Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: The day Shoutbox spam killed the forum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apparently the shoutbox (perhaps even tthe site as a whole) was causing a very heavy load for the server we are on, causing it to crash. The kind Dreamhost people adviced that I should disabled it and thus I did.

Perhaps deleting older messages would make it less rescource heavy, but till I find a better shoutbox for this forum, it should remain closed.

In the meanwhile, for your chatting purposes, you can use our IRC applet (or use a proper IRC client) located in http://www.legendarypokemon.net/chat as you already should.

If another part of the website goes down again, you'll know that there's some server problem.
Oh,so that's why the forums couldn't load yesterday?I thought my browser had a problem.
Well that sucks.

-goes to find a way to make chat usable-
I had the same thoughts as Mirka when that happened. Either that, or it was just a forum update. I didn't think spam could be so destructive.

Just as video killed he radio star, spam killed the shoutbox.
I hope the shoutbox is back soon.I cannot stand the forums this way.
(01-06-2009 09:31 AM)GeorgeSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the shoutbox is back soon.I cannot stand the forums this way.

Yeah, me too.Shoutbox was ftw.I will miss it and i hope it will be put in the forum again soon.
Billaros here:
Hey the forums are not the shoutbox and if it is that you are not gonna be postng because of statements like these
(01-06-2009 09:31 AM)GeorgeSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the shoutbox is back soon.I cannot stand the forums this way.

I'd say to never restore the shoutbox and let me be damned for suggesting to have one.
I hate how the layout ends with the link to the chatroom.Can you add something else in the place of the shoutbox?It's annoying,the page is shorter Toungue .
this new one stinks on ice.
This new one does not strain the server.-
the new one seems like the chatroom.... Confused
Τhe new one IS the chatroom.I love it.
no offence, but i don't. my school is blocking it out, so i can' get to it
You should study when in school,you know...
i never studyToungue
plus, are you trying to fix the old shoutbox?
(04-06-2009 03:09 PM)KALAS REY Wrote: [ -> ]plus, are you trying to fix the old shoutbox?

no. we will have the new one.......
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's