Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Top 3 most overrated pokemon.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So what are the top 3 pokemon you think get too much attention and are considered too strong?(explain why)

3) Mew[Image: 151.png]
Seriously why mew?Everybody loves mew so much and i can't really see the reason.......Whats so good about a floating pink cat?I know it is a strong pokemon and its movepool makes it very useful but i think it gets too much attention........Undecided A lot of people think its very strong and put it in the same category as legendaries like ho-oh , mewtwo , deoxys and reyquaza although it shouldn't be more popular than jirachi , celebi and victini imo......Confused

2) Charizard[Image: 6.png]
Every time i ask a random person what their favorite pokemon is , they will always say charizard for some wierd reason.Why?Its the second weakest (emboar being the worst) fire starter of them all.And its useless.There are other pokemon that are similar to it as well just that they are much more powerful (dragonite , salamence , drudigon , skarmory , archeops , braviary etc).And its usually the people that don't really know much about pokemon apart from the anime and the RPG they played once in their life.(also , like pikachu , you see it everywere.)

1) Arceus[Image: 498.png]
Arceus fails........it is really useless and weak (for what its suposed to be) and it just does not really look like a god.The idea behind it was terrible (imo). But what's most anoying is that Everyone thinks its the strongest and rarest pokemon........Dodgy Seriously , What IS so good about it? There are much better pokemon than that and its stats are not put in an order that make it more powerful than other pokemon.The fact that its rare does not make it a good pokemon. Confused Personaly i believed its one of the worst pokemon to ever be created.

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST MY OPINION
I will agree 100% on Arceus so that makes 2 pokemon left.

Second would be..Blissey.I get it, it has awesome HP and Sp.Def.It IS the best special wall in the game.However, why do I have to see it so often ? I mean, why so many think like "I need a bulky pokemon with high defenses..I will get a Blissey.".It might be a great special wall but it gets so easily defeated by the likes of Machamp, Conkeldurr and Lucario.There are pokemon that could replace it better.Besides, a normal type tank (no resistances apart from Ghost immunity) is not what I call ideal.

Third most overrated pokemon in my opinion is..Terrakion.This freaking demon lurks all (and this is literal) triple battle teams who have over 500 victories.And why ? Because everyone Beats it Up to maximize its attack.However, all of the people who do it usually miss one tiny thing : Max out its HP and it is slow enough to be defeated by a medicore Psychic or Fight sweeper.Max out its Speed and it can be KOed by Milotic's Surf (especially if it survives max Attack Rock SLide thanks to heightened defense+HP or FOcus Sash).
I oughta add Salamence... It's pretty powerful alright, but it can be countered. Why make it a Uber? Silliness.
(02-11-2011 03:37 PM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone thinks its the strongest and rarest pokemon........Dodgy Seriously , What IS so good about it?
You can have it in every type you want Toungue.That's very good imo xD
^ Essentially it's 17 different Pokemon in one, and each of them has a very diverse movepool and an incredibly customizable array of stats. You could say Arceus IS the single best Pokemon that there is right now because of this diversity and power, it definitely isn't overrated.

And btw I think Charizard is probably more underrated than anything else 'cause of Stealth Rock Toungue Solar Power sun-boosted Specs Fire Blast is an instant 2HKO on practically anything in the game and an OHKO on a myriad of other Pokemon.
(02-11-2011 03:37 PM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]REMEMBER THIS IS JUST MY OPINION

@Adk&Shiv: i should have said this from the begining.........anyway what pokemon do you think are to overrated?

everyone's free to express their opinion.
Just a quick question, how many people here have played the uber tier against an experienced user of Arceus? And in which gen? Cause I'm not so sure it really is overrated. As far as Charizard is concerned, it's certainly quite bad competitively, but it still rocks. Most people like it because of "nostalgia-reasons", myself partially included.

(a bit "off topic" but anyway xD)
I don't think that any of the three aforementioned pokemon is overrated.I haven't heard any ''competitive'' player claiming that charizard is a competitive pokemon(although it can be very dangerous with solar power + sun).Arceus is not overrated at all.Basically it's the best pokemon in the uber tier if used correctly.As mentioned before,it has perfect type diversity and also a powerfull STAB included.Mew is overrated but not able to make the Top 3 of overrated pokemon IMO.Apart from that it's the best batton passer in the game in any possible tier and also has the perfect movepool,making it very difficult to predict.

@GeorgeSlayer : I have used and faced Arceus in Gen.5 and it's surely extremely difficult to counter(at least the normal arceus with Extremespeed,which can finish matches with just 1 Swords Dance).
I know some won't agree, but I think Excadrill is one crazy overrated pokemon. Smogon banned this? Really now? Just hurt it a bit on the turn he SD's and then kill him with priority.

However Arceus is NOT overrated. He can learn every move and has 120 Base Stats everywhere? If we call a sweeper with 125 base Atk strong and a wall with 100+ HP and 80-100 Def/SDef strong, then what is this guy supposed to be? I guess the real problem is his movepull and the TM moves aren't helping to make him a tank/wall.
(04-11-2011 08:41 PM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]I know some won't agree, but I think Excadrill is one crazy overrated pokemon. Smogon banned this? Really now? Just hurt it a bit on the turn he SD's and then kill him with priority.

However Arceus is NOT overrated. He can learn every move and has 120 Base Stats everywhere? If we call a sweeper with 125 base Atk strong and a wall with 100+ HP and 80-100 Def/SDef strong, then what is this guy supposed to be? I guess the real problem is his movepull and the TM moves aren't helping to make him a tank/wall.

Im talking about the ubesr tier ofc.Look at this:

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/ho-oh

Its nearly as powerfull as arceus but no one ever gives it as much atention as they give to arceus.Some other pokemon that can easily be considered much better than arceus:

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/lugia
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/deoxys-a
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/mewtwo
Even kyogre:
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/kyogre

And , how exactly can you use it?Its not easy to find a good stratergy to use it.As i said before the way its stats are spread out make it useless. Its just a mew with 120 at everything instead of 100.

Anyway , nice avatar & sig @Vezok and this was @everyone not just Vezok.

(And remember this is still just my opinion........Confused )
(04-11-2011 09:38 PM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]As i said before the way its stats are spread out make it useless.

STAB Extremespeed coming off a base 120 Atk from a very bulky sweeper that has access to Swords Dance is faaaaaaaaar from useless in my opinion.
None of the above comparisons is really correct(in my opinion) simply because Arceus is kinda unique.It's the most balanced Uber Pokemon as it can do almost everything really well and also has the ability to change types.It can be a phazer,a revenge killer,a set-up sweeper,a phazer.I don't think that there is any other pokemon that can take so many roles effectively.It don't mean it's the best pokemon but it is surely one of the best and should never be underestimated.

Edit: @ NM2 : +1
(04-11-2011 10:34 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2011 09:38 PM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]As i said before the way its stats are spread out make it useless.

STAB Extremespeed coming off a base 120 Atk from a very bulky sweeper that has access to Swords Dance is faaaaaaaaar from useless in my opinion.

Why not just use rayquaza? Dodgy or even better , Deoxys-a.It doesn't even need the ss or dd.

Anyway @Christos21 ok its good but certainly not good enough to be called unbeatable or MUCH better than anything else.
(04-11-2011 10:38 PM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just use rayquaza? Dodgy or even better , Deoxys-a.It doesn't even need the ss or dd.

Because half of the Pokémon in ubers are Psychic- or Dragon-type and you need something different? Because of STAB? Because of the aditional options in its movepool? Because of its incredible bulk for a sweeper?

Anyway, my opinion is that no Pokémon can be overrated. Underrated, maybe, because some people may not appreciate a Pokémon's "niche" that differentiates it from other Pokémon. But you can't overrate a Pokémon. If it's good, it's good, you can't say it's the best because no Pokémon is clearly the best.
(04-11-2011 03:01 PM)GeorgeSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick question, how many people here have played the uber tier against an experienced user of Arceus? And in which gen? Cause I'm not so sure it really is overrated.

I have only played one Uber battle in my life against Blue and it was Arceus who did the final job and helped me win in the end Toungue It really is terrifying how boosting with just one SD with this Pokemon can certify the win. And I had used just one of the many possible combinations of this thing, I can't even begin to imagine the roles it can have in a well-balanced team.

(04-11-2011 03:01 PM)GeorgeSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]As far as Charizard is concerned, it's certainly quite bad competitively, but it still rocks.

Oooh sorry man, I couldn't help myself, it was just too obvious xD
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's