Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Fairy-type Pokemon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
@christos21
I think it is refreshing for the game. We will go into X and Y still learning type advantages/disadvantages for Fairy type. It's a small challenge to veteran Pokemon gamers who automatically know what's super-effective/not very effective to any Pokemon type combination.
Learning what a type combination is weak to is easy and not a real challenge.It will surely have effects on the metagame battling,especially since it hits dragons for super effective damage.However,something is game refreshing - at least in the way I understand it - when it changes the way the game is played.And a new type can't do that.
(16-06-2013 08:13 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-06-2013 08:00 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want more Pokemon to become Fairy types.
In Gen2,only Magnemite and Magneton became Steel type and 0 Pokemon became Dark type.
Why should we have 50 Pokemon becoming Fairy type now?

You sure are against Fairy type, aren't you Hachi.
May I ask why?

Magnemite and Magneton were the only ones who NEEDED to become Steel type and there wasn't any that NEEDED to become Dark. CleFAIRY NEEDS to become Fairy type. Plus, as GergeSlayer states, we have 650+ Pokemon now.
In order to keep the overall balance with the addition of a new type, many old Pokemon need to gain the new type.

Who said anything about 50+ Pokemon getting retyped?

So,we already have Gardevoir,Marill and Jigglypuff.
Marill's evolution,Azumarill.
Jigglypuff's evolution,Wigglytuff
That makes 5 new Pokemon.
Cleffa,Clefairy and Clefable.8 Pokemon.
Uxie,Mesprit,Azelf and Cresselia.12 Pokemon
Maybe we will also add Igglybuff.13 Pokemon
Should we add Bellossom?14
The Mareep Family?17
Unown?18
Dunsparce?19
Snubbull and Granbull?21
Spoink and Grumpig?23
Castform?24
Luvdisk?25
Bunneary and Loppunny?27
Glameow and Purugly?29
Finneon and Lumineon?31
Victini,Celebi,Mew and Jirachi?35
Audino?36
The Gothita and the Solosis families?42
Alomomola?43
Elguyem and Beheeyem?44

OK!Not 50,but 44.

(16-06-2013 08:25 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]@christos21
I think it is refreshing for the game. We will go into X and Y still learning type advantages/disadvantages for Fairy type. It's a small challenge to veteran Pokemon gamers who automatically know what's super-effective/not very effective to any Pokemon type combination.

One does not simply add a new type and doesn't change many advantages/disadvantages.
Check Gen2
Types were added and the advantages changed.
And if you add 30 new Fairy type Pokemon,then Fairy will become the new Dragon.
Is there any type more masculine than Dragon and Steel?
Also,shall we make Fairy the new Dragon?
The Gay type will be better than the Masculine type?
No problem with homosexuals.I believe they are equal,but not superior.
Dragon is superior since Gen2.Psychic was superior in Gen1.
Now Fairy will be superior?

I don't like Fairy type because I don't want my Hydreigon get beaten by a fairy and because it has a stupid name.If the name was Love,then it would make sense.''Love can beat everything''.Then I would like the new type.
I dont agree with the new type either to be honest.
@hachi : Pokemon are part of a fairytale,where ghosts,dragons and (since X&Y)fairies exist.In fairytales fairies usually beat dragons,so why not in pokemon ? Toungue Don't worry about dragons,they will still be better than fairies and the reason simple : most of the fairies I saw you mention in your post are bad battling pokemon while most dragons are good battling pokemon.Btw,you can't say that a type is going to be the best unless you know what is weak against ; and I guess -through the fairytale method- that it will be weak against dark,ghost and probably fighting and fairy.Which means that it will a bad defensive typing unless it has way too many other resistances.What I want to say is that we can only base our opinions on speculation,which I don't think should happen.

@Question to everybody : Can someone explain me why the hell psychic is weak against bug ? It's one of the few parts of the typing chart I could never understand.
personally i like the fairy type,end of story Toungue

@christos21:maybe because bugs are so annoying they don't let the psychics focus? Toungue
Quote:Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it. (WPM Note: Fairy is confirmed, super effectiveness against Dragon is confirmed.)

-From Pokebeach-

(16-06-2013 09:24 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Uxie,Mesprit,Azelf and Cresselia.
Should we add Bellossom?14
The Mareep Family?17
Unown?18
Dunsparce?19
Snubbull and Granbull?21
Spoink and Grumpig?23
Castform?24
Bunneary and Loppunny?27
Glameow and Purugly?29
Finneon and Lumineon?31
Victini,Celebi,Mew and Jirachi?35

Why you believe Mareep family/Victini/Celebi/Mew/Jirachi should become fairy type?
Snubbull - Granbull just cause they are pink doesn't mean they have to become fairies, or why the fish-looking pokemon (Finneon-Lumineon), Spoink-Grumpig and Bellosom become fairies?
I don't see them becoming fairies but i could be wrong (for some of them)

Quote:I don't like Fairy type because I don't want my Hydreigon get beaten by a fairy and because it has a stupid name.If the name was Love,then it would make sense.''Love can beat everything''.Then I would like the new type.

You just hate fairies cause you don't want dragons to be weak and how does Love sounds better than fairy, we would also have Hate since both are emotions, we have fairies cause we have dragons (yeah i know we should have light cause we have dark, but light could easily be the same as elecrtic Toungue ), in conclusion just accept the fact that fairy is a real type and dragons will be weak to it.
Remember: Fairies include all magical creatures, not just cute Tinkerbell-like things. Goblins, dragons, and evil harbingers of doom are all included in the definition of "fairy". Pokemon such as Absol, Golduck and Ninetales can be Fairy-type.

I have no idea why Psychic is weak to Bug. It's just one of those things.
(16-06-2013 11:26 PM)Alcov1ch Wrote: [ -> ]Remember: Fairies include all magical creatures, not just cute Tinkerbell-like things. Goblins, dragons, and evil harbingers of doom are all included in the definition of "fairy". Pokemon such as Absol, Golduck and Ninetales can be Fairy-type.

I have no idea why Psychic is weak to Bug. It's just one of those things.

I definitely don't want Absol to become a fairy type and i hardly believe it will become.

Quote:All of Psychic's weaknesses are human fears; particularly, those fears that are exaggerated by the mind: the dark, ghosts, and bugs.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/the-ag...201529898/
What we need is a Dragon/Fairy. Beat that! If the informant's info is correct then Fairy is immune to Dragon.
Why is Dark weak to Bug?
Will Fairy be weak to Bug?
To all the say fairies are cute/girly Toungue
https://www.facebook.com/MotherOfMew.Jua...=1&theater
(17-06-2013 12:04 AM)Grim Ripper Wrote: [ -> ]To all the say fairies are cute/girly Toungue
https://www.facebook.com/MotherOfMew.Jua...=1&theater

My sentiments exactly.
I think Absol would be a perfect candidate for Fairy-type, as would all other Pokemon that are based off of real-world monsters (Golduck/Ninetales) or look even slightly girly (Jigglypuff family/Chansey family).
(16-06-2013 11:44 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]What we need is a Dragon/Fairy. Beat that! If the informant's info is correct then Fairy is immune to Dragon.

THIS DESCRIBES ME NOW.

And this.

(16-06-2013 11:21 PM)Grim Ripper Wrote: [ -> ]You just hate fairies cause you don't want dragons to be weak and how does Love sounds better than fairy, we would also have Hate since both are emotions, we have fairies cause we have dragons (yeah i know we should have light cause we have dark, but light could easily be the same as elecrtic Toungue ), in conclusion just accept the fact that fairy is a real type and dragons will be weak to it.

Dark type is the Hate type.Check its moves.Unfair playing like Bite and Foul Play.Only 3-4 to do with darkness.So,we don't need a Light type.So,the name Love would be good.
In conclusion,accept the fact that I don't like the new type and stop being rude.You sound rude most of the times.

(17-06-2013 01:37 AM)Alcov1ch Wrote: [ -> ]I think Absol would be a perfect candidate for Fairy-type, as would all other Pokemon that are based off of real-world monsters (Golduck/Ninetales) or look even slightly girly (Jigglypuff family/Chansey family).

DON'T EVEN TOUCH NINETALES,ABSOL AND GOLDUCK!
C'mon!
Ninetales could be a Fire/Ghost.http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ninetales#Origin
A Pure Dark type with awesome design becoming a girly Faity type?Absol is begging for a Dark/Ghost evolution or a Pure Dark evolution.
Golduck should become Water-Psychic,not Water-Girly.

@everybody
Why is the Fairy type a good idea?Like Christos21 said,types could have changed some years ago,not now:
(16-06-2013 08:18 PM)christos21 Wrote: [ -> ]What logic says is that fairy-type will only be added as a secondary typing in older generation pokemon.Changing the type of an older generation pokemon is like saying that a gull is not a bird but a fish.However,we can expect anything from game-freak.Am I the only one who doesn't understand why a new type is necessary ? These mechanics should have been determined in 1996,not in 2013.Three types were introduced in these 17 years,dark&steel "beat" psychic and steel&fairy "beat" dragon.To sum up,I believe they simply try to correct their typing charts-balance mistakes and on the same time convince everybody that they're doing something refreshing for the game.
I just watched this video on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU4QKJ6M5v0
I mention it because he brought up the fact that Jigglypuff will be able to destroy Dialga.
If the Dialga user is an idiot,you may be true ; a jigglypuff will be able to beat the dialga.
I'd suggest some patience to everybody about the new type unless everything is officially confirmed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's