a Special Sweeper,I think Rash is not very bad for a Special Sweeper,because although it lowers Sp.Defence,it raises Sp.Attack.Gentle,if you didn't know,raises Sp.Defece and lowers Defence.Do you EV train your pokemon?
wat i mean is its ironic. a girl is rash and the boy is gentle...... do you know wat rash means?
Reference URL's