Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Which came first, Digimon or Pokemon? The answer is obvious.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(10-03-2012 06:41 PM)GIANNIS Wrote: [ -> ]beeing ironic wont solve anything here...

i am just stating my opinion...dont be close minded and dont start fanboism...
Ironic comments are also part of a conversation as long as they don't offend anyone. So deal with it. Sleepy

If I was a fanboy I wouldn't praise good Pokemon-like games like Azure Dreams and I wouldn't be a Digimon Tamers fan. And the problem is not if Digimon try to imitate Pokemon. The problem is with the Digimon fanboys who truly believe that Pokemon imitated Digimon which is totally absurd and that's the point of this thread. If you had read the thread carefully you would have realised that instead.

By the way this thread would help you a lot:
http://animeplanet.gr/forum/topic9961.html

(11-03-2012 07:32 AM)Giratina88 Wrote: [ -> ]Y u no like my ponies?
I don't like them and don't dare to ask why otherwise I'll burn you like a Charizard. humantorch
(11-03-2012 12:53 PM)Vetus Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like them and don't dare to ask why otherwise I'll burn you like a Charizard. humantorch

Orbiital Friendship Cannon power at 20%.

So, personally I prefer the air....I mean Pokemon, but I don't mind the existence of Digimon. Even though the concept of Digimon is essentially a copy of the one Pokemon has, Digimon seems to have expanded it in some ways. Also, I'm sure that the Digimon anime is better than the Pokemon one.
Yes, Pokémon came first, but I don't even care about that. What caught my eye was this:

(09-03-2012 08:36 AM)Vetus Wrote: [ -> ]And speaking for the anime, Digimon fans seems to have low standars about anime generally. It can't be explained otherwise the fact that they hate Digimon Tamers so much even if objectively it's much better than Digimon Adventures. Even me that I hate Digimon I love Digimon Tamers.

Objectively much better, really? Who decides what's objectively better? What people like and consider to be better is just an opinion, not a fact. You can't have objective opinions. You're basically rejecting their opinion because you've formed your own, nothing wrong with that, but also nothing objective with that.

As for why they like the first two seasons more than the third one, why does a good number of Pokémon fans prefer Gens I and II over the rest? Nostalgia maybe? Because it's the original and they don't think something can surpass the original? There are many reasons, I won't argue with them.

Oh and Digimon World and Digimon World 2 were pretty cool games. I even had fun playing Digimon Rumble Arena with classmates as a 10-year-old.
Well in my opinion, Digimon isn't that bad. I like how the Digimon actually talk instead of just saying their own names, which gets kinda annoying in Pokemon. The plot isn't that bad either. Problem is, like a lot of other cartoons, they reuse sound effects, more specifically with that giant beetlethingyIforgetwhatit'scalled. Why couldn't they have talked to ME? I'm GREAT at dragon roars, as I can perfectly mimic Ridley and Alduin. But where was I? Oh yes, Digimon. But it's not as good as Pokemon is. Pokemon tops them all XD
(11-03-2012 12:53 PM)Vetus Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2012 06:41 PM)GIANNIS Wrote: [ -> ]beeing ironic wont solve anything here...

i am just stating my opinion...dont be close minded and dont start fanboism...
Ironic comments are also part of a conversation as long as they don't offend anyone. So deal with it. Sleepy

If I was a fanboy I wouldn't praise good Pokemon-like games like Azure Dreams and I wouldn't be a Digimon Tamers fan. And the problem is not if Digimon try to imitate Pokemon. The problem is with the Digimon fanboys who truly believe that Pokemon imitated Digimon which is totally absurd and that's the point of this thread. If you had read the thread carefully you would have realised that insted

i didnt say you are a fanboy...but how you react to comments of this thread gives me this picture.....i read the thread and stated my opinion, what's wrong with it ?
like NM2 said you cant reject someones opinion just because you dont like it !!!
Y so much sensitivity towards opinions? For the record, I agree with Giannis. There is nothing wrong with stating your opinion, and if that turns people into fan boys that easy, then that's their problem. Why don't we all try to keep the hate down and be nice to each other. And honestly, I don't think there are any Digimon fanboys who think that Digimon came before Pokemon on this website, or on most websites. Even I knew that Pokemon games came before Digimon.
(11-03-2012 09:31 PM)Giratina88 Wrote: [ -> ]Y so much sensitivity towards opinions? For the record, I agree with Giannis. There is nothing wrong with stating your opinion, and if that turns people into fan boys that easy, then that's their problem. Why don't we all try to keep the hate down and be nice to each other. And honestly, I don't think there are any Digimon fanboys who think that Digimon came before Pokemon on this website, or on most websites. Even I knew that Pokemon games came before Digimon.

i couldn't agree more with you Big Grin

lets stop this and start the convertation from the beggining Big Grin
What would happen if Digimon and Pokemon crossed over?
I barely know anything about Digimon. In fact I've seen only a few pictures of them. :|
(12-03-2012 04:21 AM)mystery.55 Wrote: [ -> ]What would happen if Digimon and Pokemon crossed over?

It's called a bad fanfic XD
No its called a horrible fanfic. or the end of all thats cool about pokemon. It would be like naruto without icha icha

Hawkcam1996

Digimon and Pokemon are very similar in some areas, but they have a lot more differences than similarities. Basically the only similarities are the 'raising monsters' thing and evolving them, oh yeah, and introducing new monsters every season. But the differences are more numerous. For example, there's the whole talking thing that was mentioned in this thread, de-evolving(also mentioned), and only digimon per character(also mentioned). There's also other differences, like the fact that only a chosen few recieve digimon, whereas basically everyone gets a pokemon, every season of digimon after the first has its own special gimick that sets it aside from the others(season 2: armor-digivolution, season 3: digi-modify cards, season 4: spirit evolution, and so on), whereas pokemon has been, for the most part, the same for every season(until recent ones where DNA splicer and Mega Evolution were added[which I personally believe those really were ripped off of digimon's forms of fusion and digivolution. Seriously, how is Mega Evolution not the same as digivolution aside from names? Both require a bond between the human and the monster, and both return to their previous form after the battle is over]), and finally, digimon, while having different characters each season, always has one main character that wears goggles, whereas Pokemon has had the exact same main charatcer for every season, while changing those he travels with. So digimon is NOT an exact copy of Pokemon, it just used a similar basic idea, just like Dragon Ball and Ranma 1/2 both use martial arts and ki manipulation, and Avatar: The Last Airbender and Xiaolin Showdown used element manipulation and chi. Just because Pokemon came first, doesn't mean digimon is a rip-off.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon, and I never really watched digimon while it was on tv, but I did watch it eventually and I love it just as much as Pokemon. My personal favorite seasons are Tamers and Frontier(aside from Adventure 01). I liked digi-modify and spirit evolution. As for Pokemon, my favorite era was when Ash was in the Hoenn region. Deoxys remains my favorite Pokemon while Guilmon is my favorite Digimon.

As for Digimon looking like Pokemon, I'd chalk that one up as coincidence(and by the way, Guilmon looks a lot more like Charmeleon than Agumon. Aside from the markings on Guilmon's body, the biggest difference is the bat ears).

And does anyone even bother with the trading cards? Sure they're alright to collect, but Ijust stick them in a box to collect dust because there's not really much you can do with them. Pretending to have a Digimon or Pokemon battle with cards isn' nearly as entertaining as doing it in a game.

As for the games, Digimon World was okay. I wouldn't go as far as calling it the best game in the world, but when it comes to games in its genre, it' among the top three in my book, right behind the main Pokemon games. Also, did anyone here actually LIKE the mystery dungeon games? I thought it was okay, but not worth even a little bit of game time.

Oh yeah, and a crossover between the two wouldn't really be all that bad if it's done right. At least that's what I think.

All the similarities and differences I mentioned, as well as others, can be found here:

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan:Digimo...k%C3%A9mon

And yes, I know Wikipedia isn't exactly the best source, but I know for a fact that this information is reliable(having playing many of their games and watched their animes).
You are so wrong. Digimon was based of tamagotchi and was made from tamagotchi. As V-PET. It was never a Pokemon ripoff. If anything Pokemon is a dragon quest 4 and 5 (1990) ripoff. And Pokemon name is original pocket monsters. Anyone saw both knows digimon is by far more creative. The new games (redigitize, redigitize decode, masters online) are infinity better than Pokemon games. Pokemon was the same from gen 1 till now. While digimon had the following: evolution, beast evolution, matrix evolution, fusion, evolution after fusing, overdrive evolution, burst mode, X-ANTI BODY, and many others.
(31-08-2014 10:33 PM)Ali257 Wrote: [ -> ]While digimon had the following: evolution, beast evolution, matrix evolution, fusion, evolution after fusing, overdrive evolution, burst mode, X-ANTI BODY, and many others.

I guess some people like complicated things. I'm fine with simplicity, but that's a matter of preference. Toungue
Ok, I like complex things.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's