Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Your own Pokemon Analysis!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's time for the Forum Members to play an important role for the main site!
In this thread you are going to post a Pokemon analysis that's different from everything else we have seen before! Every two weeks, the best article will be posted on the main site. You may find this article usefull: http://www.legendarypokemon.net/2010/01/...ise-factor

You should know that this is an important project, so the rules are going to be very strict:
During the two-week period, each member can only post ONLY ONE post that contains a Pokemon analysis. No comments are permited.
Each post that does not follow the above rule will be deleted.
The movesets and strategies that you are going to present, should be original. We know almost every common moveset that exists, so any copy paste post will be deleted.
The analysis shoud be written in English (mind your spelling and grammar guys) because it is going to be posted on the main site.
Your Analysis should contain:
THE NAME OF THE POKEMON
The held Item
The Ability
The Nature
The Effort Points
The moveset
The strategy

Examples can be found here: http://www.legendarypokemon.net/potw2
I hope that we are going to see a lot of wonderful new movesets!
EDITED

Pokemon:Forretress
Held Item:Focus Sash/Leftovers
Ability:Sturdy
Nature:Impish
EP's 252 HP/252 Def/6 Attack

Moveset

Toxic Spikes
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Protect/Explosion

Strategy

This one is for taking out the Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rocks your opponent has probably set on your side and then you set the same on his/her side! Now, the Item and the last Move depends on what you want to do. Protect and Leftovers if you want it to wall Physical Sweepers and use protect to restore HP with Leftovers and switch out when a Special Sweeper comes out or Explosion and Focus Sash to Set the Stealth Rockor Toxic Spikes while your opponent Swtch Out his Pokemon to OHKO you with his Special Sweeper, then Focus Sash Protects you from Fainting and then Dealing some serious damage with Explosion. I know it's not the best someone can think but I couldn't think something better-_-(I'm making a Bug Team and this one is going to be in because I need a Rapid Spinner at leastToungue)
Nice idea,I hope we see some nice articles here.Let me try,although I'm not so sure it will be any good.

Without further adieu,here it is:
(It is possibly similar other sets,but it looks good in my mind).

Pokemon Name:
Crobat
Set Name:
Wall-breaking bat(some help here would be appreciated)
Item Held
Life Orb
Ability
Inner Focus
Nature
Naive(+Speed, -Special Defence)
Effort Points
104 HP / 152 Attack / 252 Speed

* Super Fang
* Brave Bird
* Heat Wave
* U-Turn/Roost/Taunt

This set's aim is to abuse one of Crobat's best new moves that it got when HG/SS came out in Japan.Super Fang is a great move;whatever switches in on it(other than the Ghosts,of which one of the most common [Gengar]is outspeed and OHKOed with Brave Bird.Rotom Formes on Shoddy though are too much for Crobat to handle,so it should run.)

Brave bird is the strongest move available to Crobat;even without the best attacking stat,it can KO most stuff not resisting after they get hit with Super Fang,including soem of the most common walls,and Life Orb greatly helps Crobat manage this.

Heat Wave is to OHKO the most Overused Pokemon nowadays;the red steel bug named Scizor.Other than that,it also hits other Steel types hard,often KOing Metagross after a Super Fang(even 252 HP variants).

For the final move-slot,there are 3 main options.

U-Turn allows you to attack and switch,which gives you the momentum and allows you to get out of tight corners.It also helps bring Tyranitar close to death after Super Fang,which is important,since it resists Brave Bird and you don't want to give it a lot of free turns.

Roost helps extend Crobat's life-span a little bit,which is going to be too short with LO damage,Brave Bird Recoil,and the common sandstorm.

Finally,Taunt can help you switch out more safely,protected from status and set up.

EVs

I'm going to admit it,the EVs are stolen from Smogon,but according to my calculations,they are very efficient,though they can be tweaked according to your needs.

Maxing Crobat's speed is helpful,seeing as it's its best stat and one of the fastest Pokemon allowed to participate in the standard metagame.

The attack EVs should be no lower than this;it will be too weak without them to KO lots of stuff.

The rest EVs can go to either HP to help it survive some hits(like Scizor's Bullet Punch),Attack to help it hit harder or Special Attack to hit the likes of Metagross and the other steels harder(Scizor is already OHKOed most of the times with the given spread).

Team Support:

Being weak to Stealth Rock,Crobat appreciates having a Rapid Spinner in the team to be able to switch in more easily.It also appreciates Stealth Rock in the other side of the field,to help it weaken the opposing team more easily.Pairing it with a counter to Zapdos (like Tyranitar) is also good,since Crobat can't do that much to Zapdos itself.

Conclusion:

This set is not intended to help Crobat sweep;its main job is to weaken the opposing team for the rest of the team to sweep.Unfortunately,I have not tested it;you've got to see if it works in action yourself.
i will try with this one.

claydoll
item: leftovers
EVs: 252 hp / 144 def / 114 sp atk
nature: bold
moves:

rapid spin
stealth rock
shadow ball / toxic
earth power / toxic

strategy:

Claydoll's immunity to entry hazards like spikes & toxic spikes & its resistance to stealth rock can make it the best UU spinner (it's also effective and in OU). First of all, use stealth rock. Then, use rapid spin to remove your foe's entry hazards. For damage, shadow ball & earth power are the best options but if you like stallers or you hate walls, toxic can be useful. Claydoll can also wall fighting & poison types very well.

counters:

UU: Waters like quagsire, blastoise, gastrodon, lapras and mantine can make claydoll's life hell, unless it has stone edge. Drapion & skuntank can finish it easilly with night slash and especially, pursuit when it's going to switch. Sturdy grasses like vieplume and meganium can do a good job too. Lunatone can set up calm mind unless you have shadow ball but watch out for hypnosis.

OU: Waters (again) like suicune, swampert, gyarados and vaporeon can OHKO it for sure, especially gyarados, because it can set up dragon dance and use taunt when claydoll attempts to use stealth rock, toxic and other moves like rest, light screen and reflect. Bronzong is immune to claydoll's moves. Cresselia & blissey can finish it thanks to their defenses and ice beam. Pursuit users like tyranitar, heracross and weavile can easily OHKO it.
Three posts already? Remember, you have twoo weeks to plan a strategy.
Chaos714 your Pokemon is a copy of a smogon moveset. As I said in the first post we need YOUR OWN MOVESETS.
You have two weeks, so you can test your Pokemon in order to see if they are functional and you can also do some changes.
@Johan: Try making something more strategical. Your analysis should be unique. Attaching a Scarf to a Pokemon is not anything special.
GeorgeSlayer's Crobat was quite interesting but it needs testing.
Sorry for the bitter words. It's the first time so I will allow you to EDIT your posts and make some changes. Chaos you have to do something else if you want to have a chance. Create a strategy, test it and post it. That's why you have two weeks. Remember not to answer to this post. Just edit your previous post to make the changes.
Pokemon:Ambipom

Item:Lum Berry

Ability:Technician

Nature:Naive

EPs:252 Atk/252 Spd

Moveset:
Knock Off
Taunt
Brick Break
Shadow Claw

Strategy:
This Ambipom's goal is to deal well with the opponent's Walls (Special Walls mainly).Its Lum Berry helps it recover from a "Poisoned or Paralyzed" Status created by the opponent.Knock Off can deactivate the foe's precious item (Leftovers) and Taunt prevents Pokemon like Skarmory or Blissey from using Roost or Softboiled.So the opponent is unable to regain their lost HP.Taunt can also cause many Switch Outs.This is really helpful when you have pointed Spikes,Toxic Spikes or stones (Stealth Rock) on the opponent's side.Brick Break can send Blissey in a world of pain (I like this phraseBig Grin).As for Shadow Claw,it can hit Ghosts (something that Brick Break is unable to do),especially Gengars.

I am not the best at creating sets.I'm not even good at it,but I just wanted to give it a tryBig Grin
Pokemon:Ninetales

Held Item:Choice Specs

Ability:Flash Fire

Nature:Timid

EP's:252 Speed 252 Sp.Attack 4 HP

Moveset:
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Energy Ball
Dark Pulse
Extrasensory

Strategy:
Ninetales has base speed 100 which with a beneficial nature reaches 328!!!Its Sp.Attack is not that bad for a NU pokemon;base Sp.Attack 81 and with a neutral nature goes to 261.With a Choice Specs it almost reaches 392!!!
Flamethrower/Fire Blast is your only stabbed attack and if you get Flash Fire on,the attack will be deadly.Energy Ball is for type coverage.It OHKOes Swampert and Quagsire(which now is very common due to its new egg move in HG/SS).Dark Pulse is for hitting bulky Psychic and Ghost pokemon and with Ninetales Speed that 30% flinch is not bad at all.Extrasensory is for bulky Poison Types such as Muk.
Now for using Flamethrower or Fire Blast it's up to you.If you want an accurate move go for Flamethrower but if you want power go for Fire Blast.
I haven't tested it yet but I will soon!
Interesting thread and a great way to help making LP better...

Pokemon:Miltank

Item:Choice Scarf

Ability:Thick Fat

Nature:Jolly(+Speed,-Sp. Attack)

EVs:252 AT/252 SP/4 HP

Moveset
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch
-Earthquake/Body Slam

Introduction
Miltank is a pokemon I’ve always liked and have used a lot. While miltank is commonly(well, if you consider miltank common…) used as a wall taking advantage of her utility moveset, she can also counter some of today’s metagame top threats, most notably Heatran,Gyarados, Salamence, Scizor and more…

Moveset

Fire Punch is mainly there for foretress, scizor and other steel types. The notorious red bug takes about 75% damage from miltank’s fire punch so it can be KOed after some previous damage(life orb recoil plus stealth rock damage help a lot…)

Ice punch deals with the dragons, especially salamence and flygon and offers great coverage.

Thunderpunch is good against gyarados, always KOing the offensive variations after stealth rock damage.

For the last slot Earthquake is recommended as it deals with heatran and magnezone and KOes some weaker electrics such as jolteon. However,
Body Slam is a considerable choice as well, having both STAB and a relatively high paralysis rate, though it should be paired with Scrappy to be totally effective.

EVs
The EVs are basic for a physical sweeper and work well with Miltanks's base stats. 252 Speed EVs plus beneficial nature enable her to outspeed things such as neutral nature salamence even after a dragon dance, scarf heatran and every single pokemon in OU. Though 80 base attack isn't that special, it is enough to KO important threats with some team support

Team Support
Miltank needs stealth rock(and entry hazards in general) support in order to be successful, as it allows her to KO many more things. Additinaly, being unable to take on fighting types such as machamp, she highly appreciates the help of ghost pokemon like gengar and Rotom-Η. Finally, if you are planning a late-game sweep with miltank a decent swords dance batton passer like scizor is crucial.

Conclusion
After testing Miltank for the past few days, I've come to realise that she can effectively be used in today's metagame. She managed to surprise many opponents and was a valuable addition in my team . Though she isn't as affective as jirachi or gengar when utilising a scarf, she can still be of great use...
Well, two weeks have passed and its time for new sets to be sown, am I right? Here's mine,

Pokemon Name:Bellossom
Ability:Chlorophil
Nature:Timid/Modest
Held Item:Heat Rock
EP's 252 Sp.Attack/252 Speed/6 HP

Sunny Day
Synthesis
Solar Beam
Sleep Pwoder/Stun Spore/Sludge Bomb

Introduction

Bellossom is one of my favorite pokemons and I always wanted to use it battle(in a way I have found), and now I think I have found a good way to do this. It's good defences can help it last more than one turn, even not boosted, it's 50 Base Speed Stat can take advantage of Chlorophil and became too high in one turn and it's 90 Base Sp.Attack Stat can deal some good damage with boosted Solar Beam.

Moves

Sunny Day:I think I don't have to explain why this move is in, and Heat Rock help's Sunny Day's Weather Effect last longer.

Synthesis:A Healing move that normally restores 50% of users MAX HP, but with Sunlight it fully restores the users HP and this can help Bellossom last longer in the battle field

Solar Beam:A Powerful, Grass-Type Attack, with 120 Base Power that reach 180 with STAB. While it needs 1 turn to charge, Sunny Day makes it not to need charging and being able to hit very hard every turn.

Stun Spore:One of the last slot choises.This move is very useful, because it Paralyzes your opponent before he moves, once Bellossom's Speed is doubled with Sunny Day

Sleep Powder:One of thelast slot choises. Like Stun Spore, this move strikes first and sleeps your opponent's pokemon before moving, once Bellossom's Speed is doubled with Sunny Day.

Sludge Bomb:One of the last slot choises. Unlike the other two, this one is here to inflict damage, and if lucky, cause Poison to the Defending Pokemon. It is a 90 Base Power move that can help Bellossom hit more types than it would, with just SolarBeam.

EV's
With not so great Stats, Bellossom will need 252 Speed EV's, so it can outspeed 127 Base Speed pokemons and mach with 130 Base Speed Pokemons with Modest Nature. With Timid Nature, you can give it 180 Speed EP's, with 31 Speed IV's, so you can outspeed even 130 Base Speed Nature Pokemons and give the remaining EP's to HP or Sp.Defence.

Team Support
Entry Hazards will help a lot, and with Stun Spore/Sleep Powder can help a lot, while your opponent will Switch out his/her pokemon and take damage or leave the one with the Status Condition and leave Bellossom defeat it. Poison and Steel Types can easily counter it, while they are ressistand to SolarBeam and immune to Sludge Bomb, so a Ground-type attack user is perfect. A Reflect-Light Screen user will help Bellossom use Synthesis less frequently and last even longer.

NOTE:Sleep Powder is a Pre-Evolution Move.
The winner will be anounced through the main site soon, along with the proper PotW.
Hey, almost one month has passed and no-one has posted any pokemon yet...

Pokemon Name:Charizard
Ability:Blaze
Nature:Adamant
Held Item:Lum Berry/Persim Berry
EP's 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch/Earthquake

Introduction
The "Dragon" starter, Charizard has good Speed and Sp.Attack Stats that make him a very good Special Sweeper, but lets look at the Physical side, Charizard is able to learn a wonderful move called Dragon Dance, that ups both Attack and Speed making him able to land powerful Physical attack very fast and a very strong Dragon Type Move named Outrage. When Emerald was realesed, Charizard was able to learn Fire and Thunder Punch and now, with D/P/Pt they have become Physical attacks.

Moves

Dragon Dance: When Charizard comes out, the opponent will probably expect strong Special Attacks so he will switch in his Special Wall whitch will give one turn to Dance and maybe a second one while he changes in his Physical wall but till then, Charizard is ready to pack some powerful attacks.

Outrage: An 120 Power Dragon type attack that deals with the OU envoirment's dragons that are resistand to Fire Punch and does not take far too much damage from Thunder Punch(while Garchomp and Flygon are unaffected)

Fire Punch: Charizard's best Choice from the Physical side, while from 75 Base Power is ends up with 112,5 Base Power due to STAB is your main sweeping move.

Thunder Punch: Charizard's Best Choice to deal with Water types that may come out and block your way.

Earthquake: This one can replace Thunder Punch, while it damages Rock types that could wall Charizard easily and causes serious damage to Water Types while they are not resistant to Ground.

Other Possible Choices

Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Shadow Claw, Rock Slide, Crunch.

EV's
Charizard need's Attack Power and Speed so invest the EP's on these two stats, but if think you do not need all the Speed or Attack, invest the leftovers on HP to make him bulkier but with his average defences and HP it will be a waste of EP's.

Team Support
If you chose to use Thunder Punch, then a pokemon with a ground type move is more than exeptable, if you chose Earthquake, Charizard will need Reflect and/or Light Screen to make him able to use one or two more Dragon Dances, entry Hazards are also welcome while they will make Charizards job easier.

NOTE:Dragon Dance and Outrage are Egg Moves and Thunder Punch and Fire Punch are Tutor moves
What is more, pardon Blue for being absent but he's facing a prolonged internet downtime for the time being; the winners shall be announced once he's back.
Lucario
focus sash
steadfast
modest
4 def 252 spatk 252 speed
Aura sphere
dark pulse
vacuum wave
hidden power electric
i hate everyone keep saying movesets u find on smogon or on any other website, b original for a change like come on, this lucario moveset is only meant to b a lead, first of all its meant to counter every lead u can think of except for swampert and a special defense forretress,other than that it can counter every other lead in the game,
azelf leads are easily taken out with a dark pulse on the first turn and enough for a vacuum wave to finish it even though its not very effective, aerodactyls are 2 hit ko too with hp electric and then a vacuum wave,tyranitars sandstorm wont effect lucario for its sash to become wasted, one aura sphere can ko them or if its special def trained then an aura sphere and a vacuum wave, priorty moves are always best on a lead, as for fake out pests such as infernape,weavile and ambipom, there are no worries cuz once ur flinched there comes that speed boost to make u faster than anyone with a 130 base in speed with beneficial nature and u carry a vacuum wave priorty move to ensure u always go first and hit hard
Absol
leftovers
super luck
jolly or careful
252 speed,152 sp def, 104 hp
swagger
psych up
punishment
taunt
this absol is another unique pokemon moveset i came up with never found anywhere else, the idea of this set is to b a special wall/special atker sweeper, most special walls such as claydol, blissey, chansey, cresselia,regice,milotic,tentacruel,slowking and grumpig stand no chance for a couple of reasons, although absol is wak in its defenses this ev spread makes sure it can outspeed and take hits from all special walls,it needs to go first cuz of swagger, almost every spdef wall pokemon are better in special atks than physcal which means they will not benefit from the swagger,taunt aloows u to make sure they cannot setup any reflects,acid armor or anything to boost themselves, psych up is the big F U, not only does absol have incredible atk power untouched but with psych up he gets a 2 stage boost in atk maybe even 4 or 6 depending how many swaggers were used, now since u have ur atk boosted to make urself ridiculously powerful threat u have a boosted stab move pumping up for every stat boost ur opponent has thx to u and since a good amount of spdef walls tend to be psychic types it deliveres a most definite 1 hit ko, by the time u setup the swagger psych up combo ur opponent might realize ur setting up for a punishment but it will already be too late because absol will already have at least 500 in its atk stat making it superpowerful even with its only atk move being punishment cuz with one swagger its base power will be over 100 with the stab boost and a high chance of a crit thx to super luck,special sweepers require confusion luck sometimes Wink
good luck wit this super luck
Still no internet. I hope it'll be back in a couple of weeks because without it I cannot work properly for the site.
I am not sure yet, but I plan to restart this thread if I can. It will take some time to plan it correctly and not fale like the previous time, but I hope it's going to happen.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's