Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Kingnothing412's rain team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.This is another team that i haven't made yet but i was wondering if its good.Its suposed to be a rain team........

Nature:modest
Ability: drizzle
Item: leftovers

~ scald
~ ice beam
~ focus blast
~ HP grass

252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 HP

Nature:modest
Ability: levitate
Item: expert belt

~ thunder
~ Will-o-wisp
~ Pain split
~ hydro pump

252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA

Nature:Timid
Ability:Unburden
item: white hearb

~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Leaf Storm
~ Hidden Power Ice

4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Nature:jolly
Ability:Skill link
Item: focus sash

~ shell smash
~ Razor shell
~ icicle spear
~ rock blast

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Nature:jolly
Ability: Dry skin
Item: black sludge

~ sucker punch
~ drain punch
~ swords dance
~ Ice punch

248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Nature:carefull
Ability: torrent
Item: leftovers

~ curse
~ waterfall
~ earthquake
~ avalanche

252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD /

Let me know if its good or not or if i should change something.Also i was thinking of puting a gyrados in it but i don't know which one i should replace.....

Again i made this team based on smogon.......Sorry about that....Confused But i did try to change things where i think it needed a change.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/politoed
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/rotom-w
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/sceptile
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/cloyster
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/toxicroak
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/swampert
Well i think you should put full ev in speed on electrode cause with 156 some pokemon will be able to outspeed u without having higher base speed stat like aerodactyl which can taunt you and then your team will lose its rain dance.As for the hidden power on milotic i prefer grass type.if you want an ice move choose ice beam or blizzard.you should give Electrode a damp rock.actually you cant have it hold focus sash and give one to Sharpedo if you play with item clause.For Omastar's speed EVs the choice is up to what you want it for sweeper or physical wall?If its the second(which probably is) i think its ok,otherwise you should have your ev spread reconsidered.
Thats from me.Hope I helped(well at least i tryed)
(13-08-2011 04:52 PM)tzanakos Wrote: [ -> ]Well i think you should put full ev in speed on electrode cause with 156 some pokemon will be able to outspeed u without having higher base speed stat like aerodactyl which can taunt you and then your team will lose its rain dance.As for the hidden power on milotic i prefer grass type.if you want an ice move choose ice beam or blizzard.you should give Electrode a damp rock.actually you cant have it hold focus sash and give one to Sharpedo if you play with item clause.For Omastar's speed EVs the choice is up to what you want it for sweeper or physical wall?If its the second(which probably is) i think its ok,otherwise you should have your ev spread reconsidered.
Thats from me.Hope I helped(well at least i tryed)

Thanks Smile ill see what i can do.
Well, I guess your Electrode's main purpose is to rain dance. Why don't you replace it with a DW Politoed, which has the ability Drizzle? This way, you won't have to waste a turn in Rain Dance and your Politoed can start using immediately Hydro Pump.

Even without EVs, IVs and nature a DW Politoed is invaluable just cause it guarantees rain. You can find one in Pokémon Deam World, if you have access to it.
(13-08-2011 05:36 PM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I guess your Electrode's main purpose is to rain dance. Why don't you replace it with a DW Politoed, which has the ability Drizzle? This way, you won't have to waste a turn in Rain Dance and your Politoed can start using immediately Hydro Pump.

Even without EVs, IVs and nature a DW Politoed is invaluable just cause it guarantees rain. You can find one in Pokémon Deam World, if you have access to it.

ok thanks!Btw im probably going to rng that as well Toungue but im just asking out of curiosity, how many dream points must you have to be able to meet one?
Unfortunately, you have to gather 10k Dream Points in order to meet a Poliwag in Pleasant Forest. Then you can evolve and if you get a female, breed it.
(13-08-2011 05:54 PM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, you have to gather 10k Dream Points in order to meet a Poliwag in Pleasant Forest. Then you can evolve and if you get a female, breed it.

Great , i have 1500 Confused.........anyway thanks.Also if its not to much to ask for what set would you recomend for the politoed?
I don't want to be a killjoy, but do you have a 2nd Gen V game to get Politoad? Anyway this has big problem, type wise: Two Electrics and 3 waters...big weakness to Ground and Electric, two common types. Also do give Omastar the speed Evs, if you plan to outspeed stuff. 292 speed is not enough IMO, because it can be easily outsped. On the other hand if you make it a physical wall, it will be ok. Give Milotic Scald, the 30% chance for burn is crucial in a staller with no other status move. If you're not giving sceptile a berry or anything consumable, Unburden is useless. Hope i helped ^.^
(13-08-2011 10:12 PM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to be a killjoy, but do you have a 2nd Gen V game to get Politoad? Anyway this has big problem, type wise: Two Electrics and 3 waters...big weakness to Ground and Electric, two common types. Also do give Omastar the speed Evs, if you plan to outspeed stuff. 292 speed is not enough IMO, because it can be easily outsped. On the other hand if you make it a physical wall, it will be ok. Give Milotic Scald, the 30% chance for burn is crucial in a staller with no other status move. If you're not giving sceptile a berry or anything consumable, Unburden is useless. Hope i helped ^.^

ok i'll see what i can do about the types........would puting a siesmitoad instead of an omastar be a good idea?or a swampert?Quagsire with dwa?And a toxicroak or rotom-h in milotic's place to counter grass types.........

i was thinking of something like
politoed , rotom-w , sceptile , Sharpedo , toxicroak/rotom-h , swampert/siesmitoad/quagsire
or should i leave jolteon as it is?
Actually since its a rain dance team rotom-h would not be a good counter for grass types since its fire type moves will be halved.

An ebazes to thema sto elliniko thread(an yparxei) tha itan pio eykolo na apantame kai tha eimastan pio katanohtoi.......
(13-08-2011 11:37 PM)tzanakos Wrote: [ -> ]Actually since its a rain dance team rotom-h would not be a good counter for grass types since its fire type moves will be halved.

An ebazes to thema sto elliniko thread(an yparxei) tha itan pio eykolo na apantame kai tha eimastan pio katanohtoi.......

ok so it would be better if i put
politoed , rotom-w/jolteon , sceptile , Sharpedo , toxicroak , swampert/siesmitoad/quagsire
?

Which do i chose?Rotom-w or jolteon?Swampert siesmitoad or quagsire with DWA?

kai signomi.......nomiza pws to forum einai polyethniko......kl posoi Elleines eimaste edw???Big Grin dld ektos apo ton Vezok78 oloi elines eimaste edw?
Όλοι Έλληνες είμαστε σχεδον Confused
(14-08-2011 01:05 AM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]Όλοι Έλληνες είμαστε σχεδον Confused

Lol! Big Grin ok sorry i'll know for next time.....if there's anything you want to say and don't know how to say it just say it in greek.Rolleyes its only up till now were all greeks here.......Anyway im changing my team.....

EDIT: Its finished.
Seems nicer, BUT, you have to keep in mind that Drizzle+Swift swim is banned in PO and such places. Defensive coverage has improved, yes, but still it needs some tweaks. Firstly Rotom-W would be better like this: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpA - Modest - Hydro Pmp, Pain split, W-O-W and thunder. Also give it lefties and to go around item clause give toxicroak black sludge. Now on the offensive side, you might get walled at times but it seems ok. You might want to remove Focus Fail from politoed Toungue. For some coverage you can add Scizor, who will love being able to survive Fire-type attacks. You can also change Sharpedo with a shel smash Cloyster to OHKo half the metagame Toungue. Hope i helped
(14-08-2011 06:52 PM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems nicer, BUT, you have to keep in mind that Drizzle+Swift swim is banned in PO and such places. Defensive coverage has improved, yes, but still it needs some tweaks. Firstly Rotom-W would be better like this: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpA - Modest - Hydro Pmp, Pain split, W-O-W and thunder. Also give it lefties and to go around item clause give toxicroak black sludge. Now on the offensive side, you might get walled at times but it seems ok. You might want to remove Focus Fail from politoed Toungue. For some coverage you can add Scizor, who will love being able to survive Fire-type attacks. You can also change Sharpedo with a shel smash Cloyster to OHKo half the metagame Toungue. Hope i helped

Yes i found out about seismitoad.......Intead i think i'll use a swampert.......or do you think quagsire is better?
Anyway thanks for the tips.I'll try to improve it now.

Edit: i forgot to say i tested this team on the smogon servers and i won about 50% of the battles........in other words it could certainaly be better.Also focus blast seemed to be quite usefull.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's