Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: LP's Tiers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So.........everyone knows about Smogon's Tiers that everybody follows.A lot of people do not like these however and i was thinking , why not just list them ourselves?Ofc this will just be for fun but if we all come to a conclusion that everybody agrees on and if the Admins approve , who knows?Maybe we could have our very own (legendary pokemon.net's that is) tiers list Smile

For a start lets just have the Uber tier , The Normal tier and the Lower tier.
At first it does not really mater if you don't want to post the normal tier pokemon and the lower tier.But please , post your ubers tier. Smile

So , i'll start:

I'll finish the rest later.Also if you think i should add a tier or want me to change the names of them please let me know. I'll add banned stuff later as well.
Interesting thread and LP's tiers would be great but a lot of time is needed to accomplish such a project.I will only post a ubers list since the other tiers are supposed to be formed by usage stats.

Ubers
Pokemon:Arceus,Blaziken,Darkrai,Deoxys,Deoxys-A,Dialga,Garchomp,Giratina,Giratina-O,Groudon,Ho-Oh,Kyogre,Lugia,Mewtwo,Palkia,Rayquaza,Reshiram,Shaymin-S,Thundurus,Wobbufet,Wynaut,Zekrom
Abilities:Moody,Sand Veil,Snow Cloak,Drizzle + Swift Swim in the same team and all the unreleased abilities

I would like to explain of my decisions since this topic can be turned into a nice conversation.
Excadrill: It's very annoying and dangerous in OU but as it seems to me,the standard tier was much better with him.Now that excadrill is banned,drizzle has become the dominant weather and drizzle stall's usage has increased dramatically.In other words,the metagame became too much centralized around a few pokemon and therefore became much more boring.
Manaphy: I don't really know why it had became uber.It's an excellent pokemon in OU Drizzle(not that much in Ubers due to Kyogre and Palkia) but it can't be considered that broken to become Uber there are pokemon who can easily counter the pixie.However i'd like some more information about the topic someone more experienced.
Wobbuffet and Wynaut: I think you can all understand why these pokemon should become uber.The only think that really scares them is a +6 pokemon that will OHKO them Toungue
Moody,Sand Veil,Snow Cloak: All these three abilities violate the hax clause and i can't understand why smogon hasn't banned the latter two yet..
Not Banning SandStream + SandRush and Drought + Chlorophyll : In my point of view,these combinations of abilities should not be banned for the following reasons.Sand Stream + Sand Rush cannot be considered broken since there are only two pokemon who can abuse this combination: Excadrill and Stoutland.Both of these pokemon are weak to the very common priority and none of them can work as a real stallbreaker ...unless excadrill haxes the opponent with 2 rock slide flinches after a boost xD.Drought + Chlorophyll is a strong combination whose ban should be considered due to the amount of pokemon that can abuse this combination.Unfortunately,despite having too many abusers isn't as powerfull as it could have been if it had better abusers.Every Chlorophyll abuser has almost the same typing,is very frail and doesn't have that great typing and movepool which would allow it to be a real threat for a well built team.

P.S: Remember,that's just my opinion Toungue , would like to read yours as well Smile
(16-11-2011 11:55 PM)christos21 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting thread and LP's tiers would be great but a lot of time is needed to accomplish such a project.I will only post a ubers list since the other tiers are supposed to be formed by usage stats.

Ubers
Pokemon:Arceus,Blaziken,Darkrai,Deoxys,Deoxys-A,Dialga,Garchomp,Giratina,Giratina-O,Groudon,Ho-Oh,Kyogre,Lugia,Mewtwo,Palkia,Rayquaza,Reshiram,Shaymin-S,Thundurus,Wobbufet,Wynaut,Zekrom
Abilities:Moody,Sand Veil,Snow Cloak,Drizzle + Swift Swim in the same team and all the unreleased abilities

I would like to explain of my decisions since this topic can be turned into a nice conversation.
Excadrill: It's very annoying and dangerous in OU but as it seems to me,the standard tier was much better with him.Now that excadrill is banned,drizzle has become the dominant weather and drizzle stall's usage has increased dramatically.In other words,the metagame became too much centralized around a few pokemon and therefore became much more boring.
Manaphy: I don't really know why it had became uber.It's an excellent pokemon in OU Drizzle(not that much in Ubers due to Kyogre and Palkia) but it can't be considered that broken to become Uber there are pokemon who can easily counter the pixie.However i'd like some more information about the topic someone more experienced.
Wobbuffet and Wynaut: I think you can all understand why these pokemon should become uber.The only think that really scares them is a +6 pokemon that will OHKO them Toungue
Moody,Sand Veil,Snow Cloak: All these three abilities violate the hax clause and i can't understand why smogon hasn't banned the latter two yet..
Not Banning SandStream + SandRush and Drought + Chlorophyll : In my point of view,these combinations of abilities should not be banned for the following reasons.Sand Stream + Sand Rush cannot be considered broken since there are only two pokemon who can abuse this combination: Excadrill and Stoutland.Both of these pokemon are weak to the very common priority and none of them can work as a real stallbreaker ...unless excadrill haxes the opponent with 2 rock slide flinches after a boost xD.Drought + Chlorophyll is a strong combination whose ban should be considered due to the amount of pokemon that can abuse this combination.Unfortunately,despite having too many abusers isn't as powerfull as it could have been if it had better abusers.Every Chlorophyll abuser has almost the same typing,is very frail and doesn't have that great typing and movepool which would allow it to be a real threat for a well built team.

P.S: Remember,that's just my opinion Toungue , would like to read yours as well Smile
Yes ofc this can not be done in a day. And i do agree with a lot of your bans And i don't know why i haven't put wynaunt in my ubers list.......with eviolite it's probably more threatening than wobufett isn't it?Anyway Im happy you think this thread is a good idea Smile I'll explain my List when i finish it.
I would like to suggest to refer to the reasons some non-legendary are ubers, next to their names.For instance : Blaziken (Speed Boost), Serperior (Contrary+Leaf Storm).Actually, I aim mostly at the ones who got an insane DWA/Gen V boost.
This way, there will be no misunderstandings, as a Blaziken with the Blaze ability is not that much of an Uber, I believe.Mostly the same applies for Serperior,

By the way why is Riolu in the Ubers ?
(17-11-2011 12:41 PM)Argente844 Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to suggest to refer to the reasons some non-legendary are ubers, next to their names.For instance : Blaziken (Speed Boost), Serperior (Contrary+Leaf Storm).Actually, I aim mostly at the ones who got an insane DWA/Gen V boost.
This way, there will be no misunderstandings, as a Blaziken with the Blaze ability is not that much of an Uber, I believe.Mostly the same applies for Serperior,

By the way why is Riolu in the Ubers ?

Yes im still working on that.But then again its not just mine its what all of us have in common that counts.Then when we are done with finding all the basics we can talk about which ones wi think shoud/should not be in that tier etc.
Now , DWA Riolu i hear is very dangerous........Priority copycat and roar.Look here:

I Don't know....maybe its not that bad.....But still...It also has that eviolite.
lol! it is too funny and too.......... you are right!
Thsi is much harder than it looks...i think another tier is necessary. Undecided
Riolu was quite good in that ^^ battle although the opponent's team wasn't really well built.Who the hell used excadrill without sandstorm :S ?Not to mention that glaceon lead was just a fail.However riolu can't be a uber just because of prankster.Taunt from other prankster users shuts it off as sandstorm(only if it has focus sash) and lack of spikes does.
Λοιπον ας εκφρασω και εγω την γνωμη μου(στα Ελληνικα μιας και δεν βλεπω καποιος ξενος ενδιαφερθει να ποσταρει εδω.
Εγω προτεινω να γινει μια προσπαθεια απο ολους για να αλλαξουμε τελειως το Competitve γιατι αλλαζοντα μερικα Pokemon tier θα καταληξουμε να ειμαστε σαν τo Competitive του Smogon με μερικες διαφορες.Πως θα σας φενοταν αν καναμε δικους μας κανονες? π.χ. να χρησιμοποιουμε team με ποικιλια δηλαδη Pokemon απο ολα τα tiers? 1 Uber 2 OU 2 UU Και 1 RU/UU?Να αλλαξουμε επισης διαφορους <> και να βαλουμε τους δικους μας κανονες.Γενικα να φτιαξουμε το δικο μας Competitive.Ελπιζω να γινει πραξη παντως και μην μεινει στα λογια.Εγω παντως διατιθομαι να το πραγματοποιησω αυτο για αυτον τον λογο οποιος θελει το λεω εδω η με πμ και μου στελνει FB/MSN/Skype για να συνεωηθουμε καλυτερα.Το μονο που χρειαζεται ειναι ελευθερος χρονος και διαθεση.
Edit: Αν δεν υπαρχει συμμετοχη δυστηχως δεν μπορουμε να πραγματοποιησουμε τιποτα.
(17-11-2011 01:48 PM)christos21 Wrote: [ -> ]Riolu was quite good in that ^^ battle although the opponent's team wasn't really well built.Who the hell used excadrill without sandstorm :S ?Not to mention that glaceon lead was just a fail.However riolu can't be a uber just because of prankster.Taunt from other prankster users shuts it off as sandstorm(only if it has focus sash) and lack of spikes does.

well....true........ok then i'll have to split the tiers into 4 Undecided from what i can see 3 is not enough.......
(17-11-2011 02:03 PM)Giorgosss Wrote: [ -> ]Λοιπον ας εκφρασω και εγω την γνωμη μου(στα Ελληνικα μιας και δεν βλεπω καποιος ξενος ενδιαφερθει να ποσταρει εδω.
Εγω προτεινω να γινει μια προσπαθεια απο ολους για να αλλαξουμε τελειως το Competitve γιατι αλλαζοντα μερικα Pokemon tier θα καταληξουμε να ειμαστε σαν τo Competitive του Smogon με μερικες διαφορες.Πως θα σας φενοταν αν καναμε δικους μας κανονες? π.χ. να χρησιμοποιουμε team με ποικιλια δηλαδη Pokemon απο ολα τα tiers? 1 Uber 2 OU 2 UU Και 1 RU/UU?Να αλλαξουμε επισης διαφορους <> και να βαλουμε τους δικους μας κανονες.Γενικα να φτιαξουμε το δικο μας Competitive.Ελπιζω να γινει πραξη παντως και μην μεινει στα λογια.Εγω παντως διατιθομαι να το πραγματοποιησω αυτο για αυτον τον λογο οποιος θελει το λεω εδω η με πμ και μου στελνει FB/MSN/Skype για να συνεωηθουμε καλυτερα.Το μονο που χρειαζεται ειναι ελευθερος χρονος και διαθεση.
Edit: Αν δεν υπαρχει συμμετοχη δυστηχως δεν μπορουμε να πραγματοποιησουμε τιποτα.
I totally agree , although i didn't think a lot of people would want that. That is a really good idea and we should keep this under consideration once we are done with the tiers because i think that will be necessary as well.

(btw im using English so that others can understand what's going on.......but until someone who does not know Greek shows up feel free to speak in Greek.I'll Just continue speaking in English.You can all understand me without difficulties , right?If you are struggling tell me... )
This looks really interesting as an idea but I hadn't in the best mood for Pokémon the last week, especially competitive. So I might offer some help in around one week or so, when I will have finished with my english exams and will have more free time (and an urge to play Pokémon, hopefully). Anyway, till then, good luck with your operation.
I can also help if something good happens eventually.However,i think we should do this in Xmas when everybody will have plenty of time(apart from those who are in the last grade of school :/ ).
Anyway i will speak in English too,although i don't think foreigners will post here but whatever xD
And i agree with you Christos21 Xmas is a good time to start this project.So for now we tell who wants to help so we can make this difficult project and when school will close for vacations we can start with this project.
(17-11-2011 02:55 PM)Giorgosss Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway i will speak in English too,although i don't think foreigners will post here but whatever xD
And i agree with you Christos21 Xmas is a good time to start this project.So for now we tell who wants to help so we can make this difficult project and when school will close for vacations we can start with this project.

Actually........i thought that the main thing would start in summer.For now lets just do the ubers voting thing then.......In Christmas we can start thinking about everything else and in summer we try to finish it.(ofc not as soon summer starts , but somwhere at the end of jully or the start of August.Great Smile Im looking foward to this Big Grin
Yes, great idea. We could actualy use our own tiers in future tournaments. We could also give them our own names. I never though terms like "Never used" werers uitable anyway. I'm willing to help when I get more time Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's