Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Db0's handdrawn fanart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I like your drawings. Oshawot , Audino and Snivy are lovely (expecially Audino).
Again, thanks for your comments.

I sketched the next one the week when I didin't use my pc (too much free time), after seeing the 5th Pokémon movie (which I found pretty nice). It's supposed to be Latias, holding the Soul Dew her brother created with his own life. The truth is that I should start paying more attention to the details in order to improve my drawing.

(07-10-2011 01:25 AM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]Again, thanks for your comments.

I sketched the next one the week when I didin't use my pc (too much free time), after seeing the 5th Pokémon movie (which I found pretty nice). It's supposed to be Latias, holding the Soul Dew her brother created with his own life. The truth is that I should start paying more attention to the details in order to improve my drawing.

Awesome.You really are quite skillful at drawing Smile (or its just that i am worse than terrible at it Confused(yes.not even terrible.))
Overall it's great! However, I'll just point out a few details. The belly/body part is quite bigger than it should be. It might not be, but the size and angle that the neck forms with the body make it look so. Also, while I haven't seen that movie, if Latios just died, shouldn't she be sad? Also maybe making the wings thinner, yet longer could help. I'm quite picky, so ignore me Toungue. Great job!
(07-10-2011 09:18 PM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]Overall it's great! However, I'll just point out a few details. The belly/body part is quite bigger than it should be. It might not be, but the size and angle that the neck forms with the body make it look so. Also, while I haven't seen that movie, if Latios just died, shouldn't she be sad? Also maybe making the wings thinner, yet longer could help. I'm quite picky, so ignore me Toungue. Great job!

Well actually about the body i think that giving it a bigger head would make it better. I agree with all the rest.But remember that those are only details.As i said before its great. Smile
(07-10-2011 09:18 PM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]Overall it's great! However, I'll just point out a few details. The belly/body part is quite bigger than it should be. It might not be, but the size and angle that the neck forms with the body make it look so. Also, while I haven't seen that movie, if Latios just died, shouldn't she be sad? Also maybe making the wings thinner, yet longer could help. I'm quite picky, so ignore me Toungue. Great job!

Yeah, as you said it's not exactly the head small but the ange of the rest of the Latias that make it look wrong. I should have made it a bit bigger. As for the expression of her face, I tried making her look sad but she seemed retarded instead. So I just used the more usual smile.

Anyway, getting the right proportions is always difficult for me, I think it's matter of practice and some more effort. Next time maybe, which wont be soon since I have to train for the tournament.
Just some sketches I made last week, with Cyndaquil and Reuniclus.

Cyndaquil (Click to View)

Reuniclus (Click to View)
How did you get the shades right on the reuniclus??Awesome.....

And the cyndaquil is great too Smile
And some sketches I made during vacation time.

Actually, I won't post the 2nd one since it appears in a really bad quality in my camera. Maybe if I manage to capture it in a way that it won't be 5 times worse than the original. Not that the original is anything great but anyway.
(06-01-2012 02:54 AM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]And some sketches I made during vacation time.

Actually, I won't post the 2nd one since it appears in a really bad quality in my camera. Maybe if I manage to capture it in a way that it won't be 5 times worse than the original. Not that the original is anything great but anyway.

Lol i thought you hated that pokemon........ora are you planing to put in on your dart board? Toungue Anyway , as always it's great Smile
I hated it when it was used agaist me in clever and destructive for my team ways. Now that I added to my team, I can at least appreciate it's usefulness. But apart from that, I like it as a Pokémon generally, not only for competitive battles.
Cyndaquil like your almost perfect Divided by Zer0
These almost look like drawings...
Meh just kidding, You keep improving with each one you draw, well done.
^
It's mostly the sketching lessons I take rather than self-improvement. But still, practice like this helps a bit.

And thanks for all the positive comments.
These days I've been playing more TF2 than anything else and I had an idea about a sketch. It's the first one that I make based on a concept rather than just sketching. Anyway, I found it a bit difficult to finish this one and the result isn't what I really expected. But still, you can understand what it is supposed to be, I think. There are many mistakes, including the position of his head, proportions, his arms and feet and the way objects are placed in space. And please, about the face, I know it isn't the best element of the sketch, I know I need to improve in such things. I tried, at least.

And the background of the sketch. TF2, being a multiplayer fps game, has a mode called capture the flag, where your team must capture the enemy intelligence briefcase while protecting yours. The Scout class shines in this mode since they are able to go to the enemy base in literally seconds, mess up enemy heavy defences while they are setting up, capture the intel and deliever it back to their base before all others manage to achieve anything important. In fact, unlike my sketch, they are small, thin and younger (about in the age of a high-school student). And I love how fast they ensure victory for their team, actually playing the game and not turning it to a pointless fight of patience and firepower.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's