Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Thoughts about cheats/hack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I saw a similar thread in 4chan yesterday and I would like to know what do you think about hacking/cheating in Pokemon.

Generally, I dislike any way of cheating in any kind of game, single or multiplayer. It takes out all the fun, makes games boring, makes you lose motivation etc

BUT, there are some other things like bug/glitch abuse that can't be exactly called hacks. The most well-known one I can recall is the cloning in the first Gens of the game. Almost everyone who played pokemon back then used it.

And today there are many cheat engines that let you do pretty much everything in the game. Shinies, legendaries, rare pokemon, masterballs can be obtained with cheats/hacks.

What do you think about this? As I said before, I'm against, but not completely.
Using hacked rare candies to lvlup after you finish EV training is very tempting. Gaining experience is boring, time-consuming, tiring and can be irritating for impatient people like me. So why not use hacked rare candies to lvlup your pokemon? Not in order to complete the pokedex, just to save some valuable time when training for more competitive battles.
they are the best!
[for losers]
It depends on if you want to turn your game from an RPG to a sanbox RPG. I think it's no big deal as long as it reasonable or lulzy. I can tolerate Shiny Haxors with good IVs and Magicarps with Roar of Time but not Sturdy Shedinjas and WonderTombs.
(02-05-2011 08:39 PM)Terraplant Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on if you want to turn your game from an RPG to a sanbox RPG. I think it's no big deal as long as it reasonable or lulzy. I can tolerate Shiny Haxors with good IVs and Magicarps with Roar of Time but not Sturdy Shedinjas and WonderTombs.

I dont think pokemon is meant to be played as a sandbox RPG. It will be propably become just messed up.
Well, I think there are some points where it is acceptable to hack. If nintendo didn't do these one time event thingys, then we wouldn't have all these hacked deoxyses, now would we?
(02-05-2011 11:34 PM)Giratina88 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I think there are some points where it is acceptable to hack. If nintendo didn't do these one time event thingys, then we wouldn't have all these hacked deoxyses, now would we?

Yes, but whats the point in owning a hacked deoxys? It may fill the pokedex slot but you know that you haven't actually caught. I accidentally got a hacked shiny deoxys and I now wish that the 386# slot was still blank.

They are simply fake.
The point is that there is no other way to get one. And besides, aren't we supposed to "catch em all"?
Basically,you just do in a pokemon game the same things you do in pokemon online/shoddy battle.
and what would that be?
And what about another system (i think its called pokesav) that allows you to breed pokemon with perfect IVs? Some people consider it a hack while others don't. It must have an impact on competitive play and I don't know if there's a way to understand if a pokemon has been bred with this method.
As for the Events, in 4th Generation, I am happy. There are many events. No problem.
I missed the Arceus event (as did many) so I had to hack the Azure flute. The pokemon ITSELF isn't hacked, just the item.
I don't think it's good because the game isn't interesting if u choose the simple soluction and u don't find it without a help
(05-05-2011 11:40 PM)Giratina88 Wrote: [ -> ]I missed the Arceus event (as did many) so I had to hack the Azure flute. The pokemon ITSELF isn't hacked, just the item.

Almost everyone who owns a Gen IV game has hacked that flute in order to get Arceus. Even if I decide to get an Arceus just for the pokedex, it will propably have been captured with a hacked flute.
I guess cheating is good in moderation. Cheating to get missed events and such I guess is okay. Doing stuff like walking through walls or altering game weather may be a sign that you are taking things too far. I learned the hard way that having too many cheats on will make your game crash frequently if you aren't careful.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's