Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Hidden Power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is the right section for this...please tell me if it's not.

I looked at the formula for hidden power and it seems kind of complicated. I was wondering if there was a chart that actually shows the exact values for each type and power level.

In addition, is hidden power always random whenever a Pokemon is caught,bred, etc or is there a method of controlling this?
A Pokemon's Hidden Power Type and Power are determined by its IVs.To find them out ,you have to use an IV calculator,and then a Hidden Power Calculator where you input the results from the IV calculator.
And you can use this awesome calculator the site has,that gives both IV's and Hidden Power

You have 3 ways to use it:
1)train the pkmn and then use the calc,and if IV's aren't what you wanted you hit your head on a wall cause you lost a time of your life without reason
2)leave the pkmn on day-care untill it gets lvl around 50,then use the calc with a 50% to be incorrect
3)finally the best option,you can do an IV battle...a battle on Wi-Fi using the Auto 100 lvl to check the stats,wrote it on a papper and then use the calc

I hope this helped a little
Also hidden power won't evetime have the 70 power. It also depends on it's iv's. e.x if it is the type you wanted but the power is 30 you will waste a Tm if you learn it to the pkm
Here's how you find the type (by hand:)

If this stat has an odd IV || Add this
HP || 1
Atk || 2
Def || 4
SAtk || 16
SDef || 32
Spd || 8

If the sum is from:
0 - 4, it's Fighting
5 - 8, it's Flying
9 - 12, it's Poison
13 - 16, it's Ground
17 - 20, it's Rock
21 - 25, it's Bug
26 - 29, it's Ghost
30 - 33, it's Steel
34 - 37, it's Fire
38 - 41, it's Water
42 - 46, it's Grass
47 - 50, it's Electric
51 - 54, it's Psychic
55 - 58, it's Ice
59 - 62, it's Dragon
63, it's Dark

Power is far harder to calculate. I'd recommend just using a calculator for that.
(08-01-2009 03:48 PM)Garam Wrote: [ -> ]And you can use this awesome calculator the site has,that gives both IV's and Hidden Power

You have 3 ways to use it:
1)train the pkmn and then use the calc,and if IV's aren't what you wanted you hit your head on a wall cause you lost a time of your life without reason
2)leave the pkmn on day-care untill it gets lvl around 50,then use the calc with a 50% to be incorrect
3)finally the best option,you can do an IV battle...a battle on Wi-Fi using the Auto 100 lvl to check the stats,wrote it on a papper and then use the calc

I hope this helped a little

It helped...looks like there's going to be a lot of head banging for me.
By the way does the technician ability affect hidden power if the base power is 60 or less? I know the Pokemon with the ability aren't really special attackers but I'm still kind of curious about that...
Of course it does. That's why a special sweeping Ambipom with Technician should aim for a Hidden Power with a base power of 60, or better 59 so that you don't lose 1 point in Speed.
(09-01-2009 11:04 AM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]Of course it does. That's why a special sweeping Ambipom with Technician should aim for a Hidden Power with a base power of 60, or better 59 so that you don't lose 1 point in Speed.

Does this also apply to the variable attacks such as punishment, gyro ball, etc?

I also have another question, not sure if this should be in another thread but does serene grace affect high critical attacks (i don't mean the poisoning rate of cross poison), making the critical rate higher, since its an affect of the attacks?
(09-01-2009 06:11 PM)YoshiHero Wrote: [ -> ]Does this also apply to the variable attacks such as punishment, gyro ball, etc?

Not sure, but I guess it does, when the attack's power is 60 or below of course.

(09-01-2009 06:11 PM)YoshiHero Wrote: [ -> ]I also have another question, not sure if this should be in another thread but does serene grace affect high critical attacks (i don't mean the poisoning rate of cross poison), making the critical rate higher, since its an affect of the attacks?

I doubt it, since there's Super Luck for this.
Reference URL's