Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Champion's Team - Japanese Metagame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I think that you are all aware of the Pokemon video game showdown 2008. The winner of the the tourney is called Izuru Yoshimura.
After surfing the net for a while I discovered a very useful thread with some details about him
http://www.battle-frontier.com/forums/vi...=9&p=15825

His Team:
Smeargle, Level 1
Item: Focus Sash
Moves: Dark Void, Endeavor, Fake Out, Follow Me

Bronzong, Level 50
Item: Chesto Berry
Moves: Hypnosis, Psychic, Trick Room, Explosion

Snorlax, Level 50
Item: Sitrus Berry
Moves: Return, Fire Punch, Protect, Belly Drum

Metagross, Level 50
Item: Lum Berry
Moves: Bullet Punch, Rock Slide, Hammer Arm, Psych Up

Japanese Metagame seems to be quite different from our's according to these rules

Also those were the rules used fir the pokemon video game showdown
http://showdown.pokemon.com/rules/finals_rules.xhtml

All battles are open level; Pokemon may be between level 1 and level 50.

No Pokemon with the same nickname.

Before a match, players exchange their Pokemon rosters. A player then selects three Pokemon to bring into battle. Players may not switch moves or hold items after they have seen their opponents roster. (If it is a double battle, players bring 4 Pokemon.)

The following Pokemon are banned:
Dragonite
Mewtwo
Mew
Tyranitar
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys (all forms)
Dialga
Palkia
Heatran
Regigigas
Giratina
Cresselia
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

No same Pokemon may be used (species clause), and no same hold items may be used (item clause).

You may not put more than one Pokemon to sleep, with the following, and only exception: you may put more than one Pokemon to sleep only if your opponent's encore forces you to. Freeze clause is not enforced because it cannot be controlled on Diamond or Pearl Wi-Fi.

If a player uses a move that knocks out each player's last Pokemon, then that player loses.

*Use of the PUROAKUSHONRIPUREI modification tool is banned (lol). Pokemon obtained from exploiting 'dangerous' glitches are banned. Pokemon obtained from the GTS are exempt from this rule, or so I've interpreted this gibberish.
I've read about Knight Silvayne, the Junior Champion. His favorite poke is Purugly, lol
Yeah and I also read that he used a Groudon in his team... Weird, tourney's staff shouldn't have allowed him to use it... Btw congratulations to both champions!! Well I'd like to see a tournament like that coming to Europe, including Greece...

And sth else, I don't think that European or american players will be be ever able to defeat Japanese players in official tournaments (since they play by nintendo's rules in general) unless we prepare a team based on their metagame style
I can understand. But using a pokemon in any other nation's metagame could disadvantage you. Certain pokemon in our OU Tier might be there UU, for example.
wow!!that japanese metagame sounds good!!!
Reference URL's