Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Need Help With RD Team.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry to those who haven't read the original post. This is edited. The changes are italicized.

Jirachi @ Damp Rock
Bold
252 HP/ 80 Def/ 176 SpD
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Water Pulse
-Wish

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Swift Swim/Naughty
252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Rain Dance
-Waterfall
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor

Bronzong @ Damp Rock
Levitate
Impish, 252 HP/129 Atk/129 Def
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Quake
- Explosion

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant/Technician
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- X-Scissor

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
252 HP/4 DEF/252 Speed
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Shadow Ball
-HP Ice

Rotom-W was the only one who went unchanged from the original team XD

Swampert @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
On Kingdra,why is Dragon Dance there?The only thing it may do is make the opponent switch in their physical wall and get hit by a Special move,but otherwise,it is useless.And why Lonely?There is no physical attack and there is no speed problem with Swift Swim.Well,this is the only thing I find really bad,and until I remember something else,someone more experienced should rate this.Overall,it seems quite good.
Not a fan of Rain Dance teams, but I'll give it a try.

Crobat. Max its Speed. Aerodactyl leads always have 394 Speed, at worst tie with them. Drop the needed Attack EPs for this, after all Crobat isn't an offensive Pokémon.

Kingdra, what the heck? Lonely, 252 Attack EPs, Dragon Dance and no physical move? Something's wrong here. Since I dunno if you want a physical or a special Kingdra, just see this and choose the first or the second set.

Scizor. I don't know if a CB one is the best. I mean if a Pokémon that is countered just by Scizor appears, you'll need one turn to switch in, one to attack and one to switch out, which takes 3 turns of your rain for nothing. But I don't really know of a better way to play Scizor in RD, it's up to you.

Starmie, Swampert and Rotom-W are ok. Also, just saying that Bronzong is quite common in RD teams as it can get rid of its only weakness, set RD (and Stealth Rock, which your team lacks), get rid of an RD counter with Explosion, etc. Since Starmie isn't Rapid-Spinning, you may consider it over Starmie. This Bronzong is quite cool in RD:

Bronzong @ Damp Rock
Levitate
Impish, 252 HP/129 Atk/129 Def
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis / EQ
- Explosion
IMO, SD Scizor is the best.
Scizor
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Night Slash / X-Scissor
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

SD + LO + STAB + Technician + Bullet Punch + 394 Atk Stat = Amazing.

CB scizor is good too.

Secondly, Swampert is good, but Smogon needs to revamp him. For now, this is then set I use and it works wonders:

Swampert
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Refresh
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk

This guy is an unbelievably good wall. You get lots of neutral coverage with the moves given, you can lay down Stealth Rock, and then you can choose Roar to rid of dangerous opponents or choose Refresh to keep Swampert healthy.

Listen to NM2 for the rest of it.
Thanks for the help you guys. I appreciate it.

The changes will be made in the original post.
This team is doing pretty nice so far. About a 3 to 1 win-loss ratio. I still get shaky playing against grass types and Gengar.
I think your team is fine to be honest, but you could put in something rdm like ryperior to kill electyric
I understand. I think I need to refresh my memory of how to deal with the RD threats, instead of changing my team. I haven't received any bad comments about this one, though.
Reference URL's